test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SPECTERS, BREEN INVASION and LOST DOMINION Story Arcs Missing on Level 65 Characters

Comments

• renata666renata666 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    My AoD Fed level 65 character STILL cannot see the "Spectres" missions. This was as of yesterday. Waiting to see if it changes after the emergency maintenance today.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    We can only wait to see if they decided to combine the usual weekly maintenance patch with today's emergency down time.

Today's emergency down time was because a lot of players were having problems accessing the servers. I was seeing posts about it start last night before I turned off the computer... I guess it got worse as the day progressed.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    where is the option to skip missions for these? I hit up lost dominion to open it up... you see 2nd wave or whatever the 1st mission is... you see the hail button on the screen/window... but no skip? I just want to get to the prison so I can get my purple doff.
    edited February 2019
    tigeraries wrote: »
    where is the option to skip missions for these? I hit up lost dominion to open it up... you see 2nd wave or whatever the 1st mission is... you see the hail button on the screen/window... but no skip? I just want to get to the prison so I can get my purple doff.

Just click on which ever one you want to do.... they have them in alphabetical order in the "Available" listing under the header of the main story, not in order of completion...they shouldn't be showing up in Episodes at all, any more.

(BTW....the Episodes listing is where they have all that "hail" "skip" "replay" stuff..."Available" is whatever there is that can be done at the mo',)

P.S. They are still trying to get the "Episodes" listing to allow all players to play any mission without being blocked. But they had to add more details so they reverted it. It seemed the new players were getting hails for ALL the missions once they got their Faction Mission Giver opened up.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »

Just click on which ever one you want to do.... they have them in alphabetical order in the "Available" listing under the header of the main story, not in order of completion...they shouldn't be showing up in Episodes at all, any more.

(BTW....the Episodes listing is where they have all that "hail" "skip" "replay" stuff..."Available" is whatever there is that can be done at the mo',)

P.S. They are still trying to get the "Episodes" listing to allow all players to play any mission without being blocked. But they had to add more details so they reverted it. It seemed the new players were getting hails for ALL the missions once they got their Faction Mission Giver opened up.

it's not there... only 1 mission listed under that female cpt npc... dont see of bajor or operation gamma... dont see any of it... only the very 1st possible mission to do the diplomatic conference at DS9. my other toons who has done this arc before they revamped the mission structure still sees all possible missions. this problem is also effecting other missions like the wasteland for nimbus 3... only seeing the 1st mission with no options to skip to fist full of gorn. or the Spectres/Dividian Arc etc...
    edited February 2019
    it's not there... only 1 mission listed under that female cpt npc... dont see of bajor or operation gamma... dont see any of it... only the very 1st possible mission to do the diplomatic conference at DS9. my other toons who has done this arc before they revamped the mission structure still sees all possible missions. this problem is also effecting other missions like the wasteland for nimbus 3... only seeing the 1st mission with no options to skip to fist full of gorn. or the Spectres/Dividian Arc etc...

Yup...as far as Specters/Breen/Lost Dominion...depends on your faction if something shows up.
    Federation characters were having the most problems with those.

Those three "story arcs" got removed from "Episodes" and moved to "Available" with the revamp that came in with Age of Discovery and, then locked to Level 65 in 1 November 2018 patch. Which did not fix it.

They did another patch to "fix" mission journal stuff on 10 January 2019...that did not fix these three "story arcs", either. Then they had to take everything from that patch out because of the issue I mentioned before with new players and auto hail on missions.

Then I got bored of waiting so....I have not looked on any patch since. LOL!

+++++++++++++++++++

Now, Nimbus/Wasteland stuff is a different problem all together. That got fixed, though.

I would say DO the first mission...that should be a introductory mission where you talk to Horace Jones...
    and see if you get the rest of them "unlock" and show up for you.

Although, a new character may still have to do a first time play through.

OK, verified Nimbus/Wastelane was noted as fixed...so I was remembering correctly.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1245792/unable-to-play-wasteland-nimbus-iii-missions-fixed

And I can not check anything tonight....I can not sign into STO right now.

It's funny you mention that. I had no trouble logging into STO until AFTER the emergency maintenance.
    We can only wait to see if they decided to combine the usual weekly maintenance patch with today's emergency down time.

Today's emergency down time was because a lot of players were having problems accessing the servers. I was seeing posts about it start last night before I turned off the computer... I guess it got worse as the day progressed.

• rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    renata666 wrote: »
    It's funny you mention that. I had no trouble logging into STO until AFTER the emergency maintenance.

Same here.
    Maybe this will help troubleshooting... SNR appeared on Argala and since then can't authenticate so can't relog.

BTW if any of you know the official post for that authentication issue, please tell me as since I didn't know I posted in quite a lot of topics which seemed to be related.

An answer here to where21 to not spam the topic more:
    Thanks :) it was already merged (with accidental double posting of me which I asked to delete), BTW, problem was solved for me late yesterday after many tries, two restart, and one successful force verify - unsure which one did it (proxy change didn't made a change at least on start/AFAIK) -I added the updated info there too by edit.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
    LOL!

Well....not going to try to figure out what is going on with the Server connecting, or rather, not connecting...on this thread. The rumor is: it is effecting a lot of games by PWE, not just STO.

But there is like 2-3 other threads in Bug Reports about it, I think...plus a couple on General Discussion. You could try troubleshooting with those guys.

I am off to do my e-mails. :)

edited February 2019
    My AoD Fed level 65 character STILL cannot see the "Spectres" missions. This was as of yesterday. Waiting to see if it changes after the emergency maintenance today.

Did you check to see if Any of the other missions were showing up listed under whomever is the mission giver? I think on the Fed side it is under Franklin ("my Klingon is gonna punch him in the nose one day") Drake. Look for any of these:

“Spectres” • “Skirmish” • “Spin the Wheel” • “What Lies Beneath” • “Everything Old is New” • “Night of the Comet”

++++++++++++++

I was looking for a freebie transwarp to DS9 on my Ferengi today....for Omega Dailies.
    I noticed my Ferengi has "Lost Dominion" prompt under that Quinn guy. Hey, cool, right....I might be able to get those missions unlocked while I am on DS9 doing Omega.

I queue up "Lost Dominion" intro mission...it tells me go to DS9. I get to DS9. Then it cleared off of my mission journal. It was like: OK....what the heck happened? LOL!

I went and looked for Omegas....because I don't have much time in the mornings and the cat was howling incessantly.
    I will have to hunt to see where the mission prompts went later...or if they show up. Because they are not in the mission list.

“Lost Dominion” • “Second Wave” • “Of Bajor” • “Operation Gamma” • “Facility 4028” • “Boldly They Rode”

edited February 2019
    I am downloading Tribble today to see if anything is changing over there. Nothing is listed so....

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On Romulan (KDF Level 65)....I see "Cold War" and "Lost Dominion" intro missions. I see Replays for "Lost Dominion" missions she completed...nothing for the ones she did not complete. Hmmm....
    No intro mission for "Specters"....but all the Replays for it are listed individually under the header "Specters Mission Replay".

On Ferengi (Federation Level 65)....I see the introductory missions for "Lost Dominion" and "Specters" but no "Cold War".
    Along with the Introductory mission for "Specters"....I see the Replays for individual missions under "Franklin Drake". Strange, not under a separate header "Specters Mission Replay".

There doesn't see to be any uniformity in the Available tab between factions, yet. Or not sure if they are even trying to be consistent in the Available tab.

I am going to call this as not being completed, yet. Will wait to check another time.
    Post edited by where2r1 on

Did you check to see if Any of the other missions were showing up listed under whomever is the mission giver? I think on the Fed side it is under Franklin ("my Klingon is gonna punch him in the nose one day") Drake. Look for any of these:

“Spectres” • “Skirmish” • “Spin the Wheel” • “What Lies Beneath” • “Everything Old is New” • “Night of the Comet”

++++++++++++++

I was looking for a freebie transwarp to DS9 on my Ferengi today....for Omega Dailies.
    I noticed my Ferengi has "Lost Dominion" prompt under that Quinn guy. Hey, cool, right....I might be able to get those missions unlocked while I am on DS9 doing Omega.

I queue up "Lost Dominion" intro mission...it tells me go to DS9. I get to DS9. Then it cleared off of my mission journal. It was like: OK....what the heck happened? LOL!

