test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[STOPC] Ninth Anniversary Events!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
It's almost time for our Ninth Anniversary Celebration on PC! Take a look at the events you can participate in, and some of the new rewards you can earn!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11070993

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    AAAAALLLLLLRRRIIIGGHHTTT! Party Poppers with balloons!!!! My favorite. :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Gawd, I need to sleep.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Even more of that felgercarb being added to the game!! :(
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    "From January 23rd to February 11th, you can take part in our annual anniversary festivities!"
    Are those dates correct, Wednesday to Monday? Just wondering.
  • matthewfelixmatthewfelix Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    It also seems to be rather short for an Anniversary event at 20 days between the January 23rd and February 11th. This means without doing the two new missions, you can only get 800 vouchers at 40/day and normally the events last long enough to be able to get the ship without doing something for the extra 400 to allow for times where someone misses a day for one reason or another...if I recall previous events like this lasted longer since it takes 25 days to get 1000 vouchers at 40/day (unless they are changing the amount we get each day.)
    And instead of one new mission that gives up a bonus of 400 vouchers, we have 2 missions to get an extra 200, which is actually nice in that its two missions instead of one that is being added, but can't really say if that is good without playing the missions since they might be long or short, and they could be somewhere between awesomely enjoyable or annoying nightmare due to bugs that haven't been fixed yet... right now we have no clue how these missions will play out.
    Even with both missions to get the bonus 400 vouchers, you still need to get 600 more of the vouchers which will take 15 days. So you can only miss 5 days or pay to get more vouchers out of random boxes from the C-store (which might be there intention to turn the events like this into cash grabs to get the new ships/items/whatever.)
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    I was really hoping for something more enjoyable than that devil's spawn called Omega game.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    The first year we had the Omega game, I burned out on it. I have never recovered. I keep trying to give it a shot every year, but between the burnout and the problems with the Omega game itself (lag, the way it skips, how it seems to end early 90% of the time) I maybe get thru 2-3 days before I just let the timer run out. I'd rather do Q's Hide and Seek game at the Academy for credit towards the ship project, that one is more enjoyable.

The Omega Upgrades are great and all, but I just can't be bothered trying for those anymore, especially when the Phoenix Upgrades are around several times a year.

Oh well, I do look forward to the new missions. I have to agree that making us run 2 missions to get the 400 vouchers this year seems a bit odd. Let's hope the missions are short and relatively bug free.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure the date is wrong. Should say 21st not 11th. Last 4 years have been 1 month events.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• matthewfelixmatthewfelix Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure the date is wrong. Should say 21st not 11th. Last 4 years have been 1 month events.

That would have been what I expected. But until we hear otherwise we can't assume that is what is meant. They may be intentionally shortening the event.
    I don't mind the Omega game...I am not real good at it.

Though, I think my Fleet Leader told me the year before to use my mouse and not my keyboard, last year, I watched a video that showed how to do it with a mouse. Actually, seeing someone doing it on You Tube made it stick. LOL!

Anyhoo...I got better at it but still haven't maxed it...so I am going to keep trying.

I notice more I repeat it...the better I get at it. Though, sometimes that pattern is difficult not to botch as it starts slow and speeds up and speeds up. And it takes me a while to perfect moving from the bottom row to the top row and back to the bottom row, smoothly. I always thought the skipping was part of the game...if I miss too many of the particles at the slower levels, it starts to cut me off. LOL!

• anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    Last year I was having a TRIBBLE of a time trying to do both events. I was not able to complete any Rep Projects for the 2017 or 2018 projects, and did not garner enough Omega bits to make an upgrade kit. I am hopeful this year will go better.
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Eureka!!! I found the video I watched last year that helped me with this Omega Particle game:

https://youtu.be/CECA_vep2kI

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Eureka!!! I found the video I watched last year that helped me with this Omega Particle game:

https://youtu.be/CECA_vep2kI
    If you want to practice one of the mini games at the Dranuur colony is basically the same thing.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited January 2019
    If you want to practice one of the mini games at the Dranuur colony is basically the same thing.

