test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Inventory replicator locked out due to doffs in overflow bag [RESOLVED]

starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
edited February 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Bit of a catch-22 here: I had an overload of Colonist doffs from admiralty and Resettle Colonists assignments; they ended up in Overflow bag. This caused the replicator in inventory to be locked out -- the dialog box would open but all purchasable items were grayed out -- preventing me from replicating Provisions and so forth so I could expend Colonists on assignments and empty my overflow bag.
"Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
— Sabaton, "Great War"
VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
Post edited by starswordc on

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    Mail or list on the Exchange the excess Colonists to yourself to free up room to release the ones in the Overflow.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    > @tom61sto said:
    > Mail or list on the Exchange the excess Colonists to yourself to free up room to release the ones in the Overflow.

Yeah, that's basically what I did. But I'm considering this a bug because I've previously had similar doff overflows (prisoners from Admiralty) and it didn't lock out the replicator that time.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Prisoners and Colonists from Admiralty stack up in boxes in Inventory.
    I keep one box of Prisoners, Colonists and Traders in my inventory at all times to collect them as I get them. Never hits that Overflow...until I open them.

But then I don't open them until I have space in the DOFF roster specific to Prisoners and Colonists.

It is not a bug...they locked shopping when anything is in that Overflow Bag because of some exploit. Though not sure what that was.

Edit: Checking the game this morning.... DOFF assignments with Colonists and Prisoners attached will NOT complete due to "not enough space in roster". So, those won't go in the over flow bag either.
    Post edited by where2r1 on
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    It is intentional and not a bug:
    Players cannot purchase anything in in-game stores when 1 or more items are in the Overflow bag.
    PC patch notes for 1/23/19

I don't think they ever gave an official reason, so may be an exploit fix like where2r1 suggests, especially given that they've kept the restriction given how many side issues it seems to be causing.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Huh. Well, that's new since the last time I played for any sustained period.

Never mind then.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

This discussion has been closed.