test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thank you for the T5 Ships

nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
I don't have any carriers yet. looking forward to playing them and by most accounts the Karfi is a good one.. only one thing.. the atrox.. USS Lusitanina? really? didn' that ship go down with all hands or something? talk about bad ju ju.. someone really needs to have a talk with the LT at the shipyards who assigns names.... what next, titanic?
u7acy6aymfw7.gif
We Need BERETS in the tailor
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    The Kar'Fi is a fun carrier to fly. I already have it for several KDF alts but I'm glad to see everyone else getting a chance to try it. Now the chorus asking for a T6 version will grow louder!

Much thanks for the Atrox and Ark'kif which I don't have.
  • jimduval#7537 jimduval Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Agreed in full here. All my toons have a ship they otherwise had difficulty to get hold of :) am really amazed by this gift, they are t5/u after all plus from now on the fleet versions will be cheaper so they give big this time imo and am really happy *applauds to cryptic/pwe*
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The Kar'Fi is a fun carrier to fly. I already have it for several KDF alts but I'm glad to see everyone else getting a chance to try it. Now the chorus asking for a T6 version will grow louder!
    At this point I would expect the T6 version will be a winter event ship one of these years.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    At this point I would expect the T6 version will be a winter event ship one of these years.

Yep, but that's reason enough to say we want it from the event before other ships like raiders. Please Cryptic, make it the ship for Winter 2019-20.

• woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    Heartfelt Thank You. LLAP
    Leipzig University, 1409-2409
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Already had all of them, but any giveaway is nice.
    Better luck next time.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    I was telling my friend she should claim them since she is pretty new to STO, but she tells me when she tries to claim them for her account all it does it tell her she doesn't meet the requirements.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    She is correct, you need to be level 50 to claim the ships.

If she doesn't have the level, she can create a Jem'Hadar and use them to claim the ships since they start at level 65. They can't claim the Romulan ship, but they can get the Fed and KDF ships.

She has until Monday to hit 50 if she wants the Romulan Ship.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    I coulda swore there was a system in place to claim them even if you weren't the level, for these giveaways. Maybe I'm just thinking of something else then...
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    TBH if you do a hardcore game session and you stay on top of doff missions you can go 1-50 in a day and a half.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Roll a jem, align to fed and claim the atrox. Repeat with KDF for the kar'fi and that means you only need to spend time levelling the romulan.

If character slots are tight remember to do the jems first as once unlocked the ships can be reclaimed on any characters in the future from the respective faction so you can delete them to make room.
  • maimikadomaimikado Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I noticed when i got the rumulan ship it went in to my inventory as a box to be opened I thought that was odd, so maybe you can claim the romulan ship before 50 and just cant open the box until 50?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    maimikado wrote: »
    I noticed when i got the rumulan ship it went in to my inventory as a box to be opened I thought that was odd, so maybe you can claim the romulan ship before 50 and just cant open the box until 50?
    It's worth trying, but sometimes it won't let you get the box at all.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg

Unfortunately, that won't work.

Ships under T6 go into your inventory as a box. T6 ships don't do this.. not sure why.

Either way, when you go to claim it from the store it will not be available and it will just say 'Your character cannot use this item' with no explanation.

The easiest way really is to just make a Jem, ally with Fed, claim the Atrox.. delete the character and do the same to claim the KDF Ship.

Unfortunately, that won't work.

Ships under T6 go into your inventory as a box. T6 ships don't do this.. not sure why.

Either way, when you go to claim it from the store it will not be available and it will just say 'Your character cannot use this item' with no explanation.

The easiest way really is to just make a Jem, ally with Fed, claim the Atrox.. delete the character and do the same to claim the KDF Ship.

Yeah, I told her about that and I think she is just going to do that.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    The problem is the Romulan one, my son has no leveled Romulan… he is trying to level her as quick as he can..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    They really need to re-think this rule.

The rule is put into place to protect people from their own stupidity. Cryptic doesn't want to get tickets from people who bought T5 or T6 ships at a low level thinking they can use the ship anytime, so they put this system in place so you can't purchase an item unless you can actually use it.

It's a sound concept in principal, but it does suck for things like this where players might not be a high enough level to claim give away items. It would be nice if they could find a way to bypass this rule during give away windows so that people can get the items. Everyone that's playing should be able to get the items, not just those of a certain level.

Unfortunately, it's been in issue for quite some time and they have shown no interest in doing anything about it.
  • forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    If there is some EC available to be spent, don't forget you can buy both XP bonus pools and Research Assignments on the Exchange, to speed levelling a new captain.

Some bonus XP pools and the story missions alone (done quickly) should level you pretty quick though.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    Tell her to make a Jem’Hadar so she can claim one after she finishes the short tutorial
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    It was a very nice gift to be sure.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Thanks Cryptic ... I needed 2 of the 3 ships so I'm very grateful for this gift..... Thanks!
  • w00qw00q Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Thank you, Cryptic!
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    I did not even notice that the event was going on. I did get to pick up the Kar'Fi today since I only claimed it with my free per character token back in the day. So what items did I miss since the start of the Giveaway? I was told in-game that day 1 was the Jem'Hadar Vanguard uniform. (Already Have it) Day 2 and 3 were both Mining vouchers. (No big loss if this is the case)
    Day 4 are the T5 Carriers. (I had 2 out of the 3 so the account wide unlock of the Kar'Fi was huge for my KDF Characters!)

All in all, Thanks for the gifts!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    errab wrote: »
    I did not even notice that the event was going on. I did get to pick up the Kar'Fi today since I only claimed it with my free per character token back in the day. So what items did I miss since the start of the Giveaway? I was told in-game that day 1 was the Jem'Hadar Vanguard uniform. (Already Have it) Day 2 and 3 were both Mining vouchers. (No big loss if this is the case)
    Day 4 are the T5 Carriers. (I had 2 out of the 3 so the account wide unlock of the Kar'Fi was huge for my KDF Characters!)

All in all, Thanks for the gifts!

@errab
    Day 1 JH tactical uniform
    Day 2 Two Dilithium vouchers
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    The ships are Day 3 and Day 4 (until Monday 21 at 10am)?

Yes.
    Probably one more give away on monday and then start of anniversary event on Tuesday.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    No, No, No. THIS is how you speak to your gratitude of getting a free spaceship!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA6ehndc6co
    :p
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Yes.
    Probably one more give away on monday and then start of anniversary event on Tuesday.

Actually, the anniversary drops on Wednesday, so we have 2 more days (3 if they finish it on Wednesday).

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Just... don't be too disappointed if it turns out that they simply started late, and 3 rounds of freebies is all we get this year.

Still beats a poke in the eye with a sharp phaser!
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Just... don't be too disappointed if it turns out that they simply started late, and 3 rounds of freebies is all we get this year.

Still beats a poke in the eye with a sharp phaser!

~blinks~ They GOT sharp phasers? o.O
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.