Hmmmm...let me see. Practice and get Omega parts and pieces....or practice and end up with a bunch of Colony provisions???

Thanks, but, if you don't mind, I think I will wait.

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Will andorian surface be sorted as a better location?

The spots are usually way too spread out, miles from the beam in point and will often bug out giving zero reward if they don't simply despawn as you find them.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Look out, the party popper's ship uses tractor beams to pull in dead flies.

Apparently it uses dead flies as sheilding to protect the balloon sarcophagus ships from Discoverse's Tardigrade pets!
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    The particle game seems better this year, so far. I wasn't getting the jumpiness at the particle collapsed messages.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    How can I start new missions, not available?
    There are no happy anniversary flags on ESD this year?
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I want to give two big thumbs up for the personal endeavors. I really enjoy this. When I saw that it was account unlock I was completely sold and will be grinding this regularly.

I thought it was a bit strange that you can only spend points on random traits that come up each day.

Overall it's the biggest addition to the game for me in many years.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    The particle game seems better this year, so far. I wasn't getting the jumpiness at the particle collapsed messages.

The leap forward is still there.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User

And just the opposite for me. The game skips, ends early and I had to run the game 3 times on Vulcan before it finally counted. Not bothering to do the Omega 'game' any more than I have to to get the ship.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    iamynaught wrote: »

And just the opposite for me. The game skips, ends early and I had to run the game 3 times on Vulcan before it finally counted. Not bothering to do the Omega 'game' any more than I have to to get the ship.

Yeah, disregard that. It was good... on my Klingon. Switched to a Fed and ESD was just as absolutely awful as ever with the low framerate and pauses at Molecule Destroyed messages. Vulcan and K-7 were somewhat better.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • botanybangbotanybang Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    just came back to the game... now it seems you have to skip to the anniversary missions, which means I can only slot this year's ship project, but not finish it, as it's not a featured ebisode, and my not yet lvl 50 can't skip to it... and to add to all of that, I have two old projects to complete... as good as the omega upgrades are, it's a horrible mission for earning the anniversary ship. I'm already working two RL jobs, can't handle a third.
  • chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    is the party patrol from Q cancelled this year or is Q playing tricks on us again
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
  • merkestrelmerkestrel Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I think they forgot to enable "Party Patrol" this year.
  • njodeath#7166 njodeath Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Well just finished the whole discovery arc including the TFO only then would the mission for the 200 vouchers let me hail it. So hopefully everyone is close to finishing it and pray you can get a team for the TFO. A lot of work this year to get the ship.
    botanybang wrote: »
    just came back to the game... now it seems you have to skip to the anniversary missions, which means I can only slot this year's ship project, but not finish it, as it's not a featured ebisode, and my not yet lvl 50 can't skip to it... and to add to all of that, I have two old projects to complete... as good as the omega upgrades are, it's a horrible mission for earning the anniversary ship. I'm already working two RL jobs, can't handle a third.

Just this past weekend I skipped all the way to the end of the episodes on a level 3 character. She got to 3.85 by doing the 8 total missions that a plain Starfleet character cannot skip. The last of those is Kobali Front in the Delta Quadrant arc. All but Supply Woes in the Solanae Dyson Sphere arc are just going someplace (simple since mission transwarps are now free) and talk to someone, or a few people there. If doing all of them takes you more than about 30 minutes, I would be very surprised.
    Well just finished the whole discovery arc including the TFO only then would the mission for the 200 vouchers let me hail it. So hopefully everyone is close to finishing it and pray you can get a team for the TFO. A lot of work this year to get the ship.

Or you could just skip those, including the TFO mission. If that option isn't showing up for your character, go back and skip any earlier TFO missions, particularly the New Romulus arc one, as that one seems to like to block you from doing later missions.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    chanfron66 wrote: »
    is the party patrol from Q cancelled this year or is Q playing tricks on us again

Yeah. I was wondering about that, too. :/
    https://arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1246497/party-patrol-and-mini-qs-missing-at-the-academy
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    This patching process is taking for ages, it looks like the patch is around 5.4GB.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • r1ck3nr1ck3n Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Why cant i hail these new missions for the anniversary ships? Im lvl 65