test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Science Vessel Drought

2»

Comments

• odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Not to mention those spec seats hardly differ...pretty much every Sci ship in the game is shoehorned with either Intel or Temporal...there are a couple with Command, but nothing with Pilot or Miracle Worker to the best of my knowledge. (Why I hope with a T6 Nova they would do pilot since it is a small and agile ship)[/qu
    Would like to see more Romulan science warbirds, with the whole package: subsystem targeting, sensor analysis, secondary deflector slot, highest shield modifiers, starting with the Dysons, and please no more dewan toilet brush/child toys.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Na'kuhl_Daemosh_Science_Vessel
    Only T6 Science Vessel with a Pilot seat.

Also, I haven't checked myself, but T5 Vesta consoles need to work on fed-aligned Rom 'Vestas' if they don't, along with all the console set bonus benefits.

They work on the Fed-alligned Rom Multimission Warbirds.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    They work on the Fed-alligned Rom Multimission Warbirds.
    This is excellent news, at least for Rom-feds, very happy even if it means making a phaser fun build on a Rom. Would be nice if KDF also got access to the consoles.
    *edit: seems there's no need for phaser as the phaser beam console scales off of EPG.
    Post edited by alcyoneserene on
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    So what - BFAW has been nerfed, Cannons were once nerfed. People still use them.

It doesn't matter that something was nerfed once. what matters is whether you can make powerful builds out of it now. And you can, and people do. Just not as many as they do beam or cannon builds.

Except it isn't once....it's a series of nerfs when they aren't needed. Energy weapons have always been the top dog ALWAYS...yet Science gets nerfed over and over, like the devs are afraid of upsetting the energy weapons only crowd so they do whatever it takes to make sure nothing will ever surpass the 8 energy weapons focused around BFAW or CSV builds.

It gets annoying when something isn't broken but they still nerf it...especially when it's something you really enjoy.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    So what - BFAW has been nerfed, Cannons were once nerfed. People still use them.

It doesn't matter that something was nerfed once. what matters is whether you can make powerful builds out of it now. And you can, and people do. Just not as many as they do beam or cannon builds.

Except it isn't once....it's a series of nerfs when they aren't needed. Energy weapons have always been the top dog ALWAYS...yet Science gets nerfed over and over, like the devs are afraid of upsetting the energy weapons only crowd so they do whatever it takes to make sure nothing will ever surpass the 8 energy weapons focused around BFAW or CSV builds.

It gets annoying when something isn't broken but they still nerf it...especially when it's something you really enjoy.

I am afraid the problem here is also the selective perception. Some people mostly seem to register the nerfs and forget the instances where there have been buffs.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    FBP was rendered useless, nerfed to oblivion, then made an event-ship/T6 phoenix grand prize starship trait to boost it's uselessness slightly. I doubt NPCs 'complained' of getting destroyed by FBP or conventional weapon types that destroy them even faster, so suspecting it was related to the non-existent non-supported PVP scene.

TBR used to be a good 'science-FAW' with doff, now does little damage. Also suspecting a PVP balance attempt (despite hard counters to it) since the original TBR wasn't over the top against NPCs.

Aux subsystem power overcap benefits have been nerfed, but weapon power overcap remains as strong as ever.

Any tank can do conventional weapon damage well, and any DPS build can tank well, but a hybrid sci/dps or sci/tank is usually ineffective or hard to justify.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
This discussion has been closed.