test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Adopt a Tardigrade in the Lobi Store!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The time has come for the wonderful creatures of the Tardigrade Adoption Agency to come home to you. You'll be able to get all five of them in the Lobi Store starting tomorrow on PC!

And yes, everyone who participated in the Adoption Agency will receive a code for their Tardigrade in an upcoming email.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11073623

Comments

• sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    What about the people who did the email adoption?

Edit: Did not read last line, oops! You may want to let people on FB and Twitter post the same thing, it does not mention a code.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I love to collect these pets....they are so much fun!!!. However, have no room anymore for pets and would have to really consider my inventory needs more carefully.

Why is this the only MMO that does not dwell much in improving quality of play? A new pet tab has been asked for several years and yet in a nutshell de-prioritized to last place?
    There is new management in place and wonder if they are looking at inventory tabs as a money maker? We have already expanded player level ceiling and this game play still does look in some degrees limited. If any devs reading this please reconsider since it is a real money maker to add to any sort of inventory for anything (pets/R&D/whatever).

This is economy 101 and quite easy to make a GREAT profit if you sell those tabs in the C-Store.

Love for the PET TABs!!! tiger-2.gif​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    sukhothai wrote: »

Edit: Did not read last line, oops! You may want to let people on FB and Twitter post the same thing, it does not mention a code.

Kael already made posts on social media with the clarification. ;)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Darn it. Signed up, but never did get an email about it. Had I been thinking ahead and considered we might get a code out of it, I'd have looked into it more. Oops.

Congrats to all new tardigrade parents. :)
    sukhothai wrote: »

Kael already made posts on social media with the clarification. ;)

FB post mentions nothing about an email code.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Huh, well that stinks. I asked when the whole adoption thing first appeared if this would lead to them being in game and was told they would not, so I didn't bother.

Now it turns out they WILL be in game, and I should have bothered. Thanks for not being totally forthcoming.

Oh well. :(

And I agree, we really need a pet tab. I have too many pets taking up space in my inventory as it is, I really don't need more.

Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Arty!!! Come home to mama.... (dinner's on, honey!!!)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    This is nice, I guess, but which tardigrade is which in the article image?

I ask because I see the one with the party hat and can't help but think that that one must be Party, but Party is listed third: "... Smarty, Skipper, Party, Arty, or the Lieutenant?" but in the image is the fourth in line.

Also, I *did* do the adoption thing, and I got Skipper. Skipper is shown as blue in the e-mails and the single blue tardigrade shown is the last in the line of five, but Skipper's name is listed second.

So for all such things, I, for one, would appreciate it if the images and names lined up.

Additionally, add my name to the list of those players wishing for a "Kennel" tab of some sort wherein we could keep all of our pets.

I wouldn't care if it was a single slot to start with extra slots available in the C-store, but by forcing us to use inventory slots to hold pets I, and I know that I am not alone, am very selective when it comes to pets.

Open up the inventory and I think more people would be more willing to buy more pets. I know that I would be. Not only more different pets but even different versions of the same pets.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    I have no interest in NON-combat pets; my storage is already at a premium. Now if Cryptic made a COMBAT version of the tardigrade, I would actually spend Lobi for that... ^^
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Yeah a non-combat pet is definitely not worth any lobi. I mean, heck, it is a combat-pet in the Discovery tutorial mission after all. It would definitely be a nice quality of life improvement for STO if there was a "Pet Tab". This was nice as a "fluff" piece & now will be a little extra nice with a more variety of tardigrades plodding about.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    I have no interest in NON-combat pets; my storage is already at a premium. Now if Cryptic made a COMBAT version of the tardigrade, I would actually spend Lobi for that... ^^

From that one cut scene, they can fight prey good. :o:#
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Thank you for doing this.

I know some people aren't fans of Lobi, but there's a lot of other pets running around in the Lobi store for them to play with.

I'll probably stick with the Tardigrade that I got from the 'adoption agency', but at least I have the option to get the others if/when I want them for my characters.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Huh, well that stinks. I asked when the whole adoption thing first appeared if this would lead to them being in game and was told they would not, so I didn't bother.

Now it turns out they WILL be in game, and I should have bothered. Thanks for not being totally forthcoming.

Oh well. :(

And I agree, we really need a pet tab. I have too many pets taking up space in my inventory as it is, I really don't need more.

Would be nice if it popped up again (the chance for those who did not participate earlier), maybe when part 2 (or part 3) of the three part Season.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User

From that one cut scene, they can fight prey good. :o:#

Not just in the cutscene. In the series, Ripper pretty much no-sells everything Starfleet and a boarding team of Klingons throw at him. He can also cut through metal bulkheads and use the jeffery tubes/vents and even the ceiling to get to those he wants dead.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    WOW! That was fast, I just got my code!
  • nobbler#9150 nobbler Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Now if only the code supplied actually worked. Try again tomorrow, I guess.
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    Now if only the code supplied actually worked. Try again tomorrow, I guess.

Yeah i'm assuming its not usable until the update is pushed. After all it hasn't been implemented yet in-game

Though they should have made that much clearer in the email tbh
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    I was not expecting these to go anywhere. I was just enjoying the mini story of Smarty.

Now we just the DOff version.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Now I'm pissed I got Smarty, the ugliest of the bunch...

EDIT: Ok, maybe I was a little too fast and/or harsh on my criticisms. From some of the pictures, other tardigrades look even worse.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    Yay free Artygrade
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    I actually did the Tardigrade adoption and got party tardirade. I had forgotten i turned off the email feed from sto a while ago and turned it back on last week. so now i get emails from him,
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Got my code, too, so those of you who went through the "adoption process" might want to check.

Should be able to claim your tardigrade first thing after the patch.

Will the codes expire?
  • harrisjohnhharrisjohnh Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    My code was accepted. Does that mean Party will be there after the update, or will I have to put in the code again?
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    The likelyhood is we will have to put the code back in again tomorrow once its live.
  • hamishmacdoogalhamishmacdoogal Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I must agree with many of the other posts. Every summer/winter event offers multiple pets in addition to the offerings of the Lobi store. There is not enough storage for them and after awhile the value of that resource counters the desire to acquire them. A very UN-Ferengi business strategy for a Lobi consortium.
    A pet tab inventory would be good, and a place to let them run around together in my ship's science lab would be even better - I mean, we ARE raising the event ones with our science officer duty missions after all - what better place to house them? Dr. Phlox would be thrilled!
  • roamingmuttroamingmutt Member Posts: 117 Arc User

And yes, everyone who participated in the Adoption Agency will receive a code for their Tardigrade in an upcoming email.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11073623[/quote]

Is the code working for anyone? Mine isn't
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11073623

Is the code working for anyone? Mine isn't[/quote]

On Twitter ......

Star Trek Online

Verified account

@trekonlinegame
    4h4 hours ago
    More
    If your Tardigrade code isn't working, try again tomorrow after the update.
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    My code was accepted after the second try so will report back later if my new 'Lieutenant' is standing by.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    My code was accepted on the second try.

Where would I look for my new Tardigrade?
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    My code was accepted on the second try.

Where would I look for my new Tardigrade?

It will be available to you after the patch
This discussion has been closed.