test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ship gear randomly being reassigned.

colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 2,200 Arc User
Has anyone else had this problem?

I'll enter a DSE or something, and find my ship isn't equipped properly. Usually, the gear from my shuttle gets put on my main ship, and the main ship's gear is dumped to the inventory. Occasionally, it will transfer gear from one of my other ships to my main ship... again, all apparently at random.

Is this a known bug? If so, I'll report it in the appropriate forum. I just wanted to ask about it first.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

This game needs detailed crafting, exploration and interaction systems.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Yea... I've encountered this a few times myself.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Same here. I've had to go back and re-save my gear into the loadout I assigned it. It doesn't seem to happen as often when I switch ships on the ground (ESD, NRC, Droz, etc.) but has happened more than a few times to me in space.
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    Its been like this as long as I can remember, they have long since given up trying to fix it.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Make sure you have two Loadouts saved (they can be identical). I'm not sure why this helps, but it seems to greatly reduce this happening, at least in the past.

Also, newer issue fix, is make sure none of your main ship gear has an greyed out icon on your shuttle, as it seems to randomly grab that gear from where ever it's located. I kinda just fill all the shuttle's slots with random stuff and it seems to help. It was really liking to grab my Deflector (I kinda need that) from my main ship when zoning, but stopped once I filled that slot with another Deflector.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Today I logged in and noticed that two of my boffs had their active skills for ground reset to their starting skills. :/ They weren't missing anything, they just didn't have the right skills active.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Very very old issue. I found the best thing is to save a configuration in your factions starbase space. and before entering a mission or story related situation do a quick check to make sure everything is set. If not just load the save configuration.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    To be clear, I do have the configuration saved how I want it. The problem is that it keeps putting my gear in my already very nearly full inventory. I'm worried that something important might completely vanish at some point.

Try to set the item's protective status to "on". I dont think anything will vanish then and u are protected from accidents.

You could also try to save your setups as loadouts.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I haven't had problems with gear unequipping in quite some time but the other day when I went to add/replace a Starship Trait on my Discovery Character, four of the nine Personal Space Traits were empty and had become unequipped.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    I haven't had problems with gear unequipping in quite some time but the other day when I went to add/replace a Starship Trait on my Discovery Character, four of the nine Personal Space Traits were empty and had become unequipped.

Yeah, I've run into that one a few times.

And the game keeps adding Cruiser Commands and space emotes into empty spaces in my action trays.
    (edit: ooh, just occurred to me - I should try adding them myself to row 5 or 6, so that they're "assigned" just not in a visible row)
  • mspfuelermspfueler Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    For me, it's batteries. Aux, weapon, etc. Warp into a map and they move to my inventory. Move them back into the proper slot, warp out of the map and there they are in inventory again. Been happening for years.
    Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

• aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    It happened to me a lot since the last update. I have not had this particular issue since the Romulan X-pack.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Yes, I've noticed things getting switched around, might try some of the suggestions seen here. Perhaps the dual loadout saves will do the trick and different equipment on the shuttle.

Thanks for the tips.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    mspfueler wrote: »
    For me, it's batteries. Aux, weapon, etc. Warp into a map and they move to my inventory. Move them back into the proper slot, warp out of the map and there they are in inventory again. Been happening for years.

Consumable batteries need yet another trick, as it seems the Loadout system is confused by stacks of items. If you avoid filling to 20 by hitting Ctrl when dragging (PC, not sure how on XB1/PS4) and only fill it to 19 at most and don't take all the batteries in the inventory, it very rarely puts the stacks to inventory. Of course, save the Loadout in non-Sector space after you do this the first time. If you don't, the Loadout system thinks you swapped the item stacks instead of just topping off the stack on your ship. I only figured this out when multiple stacks of batteries ended up in my inventory, and I hit to load the Loadout and it grabbed the short stacks instead of the full stacks. Note: if you fill to 19, it will sometimes go ahead and top off to 20 on its own when you zone, which will not be considered a item stack move and be fine.
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Make sure you have two Loadouts saved (they can be identical). I'm not sure why this helps, but it seems to greatly reduce this happening, at least in the past.

