test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Non STO Forums

sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
So I am having a problem. I know this probably does not go in STO General Discussions, but I cannot access any of the game forums or ARC forums. I tried submitting a ticket, but all they did was give two different emails that did not work or I got no response from. Who do I talk to about why I cannot access the other games forums?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Make sure you're logged into Arc at the top right, instead of just the STO forums (middle left). It's possible to just be just signed into the STO forums, though they've made it harder to do.

Failing that, if you can access Arc Support file it there. If you can't try the bug forums, though they don't have a category bugs of the forum itself nor Arc, they might be able to forward the issue request somehow.
  • sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    I have logged on through Arc Forums and I still can only access STO, and I also sent in two different bug reports and they told me to contact Arc through two emails, (PWE.Community@perfectworld.com and customerservice@perfectworld.com) and no response. It has been over 2 weeks.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Try accessing the other forums from here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/social/forum

Hope this helps.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Try accessing the other forums from here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/social/forum

Hope this helps.

As I said in my first post, I cannot access the forums through Arc, and the link would not let me create any post.
    edited January 2019
    Running any new Adblocker or other new or updated plugins/extensions? Those sometimes cause issues.

I'm able to see and comment on the other Arc forums, even though I don't play any of them, using Firefox on Windows 10. What browser/OS are you trying them from?

Edit: Chrome Mobile on Android I had the trouble I mentioned in the first reply, and fixed via signing into Arc. Make doubly sure you don't have 'Sign in/register" at the top, which you can have even if the Sto forums are signed into.
    I don't play any of them but I can make a post in the other forums....just for being signed into ARC.

Get a hold of @ambassadorkael#6946 for a reset or reinitialization, or whatever they call it.

Or maybe @baddmoonrizin can...or maybe he can only do STO forums.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Internet Explorer and Windows 10
    edited January 2019
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Running any new Adblocker or other new or updated plugins/extensions? Those sometimes cause issues.

I'm able to see and comment on the other Arc forums, even though I don't play any of them, using Firefox on Windows 10. What browser/OS are you trying them from?

Edit: Chrome Mobile on Android I had the trouble I mentioned in the first reply, and fixed via signing into Arc. Make doubly sure you don't have 'Sign in/register" at the top, which you can have even if the Sto forums are signed into.

I do have the "Sign in/register" how do I get rid of that?

Edit: I even tried accessing the forums through the Arc App and still the same results.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    which forum are you trying to access?
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
    nixie50 wrote: »
    which forum are you trying to access?

Champions Online and Neverwinter, mostly. But I tried the other ones just in case and same thing.
    sukhothai wrote: »

Click on "Sign in" and it will ask you for your name and password. Via Arc. and you have to go get the ARC Defender pass code from your e-mail box.

It seems to be some sort of disconnect between what ARC sees and what Vanilla sees, it happens to me quite a bit.

• nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    the direct link to each forum is https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/(Name of the game )#/categories
    the name of the game run together like forsakenworld or startrekonline
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor

Click on "Sign in" and it will ask you for your name and password. Via Arc. and you have to go get the ARC Defender pass code from your e-mail box.

It seems to be some sort of disconnect between what ARC sees and what Vanilla sees, it happens to me quite a bit.

I have logged in 5 times already in the last 2 hours and have not gotten no pass code.
    edited January 2019
    I have logged in 5 times already in the last 2 hours and have not gotten no pass code.

You are not getting the pass code in your e-mail...or do you mean you have Arc Defender disabled so you never get pass codes??? Because you can disable it.

I sign in with my pass word on the Arc sign in page....then a little window pops up requesting I enter my Arc Defender pass code that got sent to my e-mail. Then I copy and paste the code in the e-mail and I am signed in.

You are not getting the pass code in your e-mail...or do you mean you have Arc Defender disabled so you never get pass codes??? Because you can disable it.

I sign in with my pass word on the Arc sign in page....then a little window pops up requesting I enter my Arc Defender pass code that got sent to my e-mail. Then I copy and paste the code in the e-mail and I am signed in.

I have not disabled anything, I don't even know how to disable defender.
    edited January 2019
    Hmmm... I would wait until Monday, and see if Ambassador Kael can help with this when he gets back to work.

It is odd that you can post in STO Forums....but not any of the other games!!!! And you are not receiving Arc Defender E-mails.

I've sent a message to both @ambassadorkael#6946 and @baddmoonrizin, hopefully one of them will help me.
    I sent emails, and no one got back to me! I even sent in another ticket, but they decide not to send my ticket to someone who could help me!
    You are still posting in this forum, though? How is that even happening?

Vanilla Forum is weird

• wingedhussar#7584 wingedhussar Member Posts: 436 Community Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Hi, @sukhothai. I'm going to try to duplicate your issue. In the meantime, do you have another browser you can try? Mozilla Firefox can be downloaded for free and works really well (not to mention it doesn't farm your data for Microsoft).

EDIT: Are you getting a pop-up at the bottom of your screen that says "your comment will be posted after it is approved"? Because that happened for me on Chrome.
    latest?cb=20171202101458

...THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!
    Volunteer community moderator for the Star Trek Online forums. Not a Cryptic Studios or Perfect World employee.
    Hi, @sukhothai. I'm going to try to duplicate your issue. In the meantime, do you have another browser you can try? Mozilla Firefox can be downloaded for free and works really well (not to mention it doesn't farm your data for Microsoft).

EDIT: Are you getting a pop-up at the bottom of your screen that says "your comment will be posted after it is approved"? Because that happened for me on Chrome.

I am only using internet explorer. I tried using google chrome, but my Internet Security started giving red alert notes.

Vanilla Forum is weird

I do not know.
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    Try downloading the game through Steam. Might be your only option
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
    monodoso wrote: »

It is not his game.
    He is talking about Arc not accessing the Vanilla forums for other games.

He can access STO Forums as in sign in and type posts...but not on Neverwinter Forums or Champions Forums.

• grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User

It is not his game.
    He is talking about Arc not accessing the Vanilla forums for other games.

He can access STO Forums as in sign in and type posts...but not on Neverwinter Forums or Champions Forums.

I stand corrected
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
    I stand corrected

No worries, monodoso! You were being helpful. :)

There really is no way to keep track of everything in General Discussion or Bug Reports. Or cross reference between the two. As long as people try to keep helping people...that is important.

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    Sorry, @sukhothai , I'm having the same issue as you and have so far been unable to find a solution, but I'm still looking.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Sorry, @sukhothai , I'm having the same issue as you and have so far been unable to find a solution, but I'm still looking.

At least I'm not the only one.

I am only using internet explorer. I tried using google chrome, but my Internet Security started giving red alert notes.

Vanilla Forum is weird

I do not know.

As much as it is disliked, to the point it's being retired by Microsoft, have you tried in Edge?

Also, try clearing your cache and cookies in Internet Explorer. It's been so long I don't know off the top of my head how to do that, so you'll have to search for directions.
    tom61sto wrote: »

Vanilla Forum is weird

I do not know.

As much as it is disliked, to the point it's being retired by Microsoft, have you tried in Edge?

Also, try clearing your cache and cookies in Internet Explorer. It's been so long I don't know off the top of my head how to do that, so you'll have to search for directions.

I tried using my phone to login to the other forums, and I get the same results.
This discussion has been closed.