test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tzenkethi Battlezone

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Thanks for the heads up. Really appreciate it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Hey folks,

We're hoping to get some time on the content designers' schedule either before the end of the year or early next to look into this one. I'm leaving it open just in case someone throws a curveball I haven't heard about yet. :)

Appreciated. Though could we have some listing, or idea of what issues are known, and what has been brought up or atleast would be brought up to the team? Or specific things that they are looking to fix, and what perimeters of what is feasible to change/fix via the suggestions an such brought up.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    The battlezones these days seem to be close to dead since the random queue system popped up, so even if they did fix the tzen battlezone no one will even bother with it.
    avoozuul wrote: »
    The battlezones these days seem to be close to dead since the random queue system popped up, so even if they did fix the tzen battlezone no one will even bother with it.

I think you're wrong. It would be a decent source for the Protomatter Microcontainers, which you'd only get from the Random STFs if you happen to go into one. Otherwise you're only getting 1 a day from trading marks for it. The main draw for the Battlezones is the fact you can drop in whenever you want, and getting the elite mark items. As Lukari Rep has some rather tedious STFs that take actual coordination, which is hard to do with some PUG groups, the Battlezone would be a logical source for the Microcontainers, allowing people easy access to Lukari Rep gear.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    So, just inside the deadline for the necro thread rule, but any update coming soon regarding the battlezone? Or is this something that's being swept to the mausoleum with a giant jester deity guarding it?
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Yeah @ambassadorkael#6946 I know you all are going on Christmas holiday round about now, but is there any news on whether or not this is still getting addressed?
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 361 Cryptic Developer
    I made some tweaks but they have to go through QA to make sure it doesn't break!
    Good to hear. Hope to hear more as you go if possible.
    Keep up the good work over there. :)
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    jheinig wrote: »
    I made some tweaks but they have to go through QA to make sure it doesn't break!

You mean... you're actually fixing the zone?! Color me as surprised as I am happy. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    jheinig wrote: »

We're looking forward to playing it.

Thank you for your efforts.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Just finished a run in the TZ Battle Zone.

Overall, definitely an improved experience.. we were even actually able to complete the zone. Biggest issue I see in early testing is that the rewards are still pretty off. I assisted in 2 of the 3 Dreads at the end, despite being there for the entire fights, I never received higher then a Tier II reward. Once the Zone was completed, I received the 3 Microcontainers but only received 360 total Dilithium which is obviously much lower then other Battle Zones. I also received 15 Lukari Marks.

Others in the zone however were saying they got nothing, one guy got some Dilithium only, but it appeared I was the only one that got the Microcontainers. I believe there are still some bugs with the final phase and how it records contributions to the fight.

While I think some tweaks are still needed, it's a definite step in the right direction.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    That was my one complaint from the beginning of this Thread months ago, the Protomatter Containers were not being awarded consistently if at all. The other Battlezones you complete the condition you get all, you kill 2 of 3, you get two.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    Glad to read the news about the update and fix.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • tigeria#8677 tigeria Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I only done Dyson and 8472 battlezones - and i know the Gamma one exist.. hard to miss, since u fly through it...BUT - i only know/found them bcause they appeared as part of missions/arcs.. - ground battlezones seems easier to be found, or are more spoken bout - but the space BZ's - no clue.. as someone mentioned earlier - add Transwarp, or - big signs, bcause honestly, i dont even have the slightlest clue of where half the BZ's ppl mentioned are, and i try to try everything in game.. BZ's sure.. but.. where are they.. and which are they.. transwarp, a list.. something plz.. u cant do what u dont know exist..
    - Tiger
    I only done Dyson and 8472 battlezones - and i know the Gamma one exist.. hard to miss, since u fly through it...BUT - i only know/found them bcause they appeared as part of missions/arcs.. - ground battlezones seems easier to be found, or are more spoken bout - but the space BZ's - no clue.. as someone mentioned earlier - add Transwarp, or - big signs, bcause honestly, i dont even have the slightlest clue of where half the BZ's ppl mentioned are, and i try to try everything in game.. BZ's sure.. but.. where are they.. and which are they.. transwarp, a list.. something plz.. u cant do what u dont know exist..

