test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing when I attempt to load into foundry when its contacting the server for updates.

It continues to CTD when I do this, and I hope I didn't waste my 10k Dillithium for it.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Is nobody going to try helping? I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one suffering through this..
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Do you have on-demand patching enabled? (option in the launcher)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • I had it disabled when I did it, still crashed, enabled it and still crashed.
  • Apparently it says i'm missing patchxfer.log in the Crash Data. I have no idea how to get a hold of this file.
    Apparently it says i'm missing patchxfer.log in the Crash Data. I have no idea how to get a hold of this file.

Force verify. If that doesn't work, reinstall the game (sometimes it's your only recourse.)
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • I've tried both, nothing seems to be working and its making me worried, I wasted 10k Dil I could've used towards Fleet Gear.
  • Which is something I really don't want to be the case, I love the thought of making missions for STO
    edited September 2018
    Still error with patchxfer.log?

Because this isn't a common issue you're probably going to be left with troubleshooting your connection (maybe something's off when trying to connect to the Foundry server) or your hardware. Posting your hardware specifications might help a dev try to look at this. You might also want to have a look in advanced settings (while in STO), make sure that's all set to default just to eliminate some possibilities (ie. odd combination of settings causing a crash with this part of STO.)

Another thing you can try: install Neverwinter and start up it's Foundry (doesn't cost anything.) If there's the same problem that might be informative.
  • Yeah, I'm still not with Patchxfer.log, but i'm not sure if I am allowed to get a refund for a loss of dilithium because of this, and Supports not being much help, saying that they don't handle issues related to foundry.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    I doubt this is something that's permanent, we just have to figure out what's causing the issue. So I would say it's not yet time to give up hope on getting this problem solved.
  • Certainly starting to look that way.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    Certainly starting to look that way.

Try manually running STO as Administrator on your PC OS; and see what happens when you try to load in to the Foundry.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Running as administrator doesnt seem to do much.
  • It still crashes, when its contacting the server.
  • oshadowwarrioro#9103 oshadowwarrioro Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Status update 5 Months later: I still cannot access foundry to edit missions/create them, as it still CTD's. This issue has not been fixed yet, which is rather annoying as I quite literally just want to make missions.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    What ever the issue is, it isn't universal since apart from the wierd connection issues Cryptic is having atm, I've been able to just the editor just fine. So the best recourse atm is figure out why I can use it and you can't so that should track down the problem you're having.
This discussion has been closed.