test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omni beams

Does anyone happen to know why lock box omnis are considered crafted

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    The distinction of which omnis the lockbox omni blocks was likely to keep powercreep down, as there were few mission reward omni types at the time of the first lockbox with them (Mirror Incursion?), but every weapon base type was craftable at that time. Beyond that, it could just be arbitrary, like the Competitive Reputation omni changing which it blocks after release. Note: The devs when asked about omnis on Livestreams don't seem to think of them as belonging in 'types', but instead what equip limitations as assigned to the particular omni, hence the use of 'blocks' above.

So you can only have a max of two Omni-directional Beam Arrays, since the non-sets have near beam-array damage output with set omnis having a little bit less, whereas 360 degree turrets are much less powerful. The Kinetic Cutting Beam doesn't have any blocking of other omnis besides copies of itself, but it doesn't respond to weapon firing enhancements (mentioned for completeness).
  • sam034sii#7314 sam034sii Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    well threason why i ask is i run a complete beem build and i run 4 beam arrays on the front and for omnis on the back my rear are trilithium enhance phasic harmonic omni kinetic cutting and integrety linked omni but i have an epic crafted and when i asked dev they said that lock boxes are considered crafted

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    check the dmg number.... regular mission reward omni dps is low. crafted omni has a higher dps. lockbox omni should have the higher dps similar to crafted.
  • mournblade#1863 mournblade Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    The restriction on equipping omnis due to "power creep" is no longer a valid argument. I wish people would stop bringing it up, since as of last year's game changes, that justification simply holds no water. With cannons becoming the new meta due in large part to power management improvements, and due in smaller part to the beam nerfs, allowing players to equip two Omnis of any source type (i.e. mission, rep, crafted) would not unbalance the game, and would likely still not be enough to usurp the cannon meta.