test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Questions about the current state of things

esthariusestharius Member Posts: 10 Arc User
So it's been a few months, probably about 4 months since the last time I played and so much has changed. One thing that seems to have changed is doing episodes out of order. And I'm talking specifically about the episode arcs not the missions themselves. Last week I made a new character and started doing Future Proof instead of starting with Klingon War. At the time I made the character ALL of the arcs with bright and could be selected, but as of Thursday (1/17) most of the arcs turned grey and while I was able to finish the arc and got all the rewards for Future Proof a friend I brought along didn't get the rewards for the last two missions. Now he thinks that it's because we didn't do the arcs in order, I think it's just because he dc'd. I would like some clarity on why arcs like Yesterdays War and Iconian War are grey'd out now; are we being forced to do them in the order that they were released? Is something broken... AGAIN?!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    Um... pretty sure some arcs are supposed to be level locked. It's supposed to start up with the Klingon war. Not sure if what happened was some kind of bug or what, but yeah, not supposed to be doing late arcs before early ones, I don't think. That breaks the 'storyline' kinda.​​
  • jozen#9312 jozen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    There was a couple that I had to do an intro quest or actually complete the previous mission for
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    That was a decent thing that came with AoD: You can now skip everything. Really, everything, except the unlock missions for the queues, which, however, come much earlier in your story. You can now level without doing a single story mission, if you like, or you could start your career right in the middle of the Iconian War, if you liked. It's awesome.

I am pretty certain I still couldn't skip playing the Yesterday's War missions (was trying to skip all the way to New Rom because reputation). Also I cannot skip the "outsourced" Breen, 2800, Wasteland, and Spectres arcs on toons that haven't played them (which if true may be important for newer players when a FE replay rolls around and you couldn't get directly to the juicy mission).
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    If you've had a mission shared with you and are otherwise ineligible to do the mission the rewards you get for completion are... minimal at best. I think just xp and not as much of that.

that being said, the mission journal is insane right now and a lot of it isn't working right.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    xyquarze wrote: »
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    That was a decent thing that came with AoD: You can now skip everything. Really, everything, except the unlock missions for the queues, which, however, come much earlier in your story. You can now level without doing a single story mission, if you like, or you could start your career right in the middle of the Iconian War, if you liked. It's awesome.

I am pretty certain I still couldn't skip playing the Yesterday's War missions (was trying to skip all the way to New Rom because reputation). Also I cannot skip the "outsourced" Breen, 2800, Wasteland, and Spectres arcs on toons that haven't played them (which if true may be important for newer players when a FE replay rolls around and you couldn't get directly to the juicy mission).

There were skip buttons for all of the Yesterday's War missions for my Discovery character. More importantly, they come after New Romulus now, so you wouldn't need to skip them to get to that.
    tasshena wrote: »
    Um... pretty sure some arcs are supposed to be level locked. It's supposed to start up with the Klingon war. Not sure if what happened was some kind of bug or what, but yeah, not supposed to be doing late arcs before early ones, I don't think. That breaks the 'storyline' kinda.​​

The only missions that have level locks now are the ones in the Available tab.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • esthariusestharius Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. I poked around at my lvl 60+ toons and found that those same missions and arcs are indeed grey'd out. None of them can do Yesterdays War for instance and I know that at least one of them has not completed it, on top of that the ones that have completed it all of the missions say "Not Available To Replay". Yesterdays War isn't necessarily important but it's the one that comes to mind immediately. It's a little odd since I remember being able to jump from one arc to another.

As far as my friend not getting the reward I kinda figured that it would count him out with the DC. But again, thanks everyone for your feedback. I'll see what happens with my new toon and going through each arc in the order it's listed in.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    On old characters, you'll need to go through your Available tab and pick up and do Galaxy at Large, if it's a Starfleet character, and probably the handoff missions for the old Featured Episode series that got moved to the Available tab; Spectres, Cold War and Lost Dominion. You might also have to skip or do the TFO introduction missions in most of the main Journal categories.

I just rolled a new plain Starfleet character to test, and once you either finish the tutorial or do the missions at the Academy that give you the stuff that you would have gotten in the tutorial, you can skip all the way through from Stranded in Space through the TFO introduction that currently ends the Age of Discovery arc, with 8 exceptions. You have to do Heading Out, Lost and Found, Report on Borg Activities, New Romulus Aid, Circles Within Circles, Supply Woes, Escalation and The Kobali Front to move past them. Of those, Only Circles Within Circles has any combat, the rest are just going someplace (simple with the free transwarp to mission location that we have now) and talk to someone, or a few people, there. That character now has the entire Journal lit up and she's level 3.85ish. Level gates are now only a thing for those old Featured Episode series missions.

Edit: Maybe I should keep her and try to do the Journal missions backwards. :)
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
This discussion has been closed.