I went and looked for Omegas....because I don't have much time in the mornings and the cat was howling incessantly.
    I will have to hunt to see where the mission prompts went later...or if they show up. Because they are not in the mission list.

“Lost Dominion” • “Second Wave” • “Of Bajor” • “Operation Gamma” • “Facility 4028” • “Boldly They Rode”

Lost Dominion is the opening wrapper quest... you get to DS9 and mission autoclears.

You can now do 2nd wave... either npc autohails you and tells ya about it... or you need to search thru available missions to find npc to start mission. for my JHD, no options to pass/skip mission to next one.

none of these missions that have been moved can be skipped for my JHD who of course has never done any of these missions before. Once they play thru it... they show up at the top of the available list for replay.

of my other toons who have done these missions, they are all listed for replay at the top of the available list.
    And there you are....while I was asking in that other thread.
    Thanks @tigeraries THAT stuff I did today was on Tribble.

So, looks like we still have to wait for the final product to show up.

On that character, absolutely nothing shows up under Drake's name. So far, he is the only affected.

++++++++++++++

Meanwhile: I am still chasing Omega Particles and doing laundry. Sorry, I been such a slacker on this.

So, are they EVER going to fix this????
    edited February 2019

Yes. They are working on removing the blocks on the missions so we can play them in any order.
    So, you can follow the Episodes list...or hop around to your favorites, if you want. Or to get to a set.

But there are more hoops to jump through than expected...especially after the last try, they figured out they have to change the way Mission giver prompts work.

The new players would end up with ALL the missions popping up at the same time. For example: they unlocked the missions from Quinn, they got, like 10-15 mission prompts from everything Quinn gives out...etc.

So, we just have to remain patient.

probably not... since it's not "broken"

this is the new reality.

you need to be L65 to do these... for new toons... none of the missions can be skipped.

you need to personally start up the starter mission. once you get to the npc/location it autoclears and you then get autohailed or you need to search out the mission. once you finish, you do the next one etc etc.

it all works... it's just a pain due to the level restrictions and that you can not skip to the mission you want.
    edited February 2019
    this is the new reality.

It is the reality, for now. They are working to remove all the level requirement stuff and restrictions so we can play missions the way we want.

Just not there, yet.

I am just waiting dying to see the next version. Then we can give them our criticisms and concerns, hopefully in a constructive way.....because, yeah, getting painful and impatient to see it.
    Post edited by where2r1 on

Well, nothing about the Missions on the patch notes for 21 February 2019.

Well, it IS Broken, if the missions don't even show up for some L65 toons.

probably not... since it's not "broken"

this is the new reality.

you need to be L65 to do these... for new toons... none of the missions can be skipped.

you need to personally start up the starter mission. once you get to the npc/location it autoclears and you then get autohailed or you need to search out the mission. once you finish, you do the next one etc etc.

it all works... it's just a pain due to the level restrictions and that you can not skip to the mission you want.

• whycrypticwhycryptic Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    This issue needs some attention. It's blocked some progression for delta recruits who didn't get these done before they were removed from the story progression.

Honestly, I don't see why these missions were moved like this in the first place. Many of them have an impact on missions that are still there, at least as far as the story goes. This change makes no sense to me.
    Well...I just leveled up a Romulan-KDF, a Discovery Federation, and a regular Federation character on Tribble.

Discovery Federation and Romulan-KDF both look fine.
    Regular Federation is missing Cold War, still..... This is on Tribble.
    Which is the same thing I see on my Level 65 Ferengi on Holodeck.

So, nothing news worthy over on the test server, either. Sorry...the wait continues.

edited April 2019
    NOTE the update on TRIBBLE Server : 9 April 2019.

Sounds a bit wonky but makes sense.

You have to play ONE character on your Account to Level 65 (in other words: learn to play, first).
    Then the program should unlock all the missions for the other characters.
    Content:
    Mission journal update:
    If you have at least one level 65 character, all of your other characters should now be able to start any mission group they want - you can start the first mission in any section of the journal.
    This applies to 23c, Century Fed captains after they reach the 25th c. and to Jem'Hadar and Romulan captains after they choose an allegiance.
    25 c. Federation and Klingon captains gain this update immediately after the tutorial.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1248240/tribble-maintenance-and-release-notes-04-09-19

And it is taking FOREVER to download the patch for Tribble right now....so I am walking away from the computer and do something else....so the darn thing can load for me.

