test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Glitch with separating and reconnecting the saucer section on the Exploration Cruiser Retrofit

Whenever I am in a space battle with the Exploration Cruiser Retrofit, the ship glitches out and I am unable to reconnect the saucer section after the battle. However if I separate and reconnect without doing a space battle, like in the Sol System it will work.

Comments

• alex475#7263 alex475 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    > @captainpicard30#5572 said:
    > Whenever I am in a space battle with the Exploration Cruiser Retrofit, the ship glitches out and I am unable to reconnect the saucer section after the battle. However if I separate and reconnect without doing a space battle, like in the Sol System it will work.

I reported that in 2017 I believe, even went to the trouble of making a video showing what was happening, but it was just a waste of my time.

On PS4 at least, which is the version of the game I have, all saucer separation ships have the same bug, that includes the Odyssey series T5 and T6, the Galaxy class series, the Andromeda and the Yamato, none of this ships work properly with the saucer separation, I know that for certain because I have all of them.

Actually, the problem seems to be with toggle separation consoles, like the Pathfinder shuttle, which doesn't work properly either, you can activate the shuttle and call it back to the ship, if you're out of combat, but in combat it is just like the saucer separation, it will never reconnect again, and the only way to get the shuttle or saucer back is by leaving space combat, or try to get out of combat stance, so you can literally remove the separation console from the console slot.

I remember I went in great detail explaining what was happening, in my original post, but it was just a waste of time and they basically said it's been fixed, deal with it. But the problem is currently active and has been since the game released on the PS4 version, end of 2016 I believe , starting with the Odyssey
  • alex475#7263 alex475 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Once again, the problem have completely been ignored.

Should at least add a warning for people on the C-store looking to buy this ships: "The saucer separation is a cool feature, it just does not work properly", than people would at least know beforehand what they were buying.