test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

i have a question do to the two c-store bugs with the DISCOVERY OPERATIONS PACK hitting tomorrow.

darthoricidarthorici Member Posts: 187 Arc User
DISCOVERY OPERATIONS PACK hits on the feb 14. but right bow there to bugs that are plaguing the c-store.
bug one is “previous transaction is still running” and "unable to complete transaction. the price of the product has changed. please verify the new price before purchasing." this bug is not new i played from year one of the game. and was fixed fast the one i remember. but this has been going on for a wile.

so the question is this. what are we to do when we cant clam the DISCOVERY OPERATIONS PACK?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    They are working on it. The thing that lets them make money from you is important to people wanting money, so it's probably a high priority fix... It's just very broken for an unknown reason.
  • zaccar#5080 zaccar Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    yes they are working on it. BUT, htey have our money before we realize that we cant claim the stuff we paid for.
    my gamma vanguard pack is in the third week now. 124 bucks down the effin drain
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Nothing about a fix for this in the patch notes.

Buy at your own risk, personally.. I wouldn't risk it. The fact is, this bug means they can get the money but you don't get what you bought.

What type of company doesn't consider this a high severity issue? What type of company doesn't at least communicate the progress on the issue to their customers?

Not the type I feel comfortable giving my Credit Card number to.. that's for sure.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Use PayPal.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Couple things here.
    • How do you know they actually HAVE the money? Maybe the money is in limbo just as much as the product.
    • If it is a bug... file a bug report.

Normally I don't get involved in these kinds of things because of the chance of being attacked. But in this case...
    They're not some evil empire looking to rip people off. Having a bug like this is a detriment to their income, which in turn is a detriment to us because our money pays for content of all kinds. If there is an issue with that, natually they would work on it. However Cryptic, or any other company, is not entitled or required to keep us informed of any progress towards fixing bugs. It gets done when it gets done.

As with any MMO, the code is speggetti. You fix one thing, something else breaks. All they can really do is let us know if they've got a fix in the works. Also legally we have to recieve something we buy. So if there is a bug with the C-Store, they will address it. They CANNOT leave it alone for "evil 'i have your monies'" purposes as that is not legal. Also note that Cryptic's bug team is also working on god knows how many other bugs. So realistically... just be patient and file a bug report. Raging on the forums isn't going to make things get done any faster. If anything... might cause trouble with the forum mods.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    rattler2 wrote: »
    =

Normally I don't get involved in these kinds of things because of the chance of being attacked. But in this case...
    They're not some evil empire looking to rip people off. Having a bug like this is a detriment to their income, which in turn is a detriment to us because our money pays for content of all kinds. If there is an issue with that, natually they would work on it. However Cryptic, or any other company, is not entitled or required to keep us informed of any progress towards fixing bugs. It gets done when it gets done.

The bug is reported, both here and on reddit. It's existed for some time now.

For general game play bugs, you are correct.. they are under no obligation to keep the player base up to date. To be totally honest, they're under no obligation to fix those bugs at all.

When however, the bug has the potential to result in peoples money being collected and goods not being delivered, now you're absolutely wrong. The company has a responsibility to make sure their customers can feel safe and secure spending money with them and they have a responsibility to either fix these issues or disable the store until it's fixed if this proves to be more then an isolated incident.

Personally, I have not had this happen to me, but I more then understand people that don't want to spend money if they believe there is a possibility that funds will be collected and services not delivered. No business on the face of the planet can or would operate in such a fashion and no one gets a 'free pass' for such actions.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Trouble is for stores like the C-store you don't actually make a cash purchase directly you have to buy the stores currency and unfortunately thats the purchase which would be one that would be looked at by your bank or anyone else you try to get involved.

If you bought zen and that went through fine then nothing you can do about it financially other than constantly poke and prod until they pull the finger out and get it sorted.

If you bought the gamma pack direct from the website rather than store and nothing is being done start mentioning in your correspondences to cryptic/pwe that your considering talking to your bank or credit card company about a charge back due to failure to deliver the goods.

Meantime boycott the store and be open about doing so.

I'm on one because of the flash sales being 12 hours (won't be lifted until I see the anniversary ones weren't an aberration) and the overpriced nature of this new disco bundle doesn't help the store at all. I will admit I did ease it for the original elite starter pack because it was value for money although the change to one with far too similar a name stopped that.
    yes they are working on it. BUT, htey have our money before we realize that we cant claim the stuff we paid for.
    my gamma vanguard pack is in the third week now. 124 bucks down the effin drain

What did support say?

On another note, do you know how common this is because some of our guys bought items including the pack today and I didn't have any reports of an issue.

last info from support is that its gonna get patched on feb 21
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    My Discovery Character that has had issues with claiming Ship Bundles (but could claim them individually) could claim the Operations Pack. That then breaks down into many individual items. The C-Store description tells you exactly where to go to claim each part.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    it seems to me that this bug happens only when purchasing on the wesite like i did. i bought other packs aingame with zen and all work fine
This discussion has been closed.