test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pahvo is Gorgeous

starshine#7408 starshine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
Look at it. On the ground, in space, both of them. Completely beautiful.

I hope we have more missions there. Maybe task force operations against DSC mirror forces?
It's really pretty.
TOS>LDS>DSC>VOY>DS9>PRO>ENT>TNG>PIC

Bring the Enterprise XCV-330 to STO
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    yep
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    *insert mandatory request for Foundry version*
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    The environmental artists did an awesome job for sure.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • boweninugamiboweninugami Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    I have to admit, that planet is awesome. Right up there with the Hur'q planet with it's Alien feel.
    And a TFO set there? Sign me up..
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The environmental artists did an awesome job for sure.

^ Seconded. Beautiful work all!
    I think the best praise you can give to enviromental artists is that they didn't have to "sell" the map for me at all, I accepted that this is Pahvo from the first time I got there.

• starshine#7408 starshine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Maybe it could even be added to Patrol quest list, and have one of those patrol missions where you run around scanning things, just to have more running around it to do outside of the story quest.

• knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I agree, it feels like being there. Now i just wish the missions would make use of that, and not degrade it to just another backdrop set for endless and repititive pew-pew. Let us explore, discover and communicate with the Pahvans, that's Star Trek!
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • starshine#7408 starshine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Running around to scan the crystals to see how they're healing might be a good patrol mission

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Collecting all the crystals to build our own death star beam for our ships would be a good mission. :D

And only half joking there. Seriously, craft pahvo crystals + agony phaser weapon from the lockbox = psionic energy weapons.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Collecting all the crystals to build our own death star beam for our ships would be a good mission. :D

And only half joking there. Seriously, craft pahvo crystals + agony phaser weapon from the lockbox = psionic energy weapons.
    If you read the buff tooltips in the Personal Endeavor system it lists resists to Cold, Psychic and Toxic.... for SPACE. Hmm... Cold we've not seen, but it makes sense. Psychic and Toxic though?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    It is a good looking map, and the adition of the psionic use we see in the story of the mission makes me hope that maybe they might take a turn into looking into the history an past of psionic abilities in star trek. I believe in some works there was a war and alliance that was based around psionicly powerful races, as well as in some episodes of psionic-weapons that were used (like the vulcan weapon we saw in next gen).
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

If you read the buff tooltips in the Personal Endeavor system it lists resists to Cold, Psychic and Toxic.... for SPACE. Hmm... Cold we've not seen, but it makes sense. Psychic and Toxic though?

Out of Time deals cold​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Yep Pahvo is really beautiful. And it was filmed here in the Toronto Area where I'm from so it has some of that Canadian Forest Quarry feel. So it is my home, you could say I live on Pahvo ;P

Great Job Devs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilton_Falls_Conservation_Area
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Gorgeous map! But I asked in chat if we're supposed to know where this Pahvo place is, and no one could tell me... Is it a planet that shows up in an episode somewhere?
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Agreed. Awesome map, cool mission. Well done Cryptic.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    edited January 2019
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Gorgeous map! But I asked in chat if we're supposed to know where this Pahvo place is, and no one could tell me... Is it a planet that shows up in an episode somewhere?

Yea. :)

1000?cb=20180123054134&path-prefix=en

animated.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

If/when they do make a TFO there.. we totally have to play that. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.

If/when they do make a TFO there.. we totally have to play that. :smile:

Woa yea that would be far out. B)
    animated.gif
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    not if...they ARE going to make a TFO there​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    not if...they ARE going to make a TFO there​​

Cool.. I just learned a long time ago not to assume anything is happening for sure.

I certainly hope it does.. the area is really cool.. it would be great to have a queue that we can play there. I don't doubt it's planned.. but I always take a 'wait and see' attitude. :wink:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    crm14916 wrote: »

Yea. :)

1000?cb=20180123054134&path-prefix=en

to specify it's the main location for the season 1 episode "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum" (DSC Season 01Episode 08).

EDIT: and it looks just as great in live action.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    I generally agree. However, how I play ground missions (max zoom out and an upwards angle) I can see very little of what's going on due to the foliage.

However, the settings have taken a good step up these last months and couple of years.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • jozen#9312 jozen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Yep Pahvo is really beautiful. And it was filmed here in the Toronto Area where I'm from so it has some of that Canadian Forest Quarry feel. So it is my home, you could say I live on Pahvo ;P

Great Job Devs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilton_Falls_Conservation_Area

Milton used to be a nice little town. Then the Torontonians invaded.
This discussion has been closed.