Let me try to tag everyone in here so you get a heads up.....they made changes to the Mission Journal (and hopefully, fixes the Available Tab)... IN TRIBBLE.

KEEP YOUR EYES ON PATCH NOTES FOR HOLODECK
    This stuff does not stay not Tribble for long....it may be coming in hot....

@rdellaripa23 @renata666 @rndflactuation @zkyleach @zerokillcf2011 @procynia @aoav160 @tigeraries

@veruvas1 (not sure when this is coming to XBox1)

edited April 2019
    NOTE: THIS IS INFO ABOUT WHAT I SAW ON TRIBBLE SERVERS!!!!

Here is my post from the Tribble Patch Notes of 9 April 2019.....
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1248240/tribble-maintenance-and-release-notes-04-09-19

SUMMARY: All tabs on Mission Journal is unlocked for all characters; provided you already have a character that is Level 65 (at least, that is "the deal"...I had a Level 12 character change to Level 65 when I first signed on Tribble).

No changes to the AVAILABLE TAB listing. So, missions you were missing previously, will still be missing on your characters after the patch hits Holodeck today 11 April 2019.

You will still have to get your low level characters to Level 65 in order to see Specters, Breen Invasion/Cold War, or Lost Dominion.

Nimbus/Wasteland is missing on some Factions...even though I have characters in other Factions with it unlocked at Level 12.

NOTE: THIS IS INFO ABOUT THE STUFF I SAW ON TRIBBLE SERVERS!!!
    MISSION JOURNAL: All tabs are unlocked and missions ready to play, with Skip/Hail/Replay buttons ready.

+++++++++++++++++++

IN AVAILABLE TAB: Breen Cold War and Nimbus Wasteland are missing on Starfleet and some Federation Aligned characters.

"Cold War"/"Breen Invasion" missing from AVAILABLE TAB..... on Level 65 TOS/Fed, Jem'Hadar/Fed.

NIMBUS Wasteland missing from AVAILABLE TAB... on Starfleet, Jem'Hadar/Fed.
    KDF side it is listed under K'men, even on the Level 12 character.
    Discovery Fed Level 12 has it listed under Drake.

Can not tell for my TOS/Fed (already played it, is in Replay list). Do not have a FED/Romulan to check.
    Did not copy over a Level 65 Starfleet character.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Klingon.....D'Vyra Lt. Cmdr (12) Delta Recruit
    MISSION JOURNAL......All mission tabs are unlocked and ready to play.
    AVAILABLE TAB......No Specters, Lost Dominion, Cold War....not level 65. Nimbus in list under K'men.

Romulan KDF......D'vara Centurion (12) Delta Recruit
    AVAILABLE TAB......No Specters, Lost Dominion, Cold War....not level 65. Nimbus is in Mission Journal.

Starfleet......D'yra Lt. Cmdr (14) Delta Recruit
    AVAILABLE TAB......No Specters, Lost Dominion, Cold War....not level 65. Nimbus....Missing

Discovery Fed......Kagome Lt. Cmdr (12)
    MISSION JOURNAL.....All mission tabs are unlocked and ready to play.
    AVAILABLE TAB......No Specters, Lost Dominion, Cold War....not level 65. Nimbus in list under Drake.

TOS Fed......T'Lyli Fleet Admiral (65)
    MISSION JOURNAL.....All mission tabs are unlocked.
    AVAILABLE TAB.....Specters, Lost Dominion, Nimbus listed under Replay title. No Cold War.

Jem'Hadar Fed.....Ginny Honored First (65)
    MISSION JOURNAL.....All mission tabs are unlocked.
    AVAILABLE TAB......Specters, Lost Dominion listed under Quinn. Cold War and Nimbus.....Missing

Jem'Hadar KDF.....Queen of Hearts Honored First (65)
    MISSION JOURNAL......All mission tabs are unlocked.
    AVAILABLE TAB......Specters, Lost Dominion, Cold War in list under J'mpok. Nimbus in list under K'men.

Apparently we have to wait until October. "PC Patch Notes for 10/11/19" :smiley:
    Apparently we have to wait until October. "PC Patch Notes for 10/11/19" :smiley:

LOL! IKR?? :wink: