test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

-50% off everything in Lobi store & -30% off Duty Officers Flash Sale

nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11078493

Dang, you all are killing it with these good sales lately. What's up? Should I be afraid or just content with these possibilities? I don't mind stating it, but nice going, Cryptic.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    Wow! I'm so loving it. I just dropped several hundred just because.... I wish the lobi prices were the normal price. Nonetheless awesome!!! If only there was a crazy sale to buy any box ships directly from the Lobi gurus...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11078493

Dang, you all are killing it with these good sales lately. What's up? Should I be afraid or just content with these possibilities? I don't mind stating it, but nice going, Cryptic.

Anniversary sales?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Nice!

It's too bad the Lobi ground weapons don't scale, are bound to character on pickup, and my Discovery captain is only level 20 :(
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,589 Arc User
    I don't remember this many sales in previous anniversaries. Am I remembering wrong... or does Cryptic seem a little desperate. I hope there not trying to hit numbers for a IP contract renewal. I am getting old perhaps they have always been sale happy during the Ann event.
    But wait more!!! Infinity Duty Officer Promotion! Super sweet!!!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11078533
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    husanakx wrote: »
    I don't remember this many sales in previous anniversaries. Am I remembering wrong... or does Cryptic seem a little desperate. I hope there not trying to hit numbers for a IP contract renewal. I am getting old perhaps they have always been sale happy during the Ann event.

No... I think its more "We hit 9 years!"

While I don't remember this many flash sales (Then again Flash sales weren't a thing a few years ago)... I don't see it as desperation. I see it as being generous because they're celebrating. If they were desperate... we'd be seeing 50-75% off C-Store for a week. Not daily rotation of Flash Sales of different things.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

While I don't remember this many flash sales (Then again Flash sales weren't a thing a few years ago)... I don't see it as desperation. I see it as being generous because they're celebrating. If they were desperate... we'd be seeing 50-75% off C-Store for a week. Not daily rotation of Flash Sales of different things.

I agree. It makes it seems like things were when STO first started with all the good stuff happening.

Consequently, I'm getting really stoked thinking about all the possibilities with decade events just around the corner!
    edited January 2019
    rattler2 wrote: »

Yep, yesterday was 30% off _1 ship_ not all C-store ships, and lobi sales only bring in cash indirectly since people sitting on lobi use that up first.

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, I spent 1130 of 1135 Lobi.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    I got the NX class. I'm not 100% sure whether I want to keep it, or sell it and put the EC towards a Crossfields. Decisions, decisions...
    I did my part to cause the release of a T6 Recluse, by giving in and buying the T5 :)
This discussion has been closed.