test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do I complete Tower Control?

ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
What it says in the title, how do I complete the Dyson mission 'Tower Control'? I've tried killing Voth ships near the towers the way the mission says I should but the percentage bar doesn't move. This mission is apparently no longer skippable after the journal overhaul but must be completed, yet nothing I do gives any progress. Suggestions at this point would be more than welcome.

And before some smart alec starts, I've done everything prior to this one that is not the issue here. For the record some of the TFO wrapper missions aren't skippable anymore either but must be completed. That's really a nuisances too.
Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Those missions in Dyson Sphere.....they had giant glowing arrows on everything that counted toward the actual "mission objectives". Also, marked with the title of the mission when you mouse over the groups.

Anyhoo...that was a PITA as I just did it on my Ferengi to unlock the Mirror of Discovery missions for the Anniversary Ship tokens, and I had to do them to skip by. It just kept going and going and going to one objective to the next to the next. Finally, got done with it...and decided I don't ever want to do anything in the Dyson Sphere ever, again.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Tower_Control

Are you staying close to the tower after you kill the Voth so that the area control progress increases to 100% ?
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Yeah, you have to stay with your chosen tower while the progress bar moves. You'll need to fight off more waves of enemies while it progresses.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    ilithyn wrote: »
    What it says in the title, how do I complete the Dyson mission 'Tower Control'? I've tried killing Voth ships near the towers the way the mission says I should but the percentage bar doesn't move. This mission is apparently no longer skippable after the journal overhaul but must be completed, yet nothing I do gives any progress. Suggestions at this point would be more than welcome.

And before some smart alec starts, I've done everything prior to this one that is not the issue here. For the record some of the TFO wrapper missions aren't skippable anymore either but must be completed. That's really a nuisances too.

It can be a pain to do, but eventually, if you stick with a tower that starts off at 0% control, the ships will start counting, and you'll complete it.

That mission, and the TFO Introductions, are all still able to be skipped. I just tested this on an older character that hadn't done these things. The skip button only appears in the Episodes or Available tab in the journal, as always, not when the contact auto-hails you with the mission, or from the little window in the Overview tab. In that category, only Circles Within Circles and Supply Woes can't be skipped. Aside from those, basically any mission that doesn't list a dilithium or gear choice reward (except for the TFO Introductions) will not be able to be skipped. Those same missions will also not be able to be replayed.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • hivercidehivercide Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Are you trying to just shoot Voth ships in general, or are you hanging around the Control Towers? There are 4 of them, but due to the large number of players, it is not always easy to get kill-credit for Voth hanging around them. Just remember that ONLY the ships specifically around the Towers count, if you move far enough away from them it doesn't matter how many you kill because they won't count towards your goal.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    You can skip playing Tower Control. :p Supply Woes is the one you can't skip.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Pretty sure I just skipped this on my ST:D toon? Supply woes wasn't skippable though.

But as mentioned, their are always people in Dyson doing this mission. So pick one tower. Park there. Blow TRIBBLE up. When more ships come. Blow them up. MUST stay with 10k of tower for progress to move (same in space as the ground dyson area control) you have to stay in the marked area. Let the other players go off and STAY PUT. Good luck!
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Yup this one is as other have said. You, have to capture the tower.

As far as it being able to skip it. If this is your first time playing through the story arcs, then no, unfortunately nothing is skippable, aside from maybe the new STF stuff. Since I don't think they removed the you have to play through it all on one character, in order to skip it on other characters, restriction.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    I never had a problem with Tower Control myself, though I never left the tower till the red line went blue.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    Yup this one is as other have said. You, have to capture the tower.

As far as it being able to skip it. If this is your first time playing through the story arcs, then no, unfortunately nothing is skippable, aside from maybe the new STF stuff. Since I don't think they removed the you have to play through it all on one character, in order to skip it on other characters, restriction.

I skipped it on the highest-level character on an alt account, so that isn't a thing. You still have to play each faction's tutorial once to be able to skip it on later characters, but it appears that nothing else has that restriction.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • powskierpowskier Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Yeah, you have to stay with your chosen tower while the progress bar moves. You'll need to fight off more waves of enemies while it progresses.

You need to Change it to 'WE' can- We -have a t6 Novacaine /xd:)
    O-kay...
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • imperium#7101 imperium Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Well I learned something today. When I did Tower Control I was thinking I needed to stick around the Main Spire. It took me forever. Hate that mission now I know.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Well I learned something today. When I did Tower Control I was thinking I needed to stick around the Main Spire. It took me forever. Hate that mission now I know.
    Read quest objectives you did not.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • imperium#7101 imperium Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Read quest objectives you did not.

LOL you are correct. Have a great day.

• ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions and advice. A few points of update.

1) I did try shooting ships close to the towers (no not the central one, the ones given in the quest objective) as well as away from them. I tried towers at zero, half way, near full and just about every other combinations I could think of. Nothing made the objective move. Also I was alone around the towers in question so it wasn't an issue of another player getting the kill.
    I finally got it to complete today by killing ships slightly outside the circle on the map. Don't ask me why this worked, I have no bloody clue, but it's done now.

2) Re: the unskippable part. Correction then. I could not skip these missions in spite of having done everything leading up to them. I'm pleased to hear that this is not a general issue and then probably a bug related to the mission journal in my case. I will report it as such in due course.

Again, thanks for everyone's help.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions and advice. A few points of update.

1) I did try shooting ships close to the towers (no not the central one, the ones given in the quest objective) as well as away from them. I tried towers at zero, half way, near full and just about every other combinations I could think of. Nothing made the objective move. Also I was alone around the towers in question so it wasn't an issue of another player getting the kill.
    I finally got it to complete today by killing ships slightly outside the circle on the map. Don't ask me why this worked, I have no bloody clue, but it's done now.

2) Re: the unskippable part. Correction then. I could not skip these missions in spite of having done everything leading up to them. I'm pleased to hear that this is not a general issue and then probably a bug related to the mission journal in my case. I will report it as such in due course.

Again, thanks for everyone's help.

Ahh.. right. One thing I forgot to mention. The circles are "general area" for the map. These can be a bit off slightly. As I do work in the foundry. I've found that these can range in various ways. Sometimes a bit off on placement. The most notable for me, is that they tend to range between +5 and -5 km in height of their actual position.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.