test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How important is the foundry to you? POLL.

2»

Comments

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    No, I don't think the Foundry is an important part of Star Trek Online
    For me, the Foundry isn't important. The last time I've used it was long before Delta Rising and the advent of T6 ships long ago. Even then before that, I can't even count on one hand how many times I've used it in the old days.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yes, I think the Foundry is an important part of Star Trek Online
    Though I don't often use it.. many people do and I believe it's an important component of the game.

I realize that just because something might not be important to me specifically, doesn't mean it's not important overall.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Though I don't often use it.. many people do and I believe it's an important component of the game.

I realize that just because something might not be important to me specifically, doesn't mean it's not important overall.

And that is why I like you so much mate. B)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • noemiecarnesirnoemiecarnesir Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    The foundry is important for me. Not for farm because not as interesting than other PvE content (time/reward), not for pure exploration because I haven't the time for (still need to farm my alts).

But because I am a rper and can use content for rping, like housing or scenarios.

The main problem is for me, the instance limitation players number.
    5 is too small for a guild. We need this limitations removed.
  • theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 450 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    I used to play the Foundry quite often. There are a couple of things that keep me out these days.

1, The search function is absolute trash. At least it was the last time I tried to use it. That's too bead because there is some great work in the Foundry and it's also the only thing we have that is exploratory in the game apart from exploring the poorly explained game systems, which at least is being addressed. It would seem.

B, Poor use of grammar in the writing. Though, to be fair, I've come off my high horse a bit on that so it is a little easier to tolerate. I mean even those who write dialog and so forth in the game are guilty. But I assure you my enjoyment is greatly diminished when I encounter a "Would of," or a "Based off of."

The Foundry is important, though, and I'd like to see it get some TLC to at least smooth out the edges.
    Well poor grammar is a problem of the author's not the developers. We aren't professional writers after all (well some of us can be but not all, I ain't one for example).

After re-reading my post I can see that I wasn't clear that I was making a distinction between those who write for STO and Foundry authors. I've seen such errors from both. Hey, at least I know that a significant part of the issue is in my head. It's jarring for me to look at a Starfleet officer, someone who is presumably a professional/expert in their field, and get the Bad Grammar Brain Twist (BGBT, patent pending...). But enough about that, I don't want to de-rail the thread.

I think the only thing I would say is that not everyone is a native English speaker. Even with a note in the description that it is written in British English, I am still corrected, presumably by people who don't read the description or don't understand that British English is different to American English. For those who don't speak English as a native language I think it is wonderful that they have a go, and it is a shame that folks can't see past some minor errors to see the big picture.

I agree, which is why I said that a significant portion of the problem is in my head. I recognize that it's a thing with which I must at least compromise a bit.
  • theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 450 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    spiritborn wrote: »
    I used to play the Foundry quite often. There are a couple of things that keep me out these days.

1, The search function is absolute trash. At least it was the last time I tried to use it. That's too bead because there is some great work in the Foundry and it's also the only thing we have that is exploratory in the game apart from exploring the poorly explained game systems, which at least is being addressed. It would seem.

B, Poor use of grammar in the writing. Though, to be fair, I've come off my high horse a bit on that so it is a little easier to tolerate. I mean even those who write dialog and so forth in the game are guilty. But I assure you my enjoyment is greatly diminished when I encounter a "Would of," or a "Based off of."

The Foundry is important, though, and I'd like to see it get some TLC to at least smooth out the edges.
    Well poor grammar is a problem of the author's not the developers. We aren't professional writers after all (well some of us can be but not all, I ain't one for example).

After re-reading my post I can see that I wasn't clear that I was making a distinction between those who write for STO and Foundry authors. I've seen such errors from both. Hey, at least I know that a significant part of the issue is in my head. It's jarring for me to look at a Starfleet officer, someone who is presumably a professional/expert in their field, and get the Bad Grammar Brain Twist (BGBT, patent pending...). But enough about that, I don't want to de-rail the thread.

In all fairness, Cryptic's grammar and spelling in Klingon and Romulan really is awful. :tongue:

Well played.

• nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Yes i love it but i feel that it isnt used much because its hard to both make and search for really good missions for the casual gamer.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I've always considered the Foundry to be an interesting, neat part of the game. While I can't say I have done that many foundry missions, I do think it is a nice touch. I too have even pondered making something for it as well, once I figure it out. ^^;;
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I've always considered the Foundry to be an interesting, neat part of the game. While I can't say I have done that many foundry missions, I do think it is a nice touch. I too have even pondered making something for it as well, once I figure it out. ^^;;
    We have a Foundry forum for questions about that. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The Foundry has great potential but like much of STO's content is sorely lacking in reason to play. Cryptic has been pretty efficient in "fixing" any practical use players have found for it.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User

And that is why I like you so much mate. B)

I concur. I was all into it before and made some nice missions but sadly I could not continue at that time and never got back into it. Nonetheless it is a great testing ground for would-be designers.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    No, I don't think the Foundry is an important part of Star Trek Online
    It's always been a time versus reward matter for me and unfortunately the rewards have been reduced to much for me to bother anymore.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    [Deleted - T'was a stupid post]
    Post edited by starfarertheta on
This discussion has been closed.