test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Colour Palette Suggestion

This has been a major gripe of mine since the game's initial release.

Please just give every outfit piece on every faction (fed/kdf/rom/dom/alien) a full colour palette. It's really annoying that I can't match up some clothing pieces because they have different palettes. It's okay for eye and skin to have specific palettes though, totally get that.

Comments

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Very much this. All outfits usable by a character should be able to be color matched.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • laetexbunslaetexbuns Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    This newest shading incident also needs reverted. Nobody asked for this, we don't want it and we certainly didn't buy outfits to have their appearance stolen away because some moron decided to play Graphics Man while they were drunk. Revert this nonsense, we're sick and tired of being the beta testers for the console games. You wanna play around, you have 2 testing servers. Otherwise I want a refund on all of my outfits. STO has BBB status, it can be dropped.

It's not only just the hair coloring either. 7of9 and other crisp shiny outfits look matte, nasty and dull. Leather looks like a flat cloth, dull color with no sheen or shine, armor appears plastic in appearance. Boots are dull with no shine. Gloves like the intel look dull and flat. All hair colorings are off in the tailor so that we can't get what we want anymore and if you have pink forget it, green, purple, blue etc...expect the eyebrows to be the same color as the hair, an old bug that has returned, yay Mr. Quinn!

This Robert Quinn guy didn't only not fix something that wasn't broke, he screwed up outfits that we paid cash money for. We paid for those outfits because they looked like what they should. Now my 7 of 9 outfit looks like some worn out spandex Richard Simmons groupies used leotard, instead of the nice, crisp clean and shiny it was purchased to be. It, along with all of the purchased outfits that had sheen or shine on them have now been taken from us at some whim that wasn't tested or thought through.

The hair color is off from the pallet so we can't even get the proper color hair any longer. None of these outfits I paid for are anything like what I purchased. Am I going to be reimbursed for the purchases that I made that were fine until Robert changed everything overnight? Is there a way to FIX what he has broken? If so I would greatly appreciate the way to revert my styles, colors, and looks back to the way they were. I have 31 toons and 266 outfit slots, 6 was stolen from me by some such type of nonsense as this years ago and I now can't make any new outfits without deleting another on my main. This time, I know who caused the issue, what he did and who to name for making your outfits appear differently than what they appear when sold. False representation much? This needs a fix or some type of revert or at least a "Don't use Robert's wreck" button.

This issue makes me feel I just had my purse stolen and identity taken for no good reason. It's tough to be a female in a mmorpg as is without having your game identity screwed around with.

Post edited by laetexbuns on
    syW94ht.jpg
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    laetexbuns wrote: »
    This newest shading incident also needs reverted. Nobody asked for this, we don't want it and we certainly didn't buy outfits to have their appearance stolen away because some moron decided to play Graphics Man while they were drunk. Revert this nonsense, we're sick and tired of being the beta testers for the console games. You wanna play around, you have 2 testing servers. Otherwise I want a refund on all of my outfits. STO has BBB status, it can be dropped.

It's not only just the hair coloring either. 7of9 and other crisp shiny outfits look matte, nasty and dull. Leather looks like a flat cloth, dull color with no sheen or shine, armor appears plastic in appearance. Boots are dull with no shine. Gloves like the intel look dull and flat. All hair colorings are off in the tailor so that we can't get what we want anymore and if you have pink forget it, green, purple, blue etc...expect the eyebrows to be the same color as the hair, an old bug that has returned, yay Mr. Quinn!

This Robert Quinn guy didn't only not fix something that wasn't broke, he screwed up outfits that we paid cash money for. We paid for those outfits because they looked like what they should. Now my 7 of 9 outfit looks like some worn out spandex Richard Simmons groupies used leotard, instead of the nice, crisp clean and shiny it was purchased to be. It, along with all of the purchased outfits that had sheen or shine on them have now been taken from us at some whim that wasn't tested or thought through.

