test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bravo on the new idle animations!

commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
One thing I absolutely love about this update is the new idle animations for holding a rifle, they are very cool.

I think it would be cool if we could get some for pistols, assault weapons, and melee as well.

I would also propose bringing back some of the idles that were removed. Back in the day there were extra animation while idling in Aim Mode... your character would look around, and be alert and stuff like that, it was very immersive.

Good job guys, I would like to see more like this.
♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    Since ViL, animations have been improved bit by bit, from cutscenes to contacts showing emotions. And these are one of my favorite kinds of updates of the game because it feels much less like you're watching robots trying to be living beings.

My only regret is that Caitian and Ferasan mouth movements are a bit weird when it involves more than just talk, like the KHAAAAAN emote or when Ripper breaks free:
    20181010115345_1.jpg?raw=1
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    I'm not sure about these idle animations. I think they start too soon. I mean not 1 second ago we were blasting enemies & then my crew looks bored.
  • antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I love the new Idle animations to by the way. They are a 10 out of 10. I'm praying they do more.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Unless you're playing a Vulcan, like I currently am... My thoughts keep tending toward, "nope, she wouldn't have that kind of reaction" every time she gets that look of despair or shock in a cutscene...

Wish there was some way the system would recognize the chosen species and adjust accordingly... But I understand that's kinda unrealistic...

:)
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • jameswilliejameswillie Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    The new idle rifle animation is interesting...however it would have been nice if the time was taken to fixing the disappearing ground weapons every time my captain and boffs use a superpower and end up standing there with no weapons and look like they wanna wrestle. Bug has only been around for a year this coming March so I guess its still early lol.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Unless you're playing a Vulcan, like I currently am... My thoughts keep tending toward, "nope, she wouldn't have that kind of reaction" every time she gets that look of despair or shock in a cutscene...

Wish there was some way the system would recognize the chosen species and adjust accordingly... But I understand that's kinda unrealistic...

I think the problem with species recognation is the "alien" option that's a catch all for every minor species devs didn't want to add or user creations, thus would vary from "practically(if not literally) emotionless" to "trying to out ham Shatner" in terms of emotional reactions with no real way for the program to know which to use. For the pre-set species it's just a matter of getting the system to "read" species.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »

Maybe she lied on her resume and is actually half-Romulan.

Also, a few missions do recognize a few species, like "What's left behind" where confronting Sela as a Vulcan or Betazoid has her tell you she's trained against telepaths and thus you can't read her mind to get info about the Iconians. Also, you get an additional "join the Reman resistance" dialogue option as a Reman when you confront Obisek at his base during Frozen, and the objectives slightly change as a result.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    The new idle rifle animation is interesting...however it would have been nice if the time was taken to fixing the disappearing ground weapons every time my captain and boffs use a superpower and end up standing there with no weapons and look like they wanna wrestle. Bug has only been around for a year this coming March so I guess its still early lol.

I was just thinking this too. Besides triggering the idle animation too early it doesn't work when your weapons keep disappearing.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    It doesn't seem to be a high priority since it doesn't affect combat.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
This discussion has been closed.