test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Win an Arozzi Gaming Chair and Table!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
You can win a Star Trek branded Gaming Chair and Table!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11090703

Comments

• nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I was able to enter, like I'd win anyways with my history of Cryptic's gambling odds, but good luck to everyone & that looks like a really nice set-up chair & desk. One would have to play STO if they won that I'd think. Monitors not included lol.
  • f1boogief1boogie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Only open to the USA and Canada. For a chair made in Sweeden. Why not Europe as well?
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    f1boogie wrote: »
    Only open to the USA and Canada. For a chair made in Sweeden. Why not Europe as well?

I don't remember seeing anything about country restrictions but it's Star Trek Online; when have STO Giveaways ever been available to people in Europe?
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • msb777msb777 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I have a very old chair. I need this sweet chair. The table would be nice too.
  • risian6#1997 risian6 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    msb777 wrote: »
    I have a very old chair. I need this sweet chair. The table would be nice too.

Let's make a deal: I'm going to put some energy into hoping that you will win, and if you do, you can keep the chair and give the table to me.

;)
    Formerly known as Risian4. Risian6 is my new PS4-account. Fleetcaptain5 is my main PC account. I hope to actively play again on PC in a few months.

Now that that's made clear... on to the next issue: when are playable Voth coming, and where's are my T7 Vesta and C-store purchasable real life shuttle? :)
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User

Legal stuff, as usual. Shame though.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »

I don't remember seeing anything about country restrictions but it's Star Trek Online; when have STO Giveaways ever been available to people in Europe?

Read the Terms and Conditions
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Can I buy the chair outright? That's an awesome chair!
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    Sick of these competitions only being able to be entered by US and Canada. this sucks
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    robeasom wrote: »
    Sick of these competitions only being able to be entered by US and Canada. this sucks
    That's because the way they run these competitions is illegal outside the US. The way they treat personal information would get them a large fine if they tried that in the EU.
  • dontshootatmedontshootatme Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Not only is this for US and Canada only, it's a shame that there is some rather strange information being requested in relation to the twitch information.

It's asking to control profiles you follow and view information relating to subscriber count (that's paid subscriptions)

Why does Gleam need that information, It's very iffy....

If the winner happens to be a twitch streamer with a paid subscriber base, you know this was an advertisement not a fair competition....#justsaying
  • gxv4gxv4 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    T&Cs

10. Open to legal residents of any 1 of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and Canada who are at least 18 years old.

nothing for ROW again.
    but im guessing the import tax would be a big amount that we would have to pay anyway
    Blue02.png
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Stop wasting my time with a contest that won't register my entries.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    "Looks like a good scratching post, the Star Fleet Logo is at the perfect height" ~~ Mr. Fritz the Cat.

"I can get my claws stuck in the mouse pad table top when I rub my face on the monitor" ~~ Tilly, the other terrorist who lives in my house.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    robeasom wrote: »
    That's because the way they run these competitions is illegal outside the US. The way they treat personal information would get them a large fine if they tried that in the EU.

Wow that is fascinating to learn & know, thanks. I bet admitting such contests/giveaways can become a pain having to figure out all the legal mumbo gumbo too.
  • falsfire1976falsfire1976 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    "Looks like a good scratching post, the Star Fleet Logo is at the perfect height" ~~ Mr. Fritz the Cat.

"I can get my claws stuck in the mouse pad table top when I rub my face on the monitor" ~~ Tilly, the other terrorist who lives in my house.

Gaming with a cat on the desk is purrfect. Is Tilly an orange tabby? :)
  • falsfire1976falsfire1976 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Also, here's my post of "my desk and chair are each over 20 years old, pick me pick me" :)
  • mazzarin#2114 mazzarin Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @pottsey5g said:
    > robeasom wrote: »
    >
    > Sick of these competitions only being able to be entered by US and Canada. this sucks
    >
    >
    >
    > That's because the way they run these competitions is illegal outside the US. The way they treat personal information would get them a large fine if they tried that in the EU.

Just curious, but why does it happens in the EU? What exactly is the infraction alleged by the fine? Do we have other places like Oceania or Latin America with such restrictions?

Anyway, the chair looks gorgeous! I didn't know about the existence of this brand before. It seems to be high quality stuff
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Gaming with a cat on the desk is purrfect. Is Tilly an orange tabby? :)

Grayish tabby. :)

Tilly: https://i.imgur.com/h3XnIEx.jpg
    Tilly Terrorizing her bro, Fritz: https://i.imgur.com/vxTGLLx.jpg

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    > @pottsey5g said:
    > robeasom wrote: »
    >
    > Sick of these competitions only being able to be entered by US and Canada. this sucks
    >
    >
    >
    > That's because the way they run these competitions is illegal outside the US. The way they treat personal information would get them a large fine if they tried that in the EU.

Just curious, but why does it happens in the EU? What exactly is the infraction alleged by the fine? Do we have other places like Oceania or Latin America with such restrictions?

Anyway, the chair looks gorgeous! I didn't know about the existence of this brand before. It seems to be high quality stuff
    The EU has very strict laws on the use of personal information. You cannot use personal information without explicit constant. There is no such thing as auto opt in over here, that is illegal. “Upon entering this contest you are opting in to receive emails from Star Trek Online. For details about how we collect, use and disclose personal information” That type of thing over here gets you a large fine and doesn't meet the requirements of our laws.
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Just thought I would ask.

2. The promotion commences at 9:00am PT on Thursday, February 14, 2019 and closes at 11:59pm PT on Monday, February 17, 2019.

So it is closed because the date was set to Sunday. Was that a bad date or day of week?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Ah I missed it. I guess it's standing and STO as per usual.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well the 18th is a Holiday in the USA, perhaps that?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tr717771tr717771 Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    well did anyone win I did everything right and no email stating the winner?
  • tr717771tr717771 Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    and to add I hope I win it cause I desperately need them cause of a bad back and I have no computer desk none of these I wouldn't be able to afford due to the fact I don't get much from my VA check and the fact some bills are expensive but have no choice cause of how things are here in Las Vegas NV
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well the 18th is a Holiday in the USA, perhaps that?

8 out of 10 Canadian provinces say it's Family Day there. 1 out of 10 Canadian Provinces says Family Day was so last Monday. A different 1 out of 10 Canadian Provinces says Riel Day is today.

What's the holiday called in the USA?
  • anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    I abstained. Not worth it to turn control of your email/social accounts over to an app.
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    President's Day
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns