test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RE: upcoming update - Academy terminals on New Romulus?

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
Per title.

Will we see the much needed Academy Terminals placed in New Romulus Command with the upcoming game update?

(These are the terminals that do the daily trivia and lore chip missions)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    No, and, IIRC, they have stated several times in the past that they will not add academy terminals to New Romulus Command ever.

LOL - source(s)?
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Apart from that I wouldn't know why this should suddenly be on the agenda after all these years where it didn't happen. Requesting it would be one thing, but you seem to somehow expect something along those lines sooner or later and I wonder what triggered this idea.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
    No, and, IIRC, they have stated several times in the past that they will not add academy terminals to New Romulus Command ever.

LOL - source(s)?
    Various interviews/Ten Forward Weeklies they have given over the years.

Hmm, I don't recall them ever saying that and I keep up with them pretty regularly. Maybe I just keep missing the ones where they say that. So color me skeptical.
    xyquarze wrote: »
    Apart from that I wouldn't know why this should suddenly be on the agenda after all these years where it didn't happen. Requesting it would be one thing, but you seem to somehow expect something along those lines sooner or later and I wonder what triggered this idea.

It's triggered everytime I play my Romulan characters and have to schlep halfway across the galaxy to do these dailies. When I was just on my HOME WORLD and should have access to them there.

I'm not asking for a Romulan Academy to be built, just copy/paste the terminals from Qo'nos and Earth academys into consoles inside New Romulus Command. Easy peasy. It would be a HUGE quality of life improvement for all Romulan characters.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    > Easy peasy. It would be a HUGE quality of life improvement for all Romulan characters.

1. You're not a Cryptic dev so you have no idea how easy it'd be.

2. In my opinion it'd be a minor improvement at best. My Romulan is hardly on the homeworld at all.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Only reason to ever go to NRC is to pick up the doff recruiting assignments, like, once or twice a week.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    should have a perma portal for roms to go btw new rom and alliance academy like during certain events.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Having a number of Roms, I agree with the OP, why should the Roms be the only ones without an Academy on their home world ? And some of us Rom players spend a lot of time on New Rom, doesn't matter if other players see no need to ever go there.

Since the Academy is where new recruits would go to learn things like, Chain of Command, weapons, tactics etc, Romulans not having their own Academy is what makes no sense. A Fed aligned Romulan gets sent to Starfleet Academy to learn all about Romulan ships, weapons, tactics etc ??? And a KDF aligned Rom goes to Qonos to learn all abut Romulan ships, weapons, tactics etc ??? Being Allied with them and being allowed to use their Allies ships, it makes perfect sense that Romulans can go to the Academies of their Allied faction. They have to learn all the ins and out of commanding a Fed/KDF ship. But where did they go to learn about their own ships ? I have yet to come up with any type of head canon argument to explain where my Romulan characters wentgo to learn all about their Romulan stuff, a Romulan Academy would be the perfect, common sense answer to that.

Thing main thing is, it never hurts to ask. Took years to happen but after asking for it enough, we finally got our own Security Officer on New Rom, maybe, just maybe, if we keep asking for it enough, the Devs will relent and give us our own Academy. Unless/until it get put into the FCT, asking for it on a regular basis keeps the subject current and fresh in the minds of the Devs so maybe one day one or more of them might say to themselves, hey, let's work on an Academy for New Rom.

LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I firmly agree...

I never liked the bastardization of the Romulans. I understand the technical justification given at the time but I have to wonder if the F2P model is so very good why was the core system not reworked after the switch if Cryptic was making so much bank? Surely it would have been a boon for the game and user experience and it has been several years now. Sadly we have the Jems on the same path. It actually sucks at times but I digress...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    arionisa wrote: »
    Since the Academy is where new recruits would go to learn things like, Chain of Command, weapons, tactics etc, Romulans not having their own Academy is what makes no sense. A Fed aligned Romulan gets sent to Starfleet Academy to learn all about Romulan ships, weapons, tactics etc ??? And a KDF aligned Rom goes to Qonos to learn all abut Romulan ships, weapons, tactics etc ???
    It's been a long time since I've done the romulan tutorial, but I'm pretty sure you get introduced to ships and stuff on the Flotilla, long before choosing an ally.

And in any case, nobody would learn about any ships in the academies, because all the ship NPCs are on ESD and the Qo'nos shipyard. The academies are pretty much just for doff stuff.

That NRC combines both ship and doff functions into the same map is an improvement. But of course, romulans still have to go to Sol/Qo'nos to pick up their allied doff assignements, so whatever.
    Thing main thing is, it never hurts to ask. Took years to happen but after asking for it enough, we finally got our own Security Officer on New Rom
    A security officer that gives Starfleet/KDF assignments. :p
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

The ultimate horror of it all to be sure.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
    warpangel wrote: »

I 'm fine with that. At least I can turn in contraband and drop off prisoners now.

Now if we could just get those academy terminals.... B)
    wont happen due to the nature of the quest/mission... it is not the same from kdf & fed. if they put consoles on new rom... roms can get 2 instances of the daily like with how they can recruit 2 sets of doffs. I recall my fed had a mission to go to Kronos to talk to some npc about duty officers.
    tigeraries wrote: »
    wont happen due to the nature of the quest/mission... it is not the same from kdf & fed. if they put consoles on new rom... roms can get 2 instances of the daily like with how they can recruit 2 sets of doffs. I recall my fed had a mission to go to Kronos to talk to some npc about duty officers.

Wrong.

Just as there are extra Security Officers on DS9 and there is no 'double dipping' of turning in contraband or prisoners. A copy/paste of the original academy terminal coding assures that the game recognizes only ONE turn-in a day, regardless of where you take the mission.
    ummm I have accolades pending completion for me visit KDF contacts... on my Fed. Coding on this game isnt all that special... game was never intended to have more than Feds... then they tacked on the KDF... etc.

DOFF event had a unique Rom DOFF pulled due to double dipping as well since they can already claim their alliance DOFF. Also look at the DOFF tiers... the rewards are the same across Fed & Rom and for KDF & Rom.

I am not saying it can't be done... but it's not simple to implement. main hours/programing hours cost vs benefit. you already need to run to alliance academy to recruit more doffs.

Frankly I hate moving around on maps... I would much prefer to access all npcs & consoles from drop down box. Why do I need to talk to em in person... can't I just call em up and submit the "paper" work?
This discussion has been closed.