test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New cutscenes for the "Empress Sela" mission on tribble

Comments

• razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
    That is already on the live server. Unless it has been removed in the last 3 weeks. I got to see it when doing episodes with my friend. I think you had to access a terminal to get it, if I remember correctly. It was required to complete the mission.

Razar.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I like this new animator.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    They're doing other nice touch-ups besides the animations. I was playing the early Fed missions a week or so ago and noticed the one to bring the Vulcan ambassador to P'Jammas has been tweaked to improve the dialogue before beaming down and to remove some of the ground combat.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    They're doing other nice touch-ups besides the animations. I was playing the early Fed missions a week or so ago and noticed the one to bring the Vulcan ambassador to P'Jammas has been tweaked to improve the dialogue before beaming down and to remove some of the ground combat.
    A few people at Cryptic, even the new EP himself, mentioned that when the new EP came in, he played through all of the games content so he could understand where the game is, and what its doing, and came away questioning the quality of the games earlier content. He also didn't like that the response he got back from the devs was "ohh, that's stuff we made years and years ago, and no one has touched that in forever". So, he basically told them to go back and make it better.

This is why the Klingon War arc is getting another revamp, why all these cutscenes are being redone, why they made new Boff idle animations, why most of the old, launch era, TFO have been pulled out, and slowly replaced by new ones
    -Federation/Gorn Minefield -> Romulan Imperial Minefield
    -Starbase 24 -> Defense of Starbase 1
    -Slowing the Expeditionary Force -> Battle at the Binary Stars
    -Breaking the Planet -> Pahvo Dissension(given what we did in the old BtP TFO, and the Pahvo mission we just got)

I'm going to make a pretty big assumption and guess that the Landry focused "Limited Engagement" TFO coming out in April is going to be the replaced Starbase 24 Rescue ground TFO.

I imagine that the work they are trying to do for these cutscenes is to make things more expressive and closer to how the TV series did things in terms of characters talking to each other.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Whoever that guy is doing character animations in this game that weren't seen before with the recent missions and on deserves recognition. This is a very old MMO and he pushes the limits of what's been done prior.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    A few people at Cryptic, even the new EP himself, mentioned that when the new EP came in, he played through all of the games content so he could understand where the game is, and what its doing, and came away questioning the quality of the games earlier content. He also didn't like that the response he got back from the devs was "ohh, that's stuff we made years and years ago, and no one has touched that in forever". So, he basically told them to go back and make it better.

This is why the Klingon War arc is getting another revamp, why all these cutscenes are being redone, why they made new Boff idle animations, why most of the old, launch era, TFO have been pulled out, and slowly replaced by new ones
    -Breaking the Planet -> Pahvo Dissension(given what we did in the old BtP TFO, and the Pahvo mission we just got)

I'm going to make a pretty big assumption and guess that the Landry focused "Limited Engagement" TFO coming out in April is going to be the replaced Starbase 24 Rescue ground TFO.
    There was also that "Play with the devs" event testing the new RTFO system where Kael had to play Cure ground with the devs watching him. The devs were like "wow, this is worse than we remembered it being".
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • broadnaxbroadnax Member Posts: 340 Arc User

The problem is, the Klingon war arc was my favorite part of the game. It was weakened when they over-simplified the some of the early missions, and now some of my favorite missions are missing. Hopefully the revamp will enhance the missions and bring some of the missing content back--but better. :-)
  • broadnaxbroadnax Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    broadnax wrote: »
    The problem is, the Klingon war arc was my favorite part of the game. It was weakened when they over-simplified the some of the early missions, and now some of my favorite missions are missing. Hopefully the revamp will enhance the missions and bring some of the missing content back--but better. :-)
    They have said that all of the removed missions are coming back, but not necessarily as separate missions. Like, they have talked about possibly merging "City of the Edge of Never" and "Past Imperfect" into one mission.

I would suspect they could easily do the same with Hide and Seek/Stop the Signal, The Kuvah'Magh/Treasure Trading Station, and Task Force Hippocrates/The Ultimate Klingon, since most of those are just the same story split up into two, overly padded out, missions.

That's sounds good. I hope they do not strip out too much (e.g., oversimplify). Streamlined with a solid story is okay, dumbed down is less fun.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    They have said that all of the removed missions are coming back, but not necessarily as separate missions. Like, they have talked about possibly merging "City of the Edge of Never" and "Past Imperfect" into one mission.

I would suspect they could easily do the same with Hide and Seek/Stop the Signal, The Kuvah'Magh/Treasure Trading Station, and Task Force Hippocrates/The Ultimate Klingon, since most of those are just the same story split up into two, overly padded out, missions.

That's sounds good. I hope they do not strip out too much (e.g., oversimplify). Streamlined with a solid story is okay, dumbed down is less fun.

From what I've seen in the Cardassian arc they haven't done that. No important story beats were removed during a the merge just trimming the fat by removing padding or elements that didn't make much sense.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    They sent an ambassador class along with the reinforcements. Revenge is a dish that is best served cold -
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    They sent an ambassador class along with the reinforcements. Revenge is a dish that is best served cold -

I think that ship might be T'nea's flagship, rather then just a random ambassador-class ship.

Though I could miss remembering thing, so don't quote me about it.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Yea... I believe the Ambassador Class is T'Nae's ship.

What kinda irks me though is moving Temporal Ambassador into a different arc, because one of the rewards is actually a playable Ambassador/Kamarag for T3. The arc its in now... no point in even USING it other than for Admiralty Card because you're already past T3 ships.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Yea... I believe the Ambassador Class is T'Nae's ship.

What kinda irks me though is moving Temporal Ambassador into a different arc, because one of the rewards is actually a playable Ambassador/Kamarag for T3. The arc its in now... no point in even USING it other than for Admiralty Card because you're already past T3 ships.

Yes, that's a problem. The mission should be earlier so players can use the ship during their grind.
    XzRTofz.gif
This discussion has been closed.