I do exactly this every time I buy a new ship. I make the naming pretty simple, like if my ship is the Exterminator, I name it Extem 1 and Extem 2, or something similar.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    mspfueler wrote: »

After submitting a few tickets with this exact issue, I then assumed this was a feature and not a very good one at that.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • cylus566cylus566 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    no i just noticed that one or two of my consoles or weapons are suddenly taken offline missing from their slots when i know damn well i had it equipped.

I think this happens if you recently change ships and do not drag the item over, if you just click and run down the menu it is more likely to be taken offline out of it's slot for level 1 diagnostic by you're chief engineer marked as suspicious lol.
    cylus566 wrote: »
    no i just noticed that one or two of my consoles or weapons are suddenly taken offline missing from their slots when i know damn well i had it equipped.

I think this happens if you recently change ships and do not drag the item over, if you just click and run down the menu it is more likely to be taken offline out of it's slot for level 1 diagnostic by you're chief engineer marked as suspicious lol.

I've actually seen more of the opposite, where stuff dragged around gets kicked out, particularly if it got upgraded and/or moved to a different spot, not stuff loaded from the click menu. However, that's been quite rare compared to the rest of the issues, with it only happening shortly after the changes, whereas most of the above will happen to stuff not touched in months (seemingly not touched, but is under the hood, like batteries).
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I just noticed last night, on at least three toons, that my Epic beam was back in my inventory and a generic MK X cannon was in it's place.

And, right after posting that I realized that in each case, it was the right hand forward weapon slot and I hadn't played those toons in combat since the bug feature preventing players from slotting a weapon in that slot came and then got fixed. So I'm now guessing that my Epic got unslotted due to the bug and I just never noticed and then when they fixed the bug feature it auto filled with whatever weapon that ship originally came with in that slot.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    Yes I have , I thought the Bajoran engineers at DS9 were messing with me.....Guess I overreacted I should apologize to their widows
    GwaoHAD.png
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    To prevent a lot of these issues I save a loadout twice and have not had any problems lately.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Its a bug with the loadout system I constantly have batteries removed from my ship after topping them up and get a message in chat/flyin error unable to equip items from loadout.

Honest opinion as annoying as it is 0 chance of it ever getting fixed. At least they are putting time gates at the start of TFO's these days so we can use that time to re-equip those items :)
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Has anyone else had this problem?

I'll enter a DSE or something, and find my ship isn't equipped properly. Usually, the gear from my shuttle gets put on my main ship, and the main ship's gear is dumped to the inventory. Occasionally, it will transfer gear from one of my other ships to my main ship... again, all apparently at random.

Is this a known bug? If so, I'll report it in the appropriate forum. I just wanted to ask about it first.

so that's what happened.. I thoght itwas strange I did not remember swapping out my Bajoran warp core for a crafted one I started with
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    I have noticed that as well, on some occasions, though usually and thankfully, it only happens after the first map change and after switching ships.

However, emotes, wingman and cruiser commands keep squatting my tray and the only reliable way to "get rid" of them is to put them on a tray line I don't want to use.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I have noticed that as well, on some occasions, though usually and thankfully, it only happens after the first map change and after switching ships.

However, emotes, wingman and cruiser commands keep squatting my tray and the only reliable way to "get rid" of them is to put them on a tray line I don't want to use.
    Yeah I had gear mysteriously de-equip last time I changed ships. But only the first map transfer after changing ships.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Today I had my shield stripped off my ship during a map change in Scylla and Charbidys. When I put it back, a few more things disappeared from my loadout and I had to hurry and put those back before continuing.

Was most annoying. I was about to defend Bajor with no shields!
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    IDK if this helps others but I noticed when I changed my gear's Protected Status to On instead of leaving it off, gear being dropped off my ship was significantly reduced. I also save my Loadouts in Sector Space instead of in System Space. Lastly, I also make sure both Loadout spots are used.

Batteries still go AWOL regularly this way. But at least my ships still have all their weapons mounted and the Protected Status being On means I am much less likely to vendor trash or salvage that weapon or Console I can no longer replace.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
This discussion has been closed.