test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Terran Uniform Inaccuracies

richyrich1991richyrich1991 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
After rewatching the Terran arc in season 1 of DSC I've noticed a few inaccuracies with the STO version.

The smaller gold chest plate in the game is the commander's uniform but in the show all but one of the captains wear it, and the only commander we do see (Detmer) is wearing a chest plate we never actually got.

Also the crew uniform has the arm guards too but on both arms, we can only add them to the right one.

Not exactly complaining as they're still by far my favorite uniforms in the game but it's weird that they got this stuff wrong when they're working with CBS's people on this expansion.

iGSFbsB.png
"As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives.
This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Victory is Life!"
njflWNG.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• richyrich1991richyrich1991 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    My complaint is more along the lines of them not even vaguely suggesting they might end up looking like they did in "Mirror, Mirror."
    But then, that's me.

These look way better than the Mirror Mirror ones anyway lol, If I was the new Emperor after Georgiou I wouldn't have changed them from armor to soft fabric, was a bad move for the Empire.
    njflWNG.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Or maybe it's only Kirk who wants his crew to look like strippers and pirates and the rest of the Empire still wears armour.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    @warmaker001b showed well in another thread that the Discovery Terran outfit box is bit incomplete.

Detmer had a dress, the guards have shoulder elements. Both are missing.

Think on the emperor’s ship even more variations were shown.

Much like with Leetas box back then I could imagine a second one to be added.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    It is also slightly annoying (although I get why it's the case) when my character in his Terran command uniform has himself beamed up to the ship by tapping the left side of his chest where there's absolutely nothing to actually tap except his jacket.
    steaen wrote: »
    It is also slightly annoying (although I get why it's the case) when my character in his Terran command uniform has himself beamed up to the ship by tapping the left side of his chest where there's absolutely nothing to actually tap except his jacket.

Yeah that sometimes gets me too lol, though it could be an interesting c-store thing to buy the beaming up & warp animations of other factions 🤔
    njflWNG.jpg
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Detmer is actually wearing a dress uniform :O

49875a16faf3f536bdc8e76ef51ed3a0-1.jpg
    84nvqhcvz9qa-1.jpg

The one outfit piece I do want for these uniforms is the arm armour for both arms :) Like the gold trimmed ones the Emperor's guard wore.

dsc-112-clarifies-kelpiens-1.jpg
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited February 2019
    I wouldn't mind seeing the arm guard for both sides, the skirt, and Detmer's armor top added. But I'll settle for the arm guards for both sides.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    thay8472 wrote: »

84nvqhcvz9qa-1.jpg

The one outfit piece I do want for these uniforms is the arm armour for both arms :) Like the gold trimmed ones the Emperor's guard wore.

I never noticed she had a dress variant lol, and yeah the royal guard versions would be cool too.

I hope "peterconnorfirst" is right and we get a second set like they did with the 25th Century version, as I would like these extra pieces.
    njflWNG.jpg
  • darthoricidarthorici Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    if you watch the eps you will see normal terran empire security are wearing two arm guards. wile others had left arm guards and others had right arm guards. there the missions videos and missions uniforms. captain killy and her crew are wearing dark blue almost disco.. blur uniforms. the Terran Empire were black. were is the tactical gear uniform? were is the emperor giogia philippa outfit(we asked for)? were is gabeial lorca's mirror outfit? and last why do when not have ellen landry mirror outfit?
    i have made Detmer like out fit using the skirt of starfleet academy and the tos boot that goes to the knee. but its hard to match the colors.

84nvqhcvz9qa-1.jpg

I never noticed she had a dress variant lol, and yeah the royal guard versions would be cool too.

I hope "peterconnorfirst" is right and we get a second set like they did with the 25th Century version, as I would like these extra pieces.

Oh I can only cross my fingers here but given what a big success this outfit box seems to be I think a win/win for cryptic and us can be concluded.

“Detmer” edition Terran Outfir Box (or just imagine the emperor outfit herself) would make hot buy indeed hu? B)
    animated.gif
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User

Neither did I until someone posted a picture of it in here a few weeks ago.

What do the bronze markings on Detwar's uniform mean? :O First Officer maybe?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!

Neither did I until someone posted a picture of it in here a few weeks ago.

What do the bronze markings on Detwar's uniform mean? :O First Officer maybe?

Well in the show both the armors of Tilly as well as Micheal are both supposed to be for captains. The game labels the one from Tilly to be captain and the other one to be commander.

Depending on whatever counts both commander or lt. commander seem realistic here, or? :)
    animated.gif
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    steaen wrote: »

Yeah that sometimes gets me too lol, though it could be an interesting c-store thing to buy the beaming up & warp animations of other factions 🤔

It's actually a long standing bug/inaccuracity that DSC captains use the 24c-25c beam out animation instead of the correct 23c one.

As for 25c captains the beam out animation is hard coded into the characters so changing that would probably be too much effort for Cryptic to do it.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    artan42 wrote: »
    Or maybe it's only Kirk who wants his crew to look like strippers and pirates and the rest of the Empire still wears armour.​​

Except the problem is every other display of the Terran Empire is similar from Enterprise to TNG comics, it is only Discovery that changes Terrans to goths with a Mr T level gold fettish.

I mean look at the guns on mirror Picard!
    bd57b7ef27f3.png?rect=0%2C0%2C464%2C232&auto=format%2Ccompress&w=464

lianthelia wrote: »
    Or maybe it's only Kirk who wants his crew to look like strippers and pirates and the rest of the Empire still wears armour.

Except the problem is every other display of the Terran Empire is similar from Enterprise to TNG comics, it is only Discovery that changes Terrans to goths with a Mr T level gold fettish.

There are only two other iterations of the Terran Empire. ENT and TOS. Comics don' and have never counted. ENT litters the ENT uniforms with straps, buckels, and badges and TOS, again, strippers and pirates. DSC just covers the DSC uniforms with gilded armour. There's less gold on Detmer's outfit than Kirk's.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Or maybe it's only Kirk who wants his crew to look like strippers and pirates and the rest of the Empire still wears armour.

There are only two other iterations of the Terran Empire. ENT and TOS. Comics don' and have never counted. ENT litters the ENT uniforms with straps, buckels, and badges and TOS, again, strippers and pirates. DSC just covers the DSC uniforms with gilded armour. There's less gold on Detmer's outfit than Kirk's.​​

Perhaps...but once you get to captain it's like you're wearing gold plated body armor.

I'm just saying TOS and ENT both had more revealing uniforms...and STO goes with that as well...the 25th century terran uniforms have exposed midriffs for women and exposed arms for men.

I mean I don't hate the terran uniforms, personally I like them better than the prime Discovery uniforms...just they seem like the outlier as opposed to TOS or ENT.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    I love the DISCO Terran Empire Waaaaaay more they are actually Evil not goofy evil like we saw on Ent ...Hey guys we are EVVVILL look at our Evil goatees, and Look our women are strippers cause Strippers are evil....no that's dumb glad the went with The Space Rome look with a splash those who can't be named
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited February 2019
    (Offensive, discriminatory comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    animated.gif
    the comics fill in the gaps. what do i mean? dc comic showed us what the tos movie uniform looked like from star trek 2 t.w.o.k.
    idw star trek mirror tng uniforms would look like. if they had done tng mirror in the show.

Perhaps...but once you get to captain it's like you're wearing gold plated body armor.

I'm just saying TOS and ENT both had more revealing uniforms...and STO goes with that as well...the 25th century terran uniforms have exposed midriffs for women and exposed arms for men.

I mean I don't hate the terran uniforms, personally I like them better than the prime Discovery uniforms...just they seem like the outlier as opposed to TOS or ENT.

For once they seemed to get what an actual evil universe would be like. Wearing armour is a far better approach for a universe of stabbing for promotion than stripper cosplay of the Starfleet uniforms.
    darthorici wrote: »
    the comics fill in the gaps. what do i mean? dc comic showed us what the tos movie uniform looked like from star trek 2 t.w.o.k.
    idw star trek mirror tng uniforms would look like. if they had done tng mirror in the show.

No. They show what some comic artists extrapolate from TOS and draw stripper versions of various uniforms. It's lazy and diriative and thankfully not canon.

#TASforSTO

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    The only CANON Terran uniforms we know of are the Enterprise, Discovery, and TOS eras. The Terran Empire had already collapsed by the time of TNG, hence the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance being a dominant power in the Alpha Quadrant.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

For once they seemed to get what an actual evil universe would be like. Wearing armour is a far better approach for a universe of stabbing for promotion than stripper cosplay of the Starfleet uniforms.

No. They show what some comic artists extrapolate from TOS and draw stripper versions of various uniforms. It's lazy and diriative and thankfully not canon.

Everyone carries a dagger...if the gold is indeed armor just stab them in the kidney :p

There are only two other iterations of the Terran Empire. ENT and TOS. Comics don' and have never counted. ENT litters the ENT uniforms with straps, buckels, and badges and TOS, again, strippers and pirates. DSC just covers the DSC uniforms with gilded armour. There's less gold on Detmer's outfit than Kirk's.

Everyone carries a dagger...if the gold is indeed armor just stab them in the kidney :p

Which is bound to work... as long as the Terran in armour isn't moving.​​

#TASforSTO

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited February 2019

84nvqhcvz9qa-1.jpg

When I watched that episode, I too missed she was wearing a dress. The interior lighting was so dark in the Terran ships with only sunrays providing major lighting. It was when I was making this 2 weeks ago and looking at canon examples did I see the picture of Detmer wearing a skirt.
    XWOuu8G.gif?noredirect

I'm not keen about the idea of a second Disco Terran Uniform Pack when that stuff should have been in the original one to begin with. This stuff costs Lobi and is only a per character unlock.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited February 2019

There are only two other iterations of the Terran Empire. ENT and TOS. Comics don' and have never counted. ENT litters the ENT uniforms with straps, buckels, and badges and TOS, again, strippers and pirates. DSC just covers the DSC uniforms with gilded armour. There's less gold on Detmer's outfit than Kirk's.

Which is bound to work... as long as the Terran in armour isn't moving.​​

Worked for Prime!Burnham. :tongue: All that metal is positioned completely wrong to provide any meaningful body protection, it's just for decoration.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Guards with the Left Armguard are Mirror Terrans, and the ones on the right are Mirrors of the Mirror Terrans. The ones with Armguards on both sides are Mirror Terrans that were caught in a Transporter accident that passed through an Anomaly. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    starswordc wrote: »

Which is bound to work... as long as the Terran in armour isn't moving.

Worked for Prime!Burnham. :tongue: All that metal is positioned completely wrong to provide any meaningful body protection, it's just for decoration.

I don't know about anybody else but I personally keep me heart and lungs in my upper chest which is where the armour is. Sure some of the armour only covers half the chest but it's still better than a top that only goes up to the bottom of your chest.​​

#TASforSTO

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »

Which is bound to work... as long as the Terran in armour isn't moving.

I don't know about anybody else but I personally keep me heart and lungs in my upper chest which is where the armour is. Sure some of the armour only covers half the chest but it's still better than a top that only goes up to the bottom of your chest.​​
    Oh really? Let's compare human anatomy to the captain variant.
    10a9ecbd96ad6f5dcfbbf00eb9364988.gif49bfca3399c5cb598d03adb846048314.jpg

Protection for right lung: pretty good. Protection for heart and liver: minimal, and poor at fending off a strike from below. Protection for left lung, stomach, intestines, kidneys (can hit those with a good backstab), lower areas: nonexistent. There are, for example, major arteries in your upper arms and groin. Those get hit, you bleed out in under a minute.

And here's the real evidence for it just being decorative:
    tumblr_p2lxw02ygS1tql7pfo7_1280.jpg?w=605&ssl=1
    They put armor on over it.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
This discussion has been closed.