test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

overflow bag

locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
now it seems you cant buy or replicate anything with anything in your overflow bag. even if you have open inventory slots. anyone else having this problem ?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    I have not checked it, myself. But, if you have the open inventory slots, why not just remove the item from the overflow bag?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    I noticed this as well and brought it to the team's attention.

vVFJ4Ql.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Non-combat Shuttle Pets will automatically go in there regardless of how much room you have in Inventory.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    jslyn wrote: »
    I have not checked it, myself. But, if you have the open inventory slots, why not just remove the item from the overflow bag?

If you get prisoners/colonists you cannot accomodate they'll jump to the overflow but cannot be taken out until you make space in your roster.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    If you get prisoners/colonists you cannot accomodate they'll jump to the overflow but cannot be taken out until you make space in your roster.
    Which isn't hard to do.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • w00qw00q Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    All I can say is that this "Overflow Bag" issue is preventing me from enjoying my STO experience.
    It feels quite constraining, holding you back from having fun in STO :(
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    Actually, I've had things go in the overflow and not be able to get them back out for days; no idea why. Tried opening the bag in sector space, ground, social hubs, ship bridge, no luck. IMO this is related to the delayed resource counting in the fleet projects I have also been seeing lately. Dump resources into a project, the resources disappear from inventory, and then nothing changes on the completion meter! Seconds or minutes later, the project sows the contribution, but usually after opening another project tab first. Weird...
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    If you have trouble opening the Overflow Bag, type the command /lootcancel in chat, then open the Overflow Bag.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • dless#7543 dless Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    Which isn't hard to do.

You can run a doff mission to Relocate or Deport Colonists which will remove 5 colonists from your roster. To do that you have to have Provisions and Medical Supplies, which you can't replicate when your overflow bag is full.

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Actually, I've had things go in the overflow and not be able to get them back out for days; no idea why. Tried opening the bag in sector space, ground, social hubs, ship bridge, no luck. IMO this is related to the delayed resource counting in the fleet projects I have also been seeing lately. Dump resources into a project, the resources disappear from inventory, and then nothing changes on the completion meter! Seconds or minutes later, the project sows the contribution, but usually after opening another project tab first. Weird...

IF you're having problems with this. Which if you're trying to open it, and it it won't, it's locked in the loot window phase. The window that opens when you open a R&D box, or doff box, that tells you what you got. To get by this use the chat command /lootcancel
    It will cancel that out, thus allowing you to access you overflow bag.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The need to use /lootcancel to open the overflow has been around for way too long.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @dless#7543 said:
    > markhawkman wrote: »
    >
    > xyquarze wrote: »
    >
    > jslyn wrote: »
    >
    > I have not checked it, myself. But, if you have the open inventory slots, why not just remove the item from the overflow bag?
    >
    >
    >
    > If you get prisoners/colonists you cannot accomodate they'll jump to the overflow but cannot be taken out until you make space in your roster.
    >
    >
    >
    > Which isn't hard to do.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You can run a doff mission to Relocate or Deport Colonists which will remove 5 colonists from your roster. To do that you have to have Provisions and Medical Supplies, which you can't replicate when your overflow bag is full.

Or you can open your fleet tab and see if your fleet has "Coordinate Colonization Efforts" open which takes 70 civillian doffs including colonists and prisoners, or you can just sell them on the exchange.
    Or just open the doff list and dismiss them. Also... you're allowed to directly discard things that are in overflow.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,713 Community Moderator
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    None of those things work on stuff which is perma-stuck in there, like injuries, mysterious black squares, or redundant Tovan Khevs, which cannot be removed.

If that's still a thing then you need to file a bug report in the forum here and include screenshots/video to demonstrate it. Also consider putting in a GM ticket. Contrary to popular belief they do exist and can help with these sorts of things, but only if the proper procedures are taken care of.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    The need to use /lootcancel to open the overflow has been around for way too long.

Lots of broken things go unfixed, this joins my list. Thanks to those who posted the work-around, though! B)

Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
This discussion has been closed.