- ships from other species using singularity cores
- DOFF missions that boost stats like all the others get

Comments

• karriqkarriq Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Romulans need 2 main things:

Romulans got -
    1. 2! extra space bases (New romulus command center +space base) all of this exclusive to roms.
    2. Romulans now got a largest selection of ships. ROMS ships + Ships of chosen faction.
    3. Romulans can use doffs and boffs of selected faction + rom exclusive boffs and doffs.

And all of this for a price of having extra core around. And even ask for more? :) Dont be so greedy!
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    ...and feds got Honored Dead for 1 mil EC instead of 350-650 on KFD. Plus too many unique characters (Temp and Disco). There are many unfair things, that does not mean we should not start balancing them somewhere. While that, I'd give Feds dil for prisoners.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    karriq wrote: »

Romulans got -
    1. 2! extra space bases (New romulus command center +space base) all of this exclusive to roms.
    2. Romulans now got a largest selection of ships. ROMS ships + Ships of chosen faction.
    3. Romulans can use doffs and boffs of selected faction + rom exclusive boffs and doffs.

And all of this for a price of having extra core around. And even ask for more? :) Dont be so greedy!

All of this makes me start to think that we actually and secretly rule over the other two factions, and not the other way around. At least, that's how my headcanon makes sense of the Federation and the Klingon empire giving a 'allied' foreign power COMPLETE access to nearly all of their ships and spaces. They get nothing from us in return for their 'largesse' :p
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Complete thread titles....
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

do not want, can take it back and make us a full faction or just take and kick gecko in the balls repeatedly until he stops making everything an extension of the UFP
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User

Romulans got -

All of this makes me start to think that we actually and secretly rule over the other two factions, and not the other way around. At least, that's how my headcanon makes sense of the Federation and the Klingon empire giving a 'allied' foreign power COMPLETE access to nearly all of their ships and spaces. They get nothing from us in return for their 'largesse' :p

I mean... isn't that how it is? Roms got access to the all best ships (warbirds or not), best boffs, easiest admiralty (bacause of vast ship access). Since ViL there's only been downsides to rolling with a vanilla fed/fkd instead of an aligned romulan.
    The only thing that's a concern is the lack of rom counterparts of the last two ship releases but since roms can use them too that also has become less of an issue now.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    arionisa wrote: »
    Thank you for making me smile today. Much appreciated as I fight off this headcold. However, I feel the need to respond in the format the OP presented in. so.

... to remember they can have FIVE SRO BOffs to use at the same time when the other factions can only have TWO.
    ... to remember they can cloak without using a console space.
    ... to remember ALL Romulan ships can cloak. And, it is the good one, too.
    ... to remember the end game is still complete domination of the Beta Quadrant. This 'Republic' thing is just a side hustle.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Romulans need a redesign on LTS uniforms. Seriously, what they have is shapeless and highly unflattering.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!

Romulans got -

I mean... isn't that how it is? Roms got access to the all best ships (warbirds or not), best boffs, easiest admiralty (bacause of vast ship access). Since ViL there's only been downsides to rolling with a vanilla fed/fkd instead of an aligned romulan.
    The only thing that's a concern is the lack of rom counterparts of the last two ship releases but since roms can use them too that also has become less of an issue now.

Exactly. I'll admit that the lack of Romulan ships with each ship release is a bummer but given how much easier admiralty is now, I'm almost starting to think it was worth it. My only problem now is that I have more access to ships than I have active slots.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac

Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User

Romulans got -

Exactly. I'll admit that the lack of Romulan ships with each ship release is a bummer but given how much easier admiralty is now, I'm almost starting to think it was worth it. My only problem now is that I have more access to ships than I have active slots.

Do note that you don't need to keep the ships for them to still be in Admiralty. For reclaimable ships, such as C-Store and ground-for Event ships (I.E. not from Phoenix), that you don't don't intend to fly, just Dismiss them after they register for Admiralty (a little picture should come up above the chat window on PC. Opening up the Duty Officer window and closing before Dismissing is a good way to be sure). I have ~70 ships as Admiralty ship cards, but only 16 or so Active ship slots and I think 20 Dry Dock (with most of Dry Dock empty).
    tom61sto wrote: »

Romulans got -

Do note that you don't need to keep the ships for them to still be in Admiralty. For reclaimable ships, such as C-Store and ground-for Event ships (I.E. not from Phoenix), that you don't don't intend to fly, just Dismiss them after they register for Admiralty (a little picture should come up above the chat window on PC. Opening up the Duty Officer window and closing before Dismissing is a good way to be sure). I have ~70 ships as Admiralty ship cards, but only 16 or so Active ship slots and I think 20 Dry Dock (with most of Dry Dock empty).

Thought that might be the case but too afraid to try it. Thanks for the info. :)
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    ...and feds got Honored Dead for 1 mil EC instead of 350-650 on KFD. Plus too many unique characters (Temp and Disco). There are many unfair things, that does not mean we should not start balancing them somewhere. While that, I'd give Feds dil for prisoners.

And Romulans get the Dynamic Power Redistributor.. the best console in the game for the same hefty discount. It goes both ways. Plus, the Honored Dead scenario doesn't even apply to Rom-Feds, only to KDF.

Can you possibly elaborate on this one? How would it make sense for a Federation Starship to have a Singulariy Core? How would that be explained?
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • viridian74#1359 viridian74 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    ... a bar or club or similar on New Romulus. Where you can buy Romulan food and drinks.
  • surghsurgh Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Romulans need a PROPER Temporal Sci ship
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    New ships.

I need a reman ship that's not the scimitar and runs 5 weapons forward. Would be an amazing idea to create a Reman Destroyer on that theme.
    What WOULD be nice (and possibly do-able) is some additional imagery over New Romulus proper. Maybe an orbiting station, defenses and, for pete's sake, shipyards. The information on some ships (like the research warbirds) hints that they were built by the Republic. Where are they? Imagery for at least some NPC ships and orbital defenses would make system space seem more active. I can't believe that after the Iconian attack on New Romulus that the Republic would have nothing in orbit except for the few ships that stop in. There is a Falchion assigned to the Dyson sphere but there is nothing over NR? Makes little sense to me, especially after all this time. My two ec.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac

• borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    @seaofsorrows other species like in other species that use Sing cores, not Warp cores.
  • sgtken60sgtken60 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    What WOULD be nice (and possibly do-able) is some additional imagery over New Romulus proper. Maybe an orbiting station, defenses and, for pete's sake, shipyards. The information on some ships (like the research warbirds) hints that they were built by the Republic. Where are they? Imagery for at least some NPC ships and orbital defenses would make system space seem more active. I can't believe that after the Iconian attack on New Romulus that the Republic would have nothing in orbit except for the few ships that stop in. There is a Falchion assigned to the Dyson sphere but there is nothing over NR? Makes little sense to me, especially after all this time. My two ec.

I have to agree, the space around New Romulus needs something to make look more like the Capital of the Romulan Republic.
    arionisa wrote: »
    Thank you for making me smile today. Much appreciated as I fight off this headcold. However, I feel the need to respond in the format the OP presented in. so.

... to remember they can have FIVE SRO BOffs to use at the same time when the other factions can only have TWO.
    ... to remember they can cloak without using a console space.
    ... to remember ALL Romulan ships can cloak. And, it is the good one, too.
    ... to remember the end game is still complete domination of the Beta Quadrant. This 'Republic' thing is just a side hustle.

Oh I hope not; LoL

I like the whole idea of the Romulan Republic, and the fact you can pick which faction to "ally" with. BUT saying I would like to see the Romulan Star Empire as its own faction.

That or a Pirate Faction.
    Post edited by sgtken60 on
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    That's because the New Romulus map is still stuck in the time period of the very beginning when the Romulan Republic was just a scruffy rebel alliance and the place is just a shanty town.

Actually, it might actually still be that shanty town. I mean, it's not like the Romulans are actually BUILDING. They follow the Cryptic work model where they only pretend to work when someone yells at them, the rest of the time they immediately start slacking and lollygagging when they think no one important will yell at them.

Well that explains THAT years-old mission in the staging area. ;) Yeah, I know and I can understand why its that way from a gameplay perspective (new players coming in to help build vice the vets who've helped build it), but still it would be nice if both New Romulus (and Qo'noS first city) got a bit of a makeover.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac

• kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    it would be nice if both New Romulus (and Qo'noS first city) got a bit of a makeover.
    put developer time into non-UFP stuff?!!? dahell kinda heresy is this!!!??! The gecko will never allow that!
    it would be nice if both New Romulus (and Qo'noS first city) got a bit of a makeover.
    put developer time into non-UFP stuff?!!? dahell kinda heresy is this!!!??! The gecko will never allow that!

Yeah. I know. :'(
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac

• viridian74#1359 viridian74 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    We can dream, though. It would be nice to have sth in orbit - as opposed to nothing. Of course, it could all be cloaked, you know ;)

Personally, I think there should be something more behind the closed doors in the Command building, perhaps an eatery that serves soup with noodles, like the one in TNG "Unification". The only place I can get Romulan food is from drops or at the DS9 replimat. (thank you, Quark!)

Or how about something specifically Reman on New Romulus, perhaps a memorial to all those who died in the dilithium mines? Or some kind of Romulan-Reman friendship thing?

I wouldn't mind a different colour scheme on the one and only warbird bridge, either. Something that looks more like the colours in TNG "Face of the Enemy", and perhaps with some art objects scattered around the ship's living quarters. Or a place to display trophies - perhaps in the huge mess hall?

In the meantime, let's see when we get the holographic eagle back in the rotunda.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User

'The Vault' is the shipyard of the Republic currently, from what I gather. As for Iconian war defenses, being spread far and wide while keeping your signature as low as possible is far more effective than fixed defenses with an enemy that can appear anywhere at any time. Also, being spread out is a good defense against another Hobus type incident.
    tom61sto wrote: »

'The Vault' is the shipyard of the Republic currently, from what I gather. As for Iconian war defenses, being spread far and wide while keeping your signature as low as possible is far more effective than fixed defenses with an enemy that can appear anywhere at any time. Also, being spread out is a good defense against another Hobus type incident.

But if you're spread far and wide you might not have any assets in position to counter or reinforce said attack out of nowhere. At least as series of defense satellites will give some time to re-position mobile assets to counter or reinforce any defenders in case of an attack. Fixed defenses wouldn't stop a foe like the Iconians but it may serve to slow them down. Plus, the Iconians aren't the only baddies, There are the Elachi as well. The presence of fixed as well as mobile could add an additional layer of deterrent/protection imho.

WRT the Vault being the Republic's shipyard - I could see that. Makes sense and is certainly big enough to crank out a bunch of ships.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac

• kaorudraculakaorudracula Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    one: it would be nice to have Romulan bridge packs .....their is only one bridge for normal warbird's their is one for Dyson sci destroyers and dreadnoughts(T6 shares the same bridge as the T5 ) however that same old warbird bridge is like getting old it would be nice to have Newer bridges for romulan captains.

two: a new starting mission would be nice for new Rom characters.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    ...to be a full faction.

No doubt.

And on a personal peeve note, it would be nice to get rid of or greatly the power penalty for the singularity cores now or simply come out with 'Core II' tech or something along those lines. Just sayin'...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè