test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Big Tidbit from 2/13/19 Ten Forward Livestream

vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
On the Livestream, Ambassador Kael with Cryptic Spartan sitting next to him, stated that Jem'hadar and Romulan ships are apparently on the schedule, with Spartan apparently starting systems work on some new ships soon. So, it appears that it's not doom and gloom yet for Romulans.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    My favorite Part was when TomCat said he's interested in making a skin for the constitution of the Phase II.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    spielman1 wrote: »
    Doom and Gloom for the Romulans no, I don't think the company shot themselves that bad in the foot well what left of the foot anyway. Issue I have isn't really ships but much appreciated but the fact when you make a Romulan Character you would have spent that time making a Fed or Klingon Character from the choice. Join the federation realize you a Federation with pointy ears or a Klingon character with pointy ears.
    They made a bad choice on that part should have went with the Empire or the Republic with the Federation and or Klingons as allies not storyline wise just that allies that help not you as one of theme.

Not really the Romulans have their own identity during most of the story, and eventually like the KDF, and FEDs get swallowed up into the Alliance by end game so basically now everyone is in one big faction

The dominion on the other hand are basically whatever faction you pick , if you do any stories you're basically referred to as that faction where the Romulans are mostly refereed to as Romulans never felt that the Romulans were part of the Federation or Klingons but the Dominion yeah you're in StarFleet you even get a Star Fleet Badge with a little Dominion logo
    GwaoHAD.png
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I am glad to hear that Romulan and Jem'hadar ships are in the works. This was getting to feel rather disheartening. Even for me, being a Klingon fan.

Thanks for passing it along.

I am sure it will not be fast enough for those waiting for them.
    But maybe it will be a light at the end of the tunnel.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    On the Livestream, Ambassador Kael with Cryptic Spartan sitting next to him, stated that Jem'hadar and Romulan ships are apparently on the schedule, with Spartan apparently starting systems work on some new ships soon. So, it appears that it's not doom and gloom yet for Romulans.

I appreciate you passing on the information, thank you.

With that being said, if they tell me the sky is blue, I'll go outside and verify for myself. Cryptic says a lot of things, I'll believe it when it happens. :wink:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • darthoricidarthorici Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    i hope the rom... get that d7 from enterprise incident . ps the warbird wings paint job looks nice on her belly in the ep
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I think in game its classified as the Krenn. So there already is at least an NPC of her.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Doom and Gloom for the Romulans no, I don't think the company shot themselves that bad in the foot well what left of the foot anyway. Issue I have isn't really ships but much appreciated but the fact when you make a Romulan Character you would have spent that time making a Fed or Klingon Character from the choice. Join the federation realize you a Federation with pointy ears or a Klingon character with pointy ears.
    They made a bad choice on that part should have went with the Empire or the Republic with the Federation and or Klingons as allies not storyline wise just that allies that help not you as one of theme.

Not really the Romulans have their own identity during most of the story, and eventually like the KDF, and FEDs get swallowed up into the Alliance by end game so basically now everyone is in one big faction

The dominion on the other hand are basically whatever faction you pick , if you do any stories you're basically referred to as that faction where the Romulans are mostly refereed to as Romulans never felt that the Romulans were part of the Federation or Klingons but the Dominion yeah you're in StarFleet you even get a Star Fleet Badge with a little Dominion logo

Did you skip most the dialogue than? because outside of the Romulans own arc they get the exact dialogue a KDF or Fed player would and rarely.. and I do mean RARELY are pointed out as being Romulan.

Nothing greater than doing KDF missions as Tovan Qapla's and calls people petaQs and your Captain is all like TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE!!

Sure it's a bit more neutral on the Federation side of things but it still feels exactly like being a Fed captain.. because it is the same :)
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    There's at least one of the newer cross faction missions where an npc refers to the romulans completely ignoring the species of the person they're talking to. Tail end of the kethi ones I think.

For the ships it's very easy to say something is on the schedule when you don't show the actual schedule or hint at any sort of timeframe. It's like saying "I'm scheduled to die", which is true (if a bit morbid) as everyone dies sometimes but says nothing about when so is far too vague to be proper information.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    There's at least one of the newer cross faction missions where an npc refers to the romulans completely ignoring the species of the person they're talking to. Tail end of the kethi ones I think.

For the ships it's very easy to say something is on the schedule when you don't show the actual schedule or hint at any sort of timeframe. It's like saying "I'm scheduled to die", which is true (if a bit morbid) as everyone dies sometimes but says nothing about when so is far too vague to be proper information.

I don't disbelieve them that they hav them on the schedule, it's just that companies like this can have very deep schedules. It could be anywhere from a few months to a year still before we see it. And I think a nagging question is, will this be a one of or a return to form?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    jagdtier44 wrote: »

Did you skip most the dialogue than? because outside of the Romulans own arc they get the exact dialogue a KDF or Fed player would and rarely.. and I do mean RARELY are pointed out as being Romulan.

