test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to submit a ticket for Website and Forums issues

bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Academy
Hi

I tried to follow your link for a forums and website ticket https://support.arcgames.com/. That isn't even an option on there bud.

Actually, there is a way to file a forums and website ticket. But I'll admit it wasn't exactly easy to find.

Following the link, I selected Games. Then I selected Star Trek Online from the list.

Then I clicked on the button at the bottom to "Submit a ticket"

I opened the ticket form and selected Customer Support. It wouldn't let me submit it. Turns out there's a tiny arrow next to the Customer Support option that presents a dropdown submenu. Once I did that, it let me submit the ticket.

All websites are subject to change over time, so I can't guarantee it will work that way in the future.

If anyone needs to submit a ticket to get someone to look at a problematic post or thread, this is how you do it.

Of course you can always PM a Mod, but I can't guarantee you'll get a swift response as we're all volunteers.

I'll ask if I can get this stickied.
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Post edited by bluegeek on

Comments

• tervahtervah Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I submitted a ticket which said I should have posted it first in the forums so I came here and it says I can't post to the forums?!?!?!
    The Ticket was about how I lost fleet points because I put in 1 million in the experience of an embassy upgrade and only received 50,000 fleet credits for doing so. Apparently there is a cap on how much you can receive per donation which I knew nothing about. It would not have been a big deal but you have to use those same fleet points to buy the embassy provisions so I felt cheated and submitted a ticket. Their reply was, " It is up to the players to discover this for themselves so it enhances game play. Also this should have been posted in the forums, here are the links. Oh and have a nice day!"

If I had not gotten a life time membership that would have ended my days here with STO and yes I would have told everyone of how poor the customer service is and that you don't care about the players. If anyone asks me about this game I will explain to them you are on your own because only the players will try to help but as for the management they SUCK! As for if I am upset right now hmmm.... That is for me to discover for myself because it enhances my game play! Oh This was the only place I could post so if it is in the wrong place I'll let you discover it so your game play can be enhanced!
  • admiralrhaegaradmiralrhaegar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm posting this problem everywhere I can think of as I can't access the support page to post a ticket. The problem I'm about to post is the third problem in two weeks...and I've only been playing for two weeks!

My EC and Dil are disappearing by the thousands for no apparent reason. Unless there's some mechanism I'm no privy to that can reasonably explain why it would disappear I'm through with this game.

Is there a reason for either asset to disappear without spending them? If so please let me know so I am at least aware of it. If not, then someone please assist me in contacting support for the issue, otherwise I'm done playing. I can't advance without being able to save up enough assets to progress in-game.

For the record, I've spent a little money to support the game. I don't feel that spending entitles me to anything, but it does beg the question why the devs would take my (our) money and then make it impossible to contact them about issues.

Someone please tell me what I need to know/do to resolve the problem.
  • ultimatenewbieultimatenewbie Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm posting this problem everywhere I can think of as I can't access the support page to post a ticket. The problem I'm about to post is the third problem in two weeks...and I've only been playing for two weeks!

My EC and Dil are disappearing by the thousands for no apparent reason. Unless there's some mechanism I'm no privy to that can reasonably explain why it would disappear I'm through with this game.

Is there a reason for either asset to disappear without spending them? If so please let me know so I am at least aware of it. If not, then someone please assist me in contacting support for the issue, otherwise I'm done playing. I can't advance without being able to save up enough assets to progress in-game.

For the record, I've spent a little money to support the game. I don't feel that spending entitles me to anything, but it does beg the question why the devs would take my (our) money and then make it impossible to contact them about issues.

Someone please tell me what I need to know/do to resolve the problem.

I'm not sure if this is the reason, but when you start certain duty officer missions (particularly, but not limited to Trade missions), you often spend EC and Dil - other doff missions can add to EC and Dil. Have you been paying attention to which duty officer missions you have been starting?

Also, if you've been using the dilithium exchange to convert dil to zen, or vice versa, once a trade is complete it doesnt automatically go back into your main account; instead it sits in your exchange profile (you must hit the 'Withdraw' button to return it to your 'personal balance').

Those are the first things that spring to mind. Otherwise, can you provide more details - ie, how much, how often etc?
  • Feel lucky that you get to play the game :)

I log in and cant even access the game.

I have never found a game that is so hard to find the start button ..it is all videos of one thing or another about have much fun it is to play....

If it is so much fun then where do you start to do just that?????

Anyway I wish you the best on the issue that you have.
  • patch#0682 patch Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I have submitted to tickets for different issues, neither response has been worth the time taken to log in to my email for those responses, currently unable to get in to the game, been trying for over 4 hours, it knows how many hours I have logged in-game so far yet wont let me initiate play, telling me to download as though I have never started the game yet, so have tried via Steam which started the initial loading panel which is currently trying to do a 12gb patch, [ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ], and even posting on here is useless as waiting for post approval means no instant help to find out what the heck is going on. Just about had enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • hideousfoxhideousfox Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The First mission meetting Empress Sela is broke on Ps4 you have to skip it in order to proceed just a heads up everyoe.
  • jeremiah12lgeekjeremiah12lgeek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    How do I address the inability to create threads? I have submitted a ticket, but it seems like there should be a more obvious and simpler solution.

I've had my account for years, so that isn't the problem. Do I have to use an obscure function to request to have the ability activated on my profile?
  • admrhackettadmrhackett Member Posts: 3 New User
    I've been having the same problem with trying to make a thread. My account was made in 2015. They just don't explain the waiting period thing very well. Do I have to make a certain amount of posts first? Do I need to wait x amount of time after linking my account? It doesn't help that support is TRIBBLE because they don't want to be bothered spending $$$ for support staff. Greedy corporations with no common sense for ya.
  • nivek#4912 nivek Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I've been playing for almost a week and registered with this forum for 3 days.... and yet I still can't talk in Zone or post to the Forums. You guys really hate new players.
  • gameadmin#9447 gameadmin Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi ive been playing for a few days now, i orriginally played via steam and now im playing on Arc, Loving the game its awesome, first time player here!!! I bought Zen and im trying to sell some for Dilithium but it keeps saying i cant because of recent activity on my account, ive tried everything to fix it but its not working. If it works ill buy more zen to sell as i wanna level my r&d. Please help!!!! Thanks in advance Micky :-)
  • jackcl#9222 jackcl Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Hi I joined the site yesterday and I still can't make a new thread. Is there some thing I have to do.
  • khusangkhusang Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Apologies to all for the hijack, but I'm a touch frustrated at this and need some help.

How exactly do I go to warp speed? I've finished the intro mission and am ready to warp to the Vega system, but nothing happens. "Plot a course to Vega System, Captain?" Click on OK, and I'm back to the map. There is nothing in the key settings to indicate "warp speed," I find a ton of reddit articles about going to warp speed, but not a single one says anything about "click this button" or "press this key." Not one article, not one forum post, nothing.

New thread are disabled for a brand new account, so I have to create a response on someone else's thread. Brilliant.

Commenting in Zone is disabled for brand new accounts also. WTF?

Seriously... whoever designed the intro to this game really ought to change this.
  • blackstone#0769 blackstone Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Had this game for a while, but have been unable to log-on. Game keeps wanting to load patches, which seem to take forever. I have seen comments from people who apparently solved this problem, but nobody actually explained the step-by-step on how they solved it. Any help would be appreciated. About ready to uninstall and move on to something else.
  • freyro#7415 freyro Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi. Sorry, to hijack this thread (sort of) but I'm unable to make my own threads. It says that it's due to me being a new player, but I set up my account some 2 ys ago, so I guess I shouldn't be considered a "new player"...

How long shall I wait? Or maybe an admin could fix it? :(
  • jeff#1284 jeff Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    > @hideousfox said:
    > The First mission meetting Empress Sela is broke on Ps4 you have to skip it in order to proceed just a heads up everyoe.

TFO's are broke on ps4 also. I accept, que up and get told I declined the mission and am kicked from que.
  • foxspirit13foxspirit13 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    How do I submit a support ticket when the site dosen't seem to work anymore?
  • bester#8546 bester Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    i agree the lockout on creating new threads needs to be explained better
This discussion has been closed.