test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Circles Within Circles bug

rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
There is currently a bug in the mission that will cause the step to speak with subcommander kaol to be not completable and will require a player to drop and reaquire/repeat the mission to finish it, under a very specific set of circumstances.

Steps to reproduce:

- Acquire the mission but do not advance it at all.
- Acquire tier 1 dyson reputation without ever visiting the Dyson sphere (do a couple of Breach or Storming the Spires for commendations and wait 2 days)
- Acquire the Tier 1 cutscene
- Continue Circles within circles, speak to logistics, then scientist
- Go see Kaol, you will get the Tier 1 cutscene.
- You will now be unable to advance Circles within Circles and have to drop and reaquire the mission

Options to resolve:

- Do not allow a player to upgrade to Tier 1 Dyson rep without completing Circles within Circles first
-or-
- Do not award Commendations until Circles within Circles has been completed
-or-
- Make the completion step for Circles within Circles "Speak with Subcommander Kaol" an actual dialogue box that then triggers the cutscene (instead of a proximity trigger)

Thank you.
Gold.jpg
Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• paragonexileparagonexile Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I can't enter the mission at all with one of my alts. I've got at least four already in the sphere, but my latest is stuck outside the sphere entrance. Can't acquire the mission or do anything else with it. Spheres of Influence is also greyed out.
  • alienarchon2012alienarchon2012 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have the same problem as paragonexile. I did dyson sphere PVE missions and advanced to tier 1 and can't start the circles within circles quest line, all are greyed out to me. Is there any way to fix this or am I stuck forever?
  • alienarchon2012alienarchon2012 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    After searching the 'net for possible fixes, I managed to find one that worked for me.
    If you have the same problem I did, you may have episode chains that are grayed out for some reason. What I did was hit the 'Skip' button on an active mission within one of the grayed out chains. As soon as I did that D'Tan contacted me and offered the Circles Within Circles mission. I accepted, flew to the Solonae Dyson Sphere gateway and entered it with no further problems. I hope this will help anyone else who may be stuck. Happy gaming!
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have the same problem as paragonexile. I did dyson sphere PVE missions and advanced to tier 1 and can't start the circles within circles quest line, all are greyed out to me. Is there any way to fix this or am I stuck forever?

You have to skip episodes until you get to Sphere of Influence, then either skip that episode or complete it before you can do Circles within Circles. There are a couple episodes you can't skip past, such as 'Venture into deep space' and 'Report to Gamma Orionis'. But all you do there is go somewhere and talk to an NPC.

I had the same problem on my most recent level 50. I created her during the winter event, got her to level 50, then got tier 1 Dyson rep from trading in winter epohhs. I went to Dyson Joint Command and watched the cutscene for T1 Dyson rep.

I had the ability to transwarp directly to the allied zone in the Dyson sphere (unlocked at T1 Dyson rep). I could also transwarp to my fleet spire and exit to the allied zone.

But I found I couldn't do any missions there at all. I went to the supply depot and hailed it and got nothing. I hailed joint command and got nothing. I exited to Tau Dewa sector and went up to the Dyson Sphere gate and it wouldn't let me back in. The button said just that; I had to skip or complete Sphere of Influence.

I was slowly working on all episodes in order for this toon but decided to skip ahead. I got to 'Report to Gamma Orionis' and had to actually complete that because it can't be skipped.

So I went to the transwarp conduit in Sirius sector and chose the option to Join Battle Group Omega. Inside I went to the contact and completed the mission.

I then skipped ahead and decided to complete sphere of influence so I could get the Obilesk warp core, since I was using the common Mk X that came with my ship.

Sphere of Influence took me a lot longer to complete since the damned mission was so full of bugs I had to write up a bug report on the forums, with screenshots, and all. I was planning on doing Circles within Circles so I could get some more Dyson marks, but it became late and I was too tired to continue on, thanks to Sphere of Influence being buggy. :mad:

I was just about to log into the game to do Circles within Circles now. I hope I don't run into the problem the OP has.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just realized something: You have to enter Sphere Allied space via the gateway in Tau Dewa sector as the first objective to 'Circles within Circles'. I forgot about that. If you don't enter allied space from Tau Dewa, you won't be able to continue the mission until you do.

So if you transwarp directly to allied space in the Dyson Sphere, or transwarp to your fleet spire and exit to allied space, you need to go to the gate in the north west corner of the zone and exit to Tau Dewa, then re-enter allied space to update the mission objective. When you enter allied space from Tau Dewa there will be a cutscene and afterwards you will be inside Dyson Joint Command and you can finish the mission and take the next one.

Edit: Yep. Worked fine. Once inside joint command after the cutscene you get when entering allied space from Tau Dewa, I talked to the 2 NPCs in the main room then Subcommander Kaol and having an unskippable cutscene with him. After the cutscene with the subcommander I got the tips that introduce you to the reputation system where it opens up the rep window and tells you how things work.

Then I was able to get the reward for 'Circles within Circles' and take the next mission, 'Supply Woes'.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Similar problem here. My mission spot appears grey and i cant even select the mission. So weird, its the only mission in the entire roster of episodes that appears grey and i cant replay. There is no point since i already completed all the dyson episodes, but just saying, another bug... xD.
  • pikachu615#2143 pikachu615 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have a different issue with this. It says I need to complete or skip Sphere of influence before I can complete Circles within circles so I can access the dyson spear. I have completed Sphere of influence. it is greyed out. But I can't get circles to open so can't access the dyson sphere.