The hair color is off from the pallet so we can't even get the proper color hair any longer. None of these outfits I paid for are anything like what I purchased. Am I going to be reimbursed for the purchases that I made that were fine until Robert changed everything overnight? Is there a way to FIX what he has broken? If so I would greatly appreciate the way to revert my styles, colors, and looks back to the way they were. I have 31 toons and 266 outfit slots, 6 was stolen from me by some such type of nonsense as this years ago and I now can't make any new outfits without deleting another on my main. This time, I know who caused the issue, what he did and who to name for making your outfits appear differently than what they appear when sold. False representation much? This needs a fix or some type of revert or at least a "Don't use Robert's wreck" button.

This issue makes me feel I just had my purse stolen and identity taken for no good reason. It's tough to be a female in a mmorpg as is without having your game identity screwed around with.

They said they are going to revert the change, I liked it on most of my characters. No need to insult the devs. It is going to be fixed. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • foxspirit13foxspirit13 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    I liked some of the changes too, but others were a disaster. 7 of 9's pants being matte was a nice change, wish there was an option for that in the old version.
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User

Please just give every outfit piece on every faction (fed/kdf/rom/dom/alien) a full colour palette. It's really annoying that I can't match up some clothing pieces because they have different palettes. It's okay for eye and skin to have specific palettes though, totally get that.
    LOL, there are some Right/Left wrist options for KDF romulan outfits that have had different color palettes since LoR was released. Yes... different palettes on the SAME OBJECT, dependant on whether it's on the right or left side.

Trust me, they're NEVER going to consolidate their... 7 or 8 different color palettes.
    sthe91 wrote: »
    They said they are going to revert the change, I liked it on most of my characters. No need to insult the devs. It is going to be fixed. Thanks. :)
    No, they're going to "fix" it, meaning that, down the road, after every update, some aspect of this "fix" will break again. Just like so many other "fixes" they've implemented.

Is it an insult to call out incompetence for what it it?
    edited January 2019

You have any proof they said they were going to revert this stupidity? No. I've talked to Customer Support and other departments and they have said no such thing. Stop trying to make points for yourself in forums by spreading rumors. That's just trolling.

As far as insulting devs, if the shoe fits...
    When you get 31 characters and 266 outfit slots then you can tell me how well you like it on all 31 and over 500 outfits that you paid cash for.
    syW94ht.jpg
    edited January 2019
    This is just another big mistake of "Oh, let's test this out on the Holodeck before we initiate it on the consoles." Holodeck = beta testers for consoles, even though they have 2 other test servers. Guess what guys? It's a fail.
    syW94ht.jpg
  • jenicazarinajenicazarina Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    It is impossible to get white hair now. All of my toons that had white hair now look grey, and 50 years older. My poor andorian girl has lost her lovely shade of blue for some hideous color that I can't even describe.

I haven't had the heart yet to go look at my Orion girl. I'm sure she looks like some old hag rather than the princess that she is supposed to be.
    Resistance is never futile!

800S3a8.jpg
  • houserozhenkohouserozhenko Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2019

Yep.
    The shaders were good as they were before Mirror Discovery.
    All we need is a unified pallette to be able to mix and match.

What wasn't good and still is not good is the Simulation of the eye adaptation to the surrounding brightness.
    Currently, depending on where you are standing you appear too dark.

Evidence: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7SGEEWLnhYd5TWVo9

We need an option for a proportional ambient light raise for only characters - so called character lighting toggle.
    Check out my Bio and ongoing Story as Comic Flipbook on FlipHTML5:
    4099594.jpg
    I liked some of the changes too, but others were a disaster. 7 of 9's pants being matte was a nice change, wish there was an option for that in the old version.

Considering it was only supposed to be skintones and hair textures...Outfits being changed were not a "nice change" they were a, to put it nicely, mistake, a bug, a someone didn't know what they were doing or oops I od'd it. Outfits were never in the equation and never should have been considering we paid cash for what they looked like. If you wanted matte 7of9 pants you should ask for a glossy or matte button like the Sierra and Jupiter outfits had (Which no longer works).
    syW94ht.jpg
    It is impossible to get white hair now. All of my toons that had white hair now look grey, and 50 years older. My poor andorian girl has lost her lovely shade of blue for some hideous color that I can't even describe.

