test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PSA] The Cyborg BOFF from the Cstore is quasi non-customisable

angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
edited February 2019 in The Art of Star Trek Online
Nothing else to say. Unlike other BOFFs (for example, 23c), this store-bought BOFF which brings the Discovery away team vest with it, is non-customisable when it comes to the uniform and head options. It's only option is the Discovery era uniform and no way to change it in my brief testing. pig-9.gif

On the plus side, the away team vest is a "chest gear" item and can be worn over any kind of uniform which is nice pig-1.gif​​
lFC4bt2.gif
^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
"A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
"That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
Post edited by angrytarg on

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    According to @baddmoonrizin this is intentional and WAI.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    I raised this as a bug in the Support section. No response there, but if you say it's WAI, that's not too surprising.

Although in my opinion, this surely shouldn't be As Intended - it clearly makes the BOFF unattractive to those of us who like having our crew in matching uniforms.
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2019
    From my experience, she is also able to wear the DSC Terran Empire uniform. Also, the helmet is removable, and the head is customizable to a point. There's a choice of three different cybernetic implants available.

Frankly, the Tailor is a bit broken after the most recent patch to "fix" the T'kuvma Armor issues. Once the devs get that sorted out, things might be a little more sensible. On the other hand, CBS may have dictated these restrictions.
    > @bberge1701 said:
    > From my experience, she is also able to wear the DSC Terran Empire uniform. Also, the helmet is removable, and the head is customizable to a point. There's a choice of three different cybernetic implants available.
    >
    > Frankly, the Tailor is a bit broken after the most recent patch to "fix" the T'kuvma Armor issues. Once the devs get that sorted out, things might be a little more sensible. On the other hand, CBS may have dictated these restrictions.

Yes, there are three headgear pieces to choose from, however she can't have hair (no Detmer for @artan42 😏).

Personally I see no reason to restrict a store BOFF like that. It makes them inferior to basic ones (the traits don't really do that much)
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    angrytarg wrote: »
    > @bberge1701 said:
    > From my experience, she is also able to wear the DSC Terran Empire uniform. Also, the helmet is removable, and the head is customizable to a point. There's a choice of three different cybernetic implants available.
    >
    > Frankly, the Tailor is a bit broken after the most recent patch to "fix" the T'kuvma Armor issues. Once the devs get that sorted out, things might be a little more sensible. On the other hand, CBS may have dictated these restrictions.

Yes, there are three headgear pieces to choose from, however she can't have hair (no Detmer for @artan42 😏).

Personally I see no reason to restrict a store BOFF like that. It makes them inferior to basic ones (the traits don't really do that much)

Only reason to ever have that BOFF but I don't want her bald.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    > @artan42 said:
    >
    > Only reason to ever have that BOFF but I don't want her bald.

Then you can put the 'tactical helmet' on 😂 Seriously, what is that thing even supposed to be?
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    angrytarg wrote: »
    > @artan42 said:
    >
    > Only reason to ever have that BOFF but I don't want her bald.

Then you can put the 'tactical helmet' on 😂 Seriously, what is that thing even supposed to be?

Starfleet doesn't allow ugly discrimination but it can tactful redirect people to tactical roles.

Or Daft Punk is a way of life in the Disco.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!