There already is a transwarp tothe Tzenkethi Battlezone. Its Gon'cra.
    Badlands doesn't really need one because its right next door to BOTH Defera and DS9, both of which have Transwarp options. The Undine zone... just transwarp to Solanae and use the interact.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    The Tzenkethi Battlezone right from its introduction in January 2017 has had a major problem. The rate of caps being lost was too fast even in Jan 2017. It was a terrible problem to the point of the BZ being Dead On Arrival. My play in STO has been sporadic since. I come back and to work on these Personal Endeavors, I end up back in this BZ. I expected that after 2 years this thing would be working nicely, but it's not, it's still a mess.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Sorry but I couldn't see any improvement. Capture points are still resetting in the middle of an ongoing conquest. Points flip directly from allied to hostile, skipping the 'contested' phase entirely. This BZ is buggy and frustrating. The only reason to go there is if a personal endeavor requires you to destroy Tzenkethi ships.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Kael started a thread about what needed fixing in the Battle Zones....I would have to hunt for it.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Whew.....that was easy, someone commented on it recently: The comment basically said, nothing came out of it.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1243936/tzenkethi-battlezone
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • viridian74#1359 viridian74 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I did the Tzenkethi "King of the Hill" option several times now. I never see any protomatter containers or tons of dilithium, because those go to the people with the high DPS. I did get a Tier IV reward, though, and an accolade. What I really, really like about the Tzenkethi "King of the Hill" area is that I actually can contribute *without* dealing massive damage - I'm the one 'stealing Tzenkethi data', and even if it doesn't give me a reward, it feels good. Whatever you do to the Tzenkethi zone, please keep these non-combat options.
    edited January 2019
    I did the Tzenkethi "King of the Hill" option several times now. I never see any protomatter containers or tons of dilithium, because those go to the people with the high DPS. I did get a Tier IV reward, though, and an accolade. What I really, really like about the Tzenkethi "King of the Hill" area is that I actually can contribute *without* dealing massive damage - I'm the one 'stealing Tzenkethi data', and even if it doesn't give me a reward, it feels good. Whatever you do to the Tzenkethi zone, please keep these non-combat options.

I assure you that the TZ Battle Zone is an equal opportunity s-c-r-e-w job when it comes to rewards. :lol:

The DPS'ers are getting the same short stick you're getting.. I have gone into a zone with a super high DPS ship, cleaned house and still got a T1 or T2 reward. The rewards in that zone are incredibly inconsistent and no build choices are going to get you around it.

The sad part is, they gave it a pass.. it wasn't quite enough, and I am afraid that now they will just give up. I believe it's better now, it was the last time I was there, but ultimately the fact that I can spend 20-30 minutes there and get nothing for rewards has deterred me from returning. I might go there occasionally if I have time to kill and I am bored, but if I am doing my 'daily grind' I won't be going there unless it's needed to complete an Endeavor.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Is this the only Space Battlezone that gives ZERO xp? Also the time it takes to swap zones is still way to short... I had to go there for an endeavor and found this to be way stupid... we were running back and forth between zones to recapture them once we were done with the area we were in... too much work for at the end only 1 boss ship (1 elite mark)?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Was it better after the 1/10 Patch when they fixed it?

And now not.

If so, I would venture to guess that the 1/23 Mirror of Discovery Mega Patch may not have had the Tzen'kethi BZ fixes in its code base.

This sort of thing occurred in the past when the Delta Reputation released with the Delta Quadrant Expansion did not include the Mark Box self-opening code. It has also occurred with additions to the Lobi Store with a new Lockbox that disappeared with a patch right after it.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Was it better after the 1/10 Patch when they fixed it?

And now not.

If so, I would venture to guess that the 1/23 Mirror of Discovery Mega Patch may not have had the the Tzen'kethi BZ fixes in its code base.

This sort of thing occurred in the past where the Delta Reputation released with the Delta Quadrant Expansion did not include the Mark Box self-opening code. It has also occurred with additions to the Lobi Store with a new Lockbox that disappeared with a patch right after it.

honestly I have no idea since I never came here before, and it was taking so long to capture zones and recapture em... I went do and some borg red alerts since I noticed my ship had zero xp. no change to map once I got back... was still capture/recapturing the zones... just a different one :) eventually the boss spawned... killed it and then timer ran down... I was looking for more bosses or a flood of new enemies like in Undine & Terran... nothing. so disgusted with this zone I am never coming back outside of killing X mobs in this zone and bailing. Cost Performance is not worth it.
    I don't know about cost effectiveness of the zone, but I did get a Tier IV reward and two accolades in there for interacting with the environment in "King of the Hill". I assumed that people with high powered ships that deal a lot of damage were getting at least as good, apparently not so.
    I don't know about cost effectiveness of the zone, but I did get a Tier IV reward and two accolades in there for interacting with the environment in "King of the Hill". I assumed that people with high powered ships that deal a lot of damage were getting at least as good, apparently not so.

(re)/capturing the zones does not give you any elite marks... few marks 10 to 15? dil... also zero ship xp... I make more in dil doing undine or terran battlezone and get ship xp at the same time. can't say I am a fan of any of the Lukari Ques... I am not dead set on Accolades.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    I went there a few days ago, and the only other person there was apparently afk at the entrance point. I was running a T5 ship so it kind of goes without saying that even spending about an hour there trying it out again was useless. Of all the battlezones that one takes the most people to complete yet it is such a pain in the rear that no one goes there.
    My experience today was totally different - I've never found any of the minigames, but today (again) I got a Tier IV reward, around 300 XP , no dil, no special items. But the map turned blue and some dreadnoughts came out. Two went down before the timer ran out, we didn't get to the third. With more people, it would have been feasible I guess.
This discussion has been closed.