I haven't had the heart yet to go look at my Orion girl. I'm sure she looks like some old hag rather than the princess that she is supposed to be.
    Blame H.P. Lovecraft. It's "The Colour Out Of Space".
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited January 2019

You have any proof they said they were going to revert this stupidity? No. I've talked to Customer Support and other departments and they have said no such thing. Stop trying to make points for yourself in forums by spreading rumors. That's just trolling.

Last Ten Forward Weekly our Community Manager said (in response to a comment made by me) that they were considering reverting and reworking the update for later release, there've been a lot of unintended effects and in general it hasn't turned out the way they thought it would. This includes the matte effects seen on many costumes.

Timestap: ~27:20. Whether we get that reversion likely depends on the feasibility of delivering fixes sooner rather than later. So, either way some kind of resolution is probably in sight.
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    qqqqii wrote: »
    No, they're going to "fix" it, meaning that, down the road, after every update, some aspect of this "fix" will break again. Just like so many other "fixes" they've implemented.

Is it an insult to call out incompetence for what it it?

Just because something did not work in the coding of this game, which is a mess since the beginning of the game, does not make the dev who worked on the project incompetent. It is not incompetence, the objective failed. Thanks. :)
    edited January 2019

When you get 31 characters and 266 outfit slots then you can tell me how well you like it on all 31 and over 500 outfits that you paid cash for.

As duncanidaho has now pointed out it was in the last Ten Forward Weekly. It also was mentioned on Reddit, and was also mentioned in a thread in this forum. The name of the thread was Updates to Hair Textures or something like that. Also, I said most not all. I do not spread unfounded rumors, I like to spread the truth in these forums and help Star Trek Online players as well. You do not know my heart. I was not making points for myself and was not engaging in trolling. Only once did I engage in such behavior and regretted it ever since. Please calm down and wait for the fix. But I do agree that the color palette in STO needs to be unified. Thanks. :)
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited January 2019

Also the one thing to note with this is that the color pallet with the largest assortment of options (what used to be restricted to off duty and civilian stuff) doesn't have all the colors contained in the FED, KDF, and ROM pallets. Opting for the existing "full" pallet would mean many extant uniforms couldn't be replicated including such things as a simple muted blue (in full you have the new rich blues and a slightly purple-y blue). I would rather see expansions of each pallet (including some colors which are easier to match across pallets) rather than any kind of mass replacement.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!

As duncanidaho has now pointed out it was in the last Ten Forward Weekly. It also was mentioned on Reddit, and was also mentioned in a thread in this forum. The name of the thread was Updates to Hair Textures or something like that. Also, I said most not all. I do not spread unfounded rumors, I like to spread the truth in these forums and help Star Trek Online players as well. You do not know my heart. I was not making points for myself and was not engaging in trolling. Only once did I engage in such behavior and regretted it ever since. Please calm down and wait for the fix. But I do agree that the color palette in STO needs to be unified. Thanks. :)
    Fixes listed in tomorrow's patch notes for various hair/skin shader issues, no specifics so we'll have to see what exactly this entails (roll back or straight fixes.)

Yeaaa it seems your "answer" of "that they were considering reverting and reworking the update for later release on 10 forward weekly. Doesn't quite exactly mean "going to do a revert" now does it?
    syW94ht.jpg
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    On this. I don't understand why they don't change add an R/G/B slider to such things.

I can understand wanting to do presets for uniform appearance. Since all the pieces of the various uniforms, especially older ones, are not the same. This would probably be the best way to solve it.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    edited February 2019

Fixes listed in tomorrow's patch notes for various hair/skin shader issues, no specifics so we'll have to see what exactly this entails (roll back or straight fixes.)

Yeaaa it seems your "answer" of "that they were considering reverting and reworking the update for later release on 10 forward weekly. Doesn't quite exactly mean "going to do a revert" now does it?

duncan corrected me, I was wrong in part of my later posts. He found out that they were doing it sooner rather than later. Now, would you please stop attacking duncan. What is wrong with you? Why so belligerent?