test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Last Days of the Dewans accolade

grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
I'm in the process of completing old accolades that are still in my log to complete. The only problem so far is the Last Days of the Dewans accolade from overgrown caves on New Romulus. Every time I do this mission the tablet on the wall in the cave is always the same or is one I have already have credit for. Is this accolade broken. Any help would be appreciated
Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Just done the mission for the first time with my sister and have the same question .... can't we get an answer from someone please ....

Thanks!
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    If it's random like the wiki says, then RNG is probably just not in your favour.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    It's not broken, it's just random, unfortunately. You just have to keep at it. I've managed to earn it on only a handful of characters, but it pretty much requires dedicated running of the mission repeatedly to finally get them all.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    my JHD only has part 2 of this... this is from the overgrown caves... circle tablet on wall in cave passageway.
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Wow....I did NOT know there were 8 of them? I didn't even think about it, just ran the mission, read the tablet, moved on. I guess in hindsite across all my characters, I guess I DID see different tablets. HMMMMMM....things to do.....

But yes looking at the Wiki, there are the 8 tablets, all random. So each time you run the mission your chance of seeing a particular tablet is 16.66%. Doesn't matter if you do it 8 times or 800, its always a 1 in 8 chance. So I guess just keep trying?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Maybe you could enter, read them, leave and read them again?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Maybe you could enter, read them, leave and read them again?
    I'm not sure it's been years since I did it, but IIRC you need to read it, leave, (possibly) drop the mission, wait some 5-15 minutes for the instance to reset then go in the mission again to get a new (random) tablet. If you go back in too fast, it will put you in the same instance you left and it will be the same tablet every time.

The same thing practically every mission with random elements.
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Unless they fixed it, the mission has a 20 hour cooldown. Does that get tripped if you drop the mission and restart it? I've never tried so don't know.
  • psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    It's not broken, it's just random, unfortunately. You just have to keep at it. I've managed to earn it on only a handful of characters, but it pretty much requires dedicated running of the mission repeatedly to finally get them all.

I actually got 2 different location on a character that never did the quest and it would not go through with the translation to get credit for the accolade. I know this is suppose to be 8 random locations, but you are not getting credit for them on a new character, then it is probably a bug.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Unless they fixed it, the mission has a 20 hour cooldown. Does that get tripped if you drop the mission and restart it? I've never tried so don't know.
    Maybe, I don't remember. Last I did it was in, like, 2013. You don't necessarily have to drop the mission, but definitely do need to wait a while before going back in to reset it.
This discussion has been closed.