test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Anniversary Giveaways - Universal Tech Upgrades!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
For today's 9th Anniversary Giveaways, Captains on PC can get free Universal Tech Upgrades!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11070723

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    TUESDAY, JANUARY 22nd at 10AM PT til WENDESDAY, JANUARY 23rd at 10AM PT:

It’s time to get some items to gold, Captains! Grab two Universal Tech Upgrades per account today, found in the “Promotions” tab of the C-store!

Ok wait....THESE are going to be the same type of Upgrades I get for buying a key ring bundle thing? Automatically takes whatever I put it on to Mark 15 Epic??????? Awesome!!!

Thanks!! Thanks!! <--double thanks
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    where2r1 wrote: »

It’s time to get some items to gold, Captains! Grab two Universal Tech Upgrades per account today, found in the “Promotions” tab of the C-store!

Ok wait....THESE are going to be the same type of Upgrades I get for buying a key ring bundle thing? Automatically takes whatever I put it on to Mark 15 Epic??????? Awesome!!!

Umm no. You can use em to help you get to Gold.

The instant to Epic Mk 15 is called "Ultimate Tech Upgrade" These are Universal Tech Upgrades.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »

Unfortunately, no, those are Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrades: 30,000 Tech Points, No Quality Improvement Chance.

As a comparison, the Phoenix Universal Tech Upgrade: 51,200 Tech Points, Standard Quality Improvement Chance.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    It’s time to get some items to gold

misleading quote from the blog. the papers won't even give any quality points ^^ this last giveaway is in the "meh" category. omega upgrade papers would be better. and of course, key ring bundle ones would be much better.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Yeah, I just collected. It is the Universal Enhanced Upgrade...like the ones we used to get once a week on those FE Mission Events.

+30,000 Tech Points
    No Quality Improvement Chances
    No Dilithium Cost

Use on Any Upgrade-able Item.

https://i.imgur.com/0PY64Em.jpg

Oh well....time to go make lunches......
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    phoenix upgrades are better... these cant improve quality at all.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Yeah this seems like a step back from the 5 Phoenix Prize Packs which for me ended-up being 5 Greens so transformed into upgrades so this is less than yesterday. I thought with Cryptic's giveaways they try to end on a high note? Then again free is free & these 2 upgrades I'm sure will eventually help-out down the road. Now 1 or 2 "Ultimate" account upgrades would've been a spectacular end to the giveaway & a generous surprise which is why it probably didn't happen lol.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    No, not Ultimate or even Mucho Grande Upgrades. Better than Romulan though. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    Thank you for these gifts!!
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    I didn't see an official thread for the bank and inventory slots, so I'm posting this here.

There's no reason for the "Anniversary Services Giveaway" pack to be bound to character. It should be bound to account so that we can give it to the character who needs the inventory and bank slots the most. Now, we're stuck with opening the box on whichever character we happened to claim it on.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Same here,since this thread for the previous giveaway wasn't closed with a new one created I'll just post here. Today's anniversary giveaway was a big surprise to me. I thought yesterday was it & it was luke-warm imo. Today's 12 Inventory & Bank slots are well done & appreciated Cryptic. Sure it is only for 1 character but that still helps that character & an account overall. Thanks again for the extra day, imo, surprise gift.
This discussion has been closed.