Nothing greater than doing KDF missions as Tovan Qapla's and calls people petaQs and your Captain is all like TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE!!

Sure it's a bit more neutral on the Federation side of things but it still feels exactly like being a Fed captain.. because it is the same :)
    Oh please... as if that's a problem unique to Romulans. It's a problem for everyone playing red-side who isn't the Klingon species. A crew of Orions is NOT going to act the way Klingons will.

But... if you want an example of this with the Red and Blue factions forced to play the Romulan way, the entire Nimbus arc is written from a Romulan PoV.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Also will believe it when I see it, thanks for passing on the info. The packs, if it isn't just 2 ships, better be faction-specific and not bundled together as I have no interest in Jem'Hadar.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿

Oh please... as if that's a problem unique to Romulans. It's a problem for everyone playing red-side who isn't the Klingon species. A crew of Orions is NOT going to act the way Klingons will.

But... if you want an example of this with the Red and Blue factions forced to play the Romulan way, the entire Nimbus arc is written from a Romulan PoV.
    No it isn't a problem unique with the Romulans but if you can fix it in the Romulans than others will come in time it has been an issue for some time don't get wrong and has been brought up a million times too but players wont stop still it is corrected. All of it corrected like the Klingon many races wont act Klingon and so on and so forth.
    The problem is that writing two branches for a dialog box is twice as much work, even worse if it's voiced. Imagine doing multiple story branches for every part of every mission, some Foundry authors have done it, but it's a lot of time.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User

I appreciate you passing on the information, thank you.

With that being said, if they tell me the sky is blue, I'll go outside and verify for myself. Cryptic says a lot of things, I'll believe it when it happens. :wink:

Me too... Thanks for the information. I'm three ships shy of having all the Romulan ships in game. I should be able to get them once I have 3.5b EC saved up. Speaking of which, I really do wish Cryptic would give us a direct buy option for older box ships but what do I know...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User

While the overall message is great to hear, the glaring fact is any new ships are months away from being in players hands. I would have thought that Rom and Jem ships would be worked on, at least in part, as a background project and that at least some work would have been done by now. However, it seems work hasn't even begun yet. That is disheartening.

And while Roms getting more ships would be nice, at least THEY have their LTS/1000 day vet reward ships/shuttle already. Jems, who are supposed to be their own faction and therefore should have their own Vet ships/shuttle, don't. I know there was talk that they will happen eventually, but time keeps passing and still no news of it even being on the schedule.

I'm trying to keep a positive outlook about how the game seems to be changing, but it's getting more and more difficult with each passing day.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User

Of course they are....the only ships that Romulans and Jem'Hadar will probably get in 2019 are the Scout ships that will share a console set with the Vulcan scout ship.

Even when the Devs didn't make any more Klingon ships before Romulans launched....they still made the anniversary ship for them too.

Not exactly anything to cheer about.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,101 Arc User

No it isn't a problem unique with the Romulans but if you can fix it in the Romulans than others will come in time it has been an issue for some time don't get wrong and has been brought up a million times too but players wont stop still it is corrected. All of it corrected like the Klingon many races wont act Klingon and so on and so forth.
    The problem is that writing two branches for a dialog box is twice as much work, even worse if it's voiced. Imagine doing multiple story branches for every part of every mission, some Foundry authors have done it, but it's a lot of time.

A lot of work yes it is but imagine the quality that will come of it, if you take your time and do something right the first time then you don't to come back as they are doing now with many missions and fix everything that is wrong. This can spread to bug and quality of life for the game.
    ^^^
    Very little ROI for a lot of extra expense. Sorry to say, but as much as there ARE fans of the Klingon and Romulan cultures who really like and want to play characters based on that - the OVERWHELMING majority come to STO to be their own version of Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway, Archer, Lorca, or Pike. And that's who the Dev team will always cater to most.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    A lot of work yes it is but imagine the quality that will come of it, if you take your time and do something right the first time then you don't to come back as they are doing now with many missions and fix everything that is wrong. This can spread to bug and quality of life for the game.
    Quality of what? A line change that affects nothing and most people wont even notice since people barely pay attention to what happens in the game anyways? A massively slower level of episode development that would mean stories would take twice as long to come out only to reach the same endpoint that they do now?

Besides, your comparison of Cryptic fixing thing is fairly unrelated to what you suggest. The changes Cryptic had made to past arcs are for graphics, and enemy encounters, not the overall story, which is a different beast entirely.
    Different beast yes but still can be done I'm not saying they have to do all of it one sitting but making a story to where fans of those races can enjoy the game as those races be nice also. Why should fans of the Klingons and Romulans and so forth be treated completely different to the Federation. They could do a race view a release and make things easier or however they want to do it.
    Tell you what, write a story, you don't even need to do a Foundry, just diagram the mission flow with boxes. Start by making a story with a specific tone, and then do it for several alternate paths.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
This discussion has been closed.