test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror of Discovery: Para Pecum!

2»

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They should have a most evil villain who constantly uses the wrong pronouns. That would be insidious. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Hey let's help these people we KNOW are evil for no reason whatsoever...yeah that sounds like a great idea.
    They asked for asylum. We can't just shoot them without first actually trying to work with their request.
    No, but we can tell them they're under custody and refuse to restore main power until they're proven trustworthy, especially when they're proven to be very trigger-torture-&-murder-happy.

Not everything is either "be a carebear" or "KILL, KILL, KILL!", you can be compassionate without being stupid.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @saurializard said:
    > somtaawkhar wrote: »
    >
    > coldnapalm wrote: »
    >
    > Hey let's help these people we KNOW are evil for no reason whatsoever...yeah that sounds like a great idea.
    >
    >
    >
    > They asked for asylum. We can't just shoot them without first actually trying to work with their request.
    >
    >
    >
    > No, but we can tell them they're under custody and refuse to restore main power until they're proven trustworthy, especially when they're proven to be very trigger-torture-&-murder-happy.
    >
    > Not everything is either "be a carebear" or "KILL, KILL, KILL!", you can be compassionate without being stupid.

And besides people from the mirror universe can be relatively “nice” look at Spock or O’Brien both wanted to reform the Terran ways.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    It seems that a part of the issue when teaming the mission, is that the cutscene covers the transfer map button, which times out before the cutscene ends.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    "They asked for asylum. We can't just shoot them without first actually trying to work with their request.

Because, unless you reductio ad absurdum the Klingons and Romulans into stereotypical caricatures, not all Klingons or Romulans agree with genociding planets. Not to mention we are all part of the Alpha Quadrant Alliance, and thus, share all the same rules. As well as the fact that the Pahvans don't deserve to be destroyed alongside Killy.

In short, the idea that we should just mindlessly shoot everything without thought, care, or consideration, to the consequences isn't good writing, and us NOT doing that in these mission isn't bad writing.[/quote]"

And who dictates the rules of the Grand Alliance? Who lays down the standard regarding "asylum?" The Federation's standard? The Klingon Empire's? Romulan Republic's? Do those who serve the KDF now take their orders from Starfleet personnel? And what happens down the line when yet another occurrence of Prime Directive rears its head?

We are well within rights to shoot them. We can certainly "just shoot them." It should be our choice, as first responders, to decide how to process their request, and then file the report. Or we can board the ship, load them into agony chambers, or clasp them in irons, and scuttle the I.S.S. Discovery. We can even beam select personnel aboard, into the welcome of an armed and ready security team with weapons hot, from off the I.S.S. Discovery, and let the EssTeeDee Klingons blow up that ship, while we take prisoners to wherever. No, this is idiot ball handling and hamstringing all over again, just like with Delta Rising, just like the Iconian War, The Temporal Cold War, the ViL shenanigans. Led by the nose, and railroaded into one path. No choices, no options.

As we, with our ships and tech held advantage, we could haggle terms into our favor, or let them deal with the EssTeeDee Klingons. Instead, this mission sacrificed all that advantage. And instead, we're doing the ignoramus Catch and Release program.

I have a feeling that like Admiral Leeta, the Borg, and T'ket, Captain Tilly is headed for rapid villain decay as well. Same with that EssTeeDee Klingon who escaped into the 25th century and has gone into hiding.

Stupid edit monster striking me! SHOO!
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Will someone please tell me how this mission's title is supposed to be spelled, and what it means?
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    group play bug... timer for going to bridge counts down while cut scene is playing. if your going to watch the cut scene... timer goes down to zero and no one gets ported to bridge... no option to go afterwards.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    The mission has bugged out on me twice now while playing the mission in a team. After the Tilly cutscene plays on the bridge, it doesn't trigger the objective, "Speak with Captain Tilly" as complete.

your playing in a group arent ya? happened to me as well. work around: skip cut scene. that will give you the option to accept the tp to the bridge for you. your group mates must do the same... otherwise. lol no soup for em. well they can just kick back and relax as you do all the work.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I found it a bit much that "Killy" didn't just travel to the Prime Universe, but also happened to travel forward in time alongside a huge armada of Prime Discovery era Klingon ships.

Cosmological anomalies really aren't.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Will someone please tell me how this mission's title is supposed to be spelled, and what it means?

Para Pacem means To Peace (in latin)
  • anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Level Scaling for endgame characters still broken; direct consequence of that is a Lv 65 char w/a T5, T5U or even a T6 ship with gear averaging Mk XI Blue, takes 3x to 5x as long to complete on my Lvls 30-40 characters (which is about 30 min, fyi).
    When more than half the time is Dying & Waiting to Respawn, is not a fun experience.

When my lower-level chars do it, I am able to have more fun, despite the forced idiot ball writers' flat.
    It would be nice, if from time to time, our character would actually demonstrate having learned from a similar situation/ploy from their past, and get the upper hand to the villains' surprise, and have the upper hand again, at least for a little while.
    And when the 'ball' is back in the villains' corner, it was because the villain actually had to work at getting the advantage back or came up with something truly clever, instead of our character having a Stupid moment and just hands over the advantage with a dopey smile.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]