test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Keypress Problem

I've been having this problem the last couple weeks where all my key presses and mouse clicks seem to send like 3-4 of them instantly instead of just a single click or key press. It's most noticeable when I tap my up arrow and my highlighted thing goes up 3 or 4 spaces instead of just one, or when I click to set a new keybinding, it just flickers the new keybinding window to the point where I cannot set a new keybind. Any ideas on this? It is only happening within STO. All other applications and general use of the keyboard and mouse do not have this problem.

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I am going to take a wild guess: "Mouse Sensitivity" setting in options?????? But I do not know why that would mess with a keyboard. And why it messes with STO but not other things. So, that is just going to have to be wrong.

Looking in STO Options, now....

How about "Controllers" you are not using a Joystick or XBox Gamepad are you? Make sure that is off...it may be seeing your keystrokes as commands from a joystick or gamepad??????
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    xshdwbladex023xshdwbladex023 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have one connected but I don't use it, i'll try disconnecting it to see if maybe that helps.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I have one connected but I don't use it, i'll try disconnecting it to see if maybe that helps.

Double check in STO Options to make sure those are set to be OFF and somehow did not get turned on in the program itself.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin