test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Notes from the latest weekly livestream

1235»

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I suspect Cryptic will get to ship interior improvements after exploration is done, and before the PVP revamp.

LOL! :-D
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    I do not find that amusing, Som. :unamused:

:smirk:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    I can't see that being a good idea. Player housing is something players can customize themselves, whereas a "Guild Hall" would either have customization dicated by the leadership positions or an endless argument about everything. Neither is particularly conducive to players spending money and/or ingame resources for customization.

Selfish is good.
    Fleet Holdings are about spending in-game resources for cosmetic unlocks, as well as new vendor options. And fleet holdings encourage working with others to do things like PVE queues and whatnot to get said resources. Player housing just drives people to go off on their own to get things to build for their own houses, which is fundamentally counter to the type of game STO is.
    No, Fleet Holdings are about getting stuff. They are not customizable at all (having to pay extra to unlock bits of the fixed graphics is not customization, you can't even toggle those bits on and off). They are no more housing than reps are, just because getting to the "store" button requires a loading screen or three.

And the only thing Fleet Holdings encourage is complaining about other people not giving enough dil. Nothing in the game has encouraged doing anything with others for years. Going off on your own to get stuff for yourself is exactly the type of game STO is. That you have to tolerate a bunch of randos doing the same in some content doesn't change that.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    You're probably right, Som.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.