test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Q's Winter Wonderland!

1234568»

Comments

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Now if only we can have a clown nose costume piece that glows (like a light bulb!) during the Winter Event. :)
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Now if only we can have a clown nose costume piece that glows (like a light bulb!) during the Winter Event. :)

Oh, you would need one of those hats with antlers on them, too.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    I can't believe the Hubby is asking me to take down my Christmas Tree and lights outside on the porch...and WW isn't even over. The nerve.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Oh yes. I ~love~ the caramel gun. ^_^ Very nice against packs of snowmen.

One time, you and me need to tackle some of them ourselves. ;)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    BTW.... Tides of Ice, alone....is fun! Someone was complaining about this.

Killing mobs of Snow Borg is exhilarating. Well, when one is not frozen in place. The turrets on top of the balcony and bridges step up as your back up...so it isn't all that bad. And at the end when the Snow Queen dissipates (no, I didn't have enough snow fire power to kill her, outright....I think, the timer just runs out), you get a nice pile of every ornament for your inventory.

I would do this, again.... For the Glory!!!!
    I will bring my candy cane bat'leth next time. LOL!

P.S. Krampus, on the other hand....the more the merrier. You need someone to keep that creature busy.

I personally prefer Tide of Ice with 5 or less people. The thing scales very well for low numbers and high numbers, but when you get between about 6 and 11 players, it gets chaotic. If you have 2 people with WW weapons, you should be good enough to take out all of the snowies that spawn. Maybe use some of the WW devices on the Queen.

I also did some experiments with running and the Kramp'Ihri pop-up. It turns out to be no problem hitting F to clear it when using the W Key for movement, either. The only movement method that had an issue on PC was auto-run, which I can't even get my head around using for that. I guess it would work, but it would pretty much leave you married to the run-and-roll method.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    Is the Fast and Flurrious track slipperier than the Fastest Game on Ice track?

I been practicing on Fast and Flurrious over and over for the last 45 mins....I swear that track doesn't act the same.

I hate rocks.

• jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Oh yes. I ~love~ the caramel gun. ^_^ Very nice against packs of snowmen.

One time, you and me need to tackle some of them ourselves. ;)

Holler next time ya see me in game! ^^
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Finally left winter wonderland. back to ESD. Collected all the ornaments I need in reserve.
    What do you mean, you are back to ESD....there is still a good week left!! LOL!
    I am running around in circles practicing The Fast and the Flurrious race track.

Stay out the way of the little Ferengi...she is trying to get the flow.

I am all done with my goals for winter wonderland with DOFF assignments, no need to stay another week.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Shoot, I'm gonna milk WW for all I can get. XD So many wintery goodies, so few ornaments ... o.o
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I probably have about 10,000+ total with all having at least 1500 each and a few with 2000+. This year all I did was the Fastest on one Character to unlock the ship and then the post-unlock Fastest on that Character and my new Discovery Character for Marks.

Other than that I have only done the Doff Missions. With the Ornaments I have all my Characters have an ample supply to get anything necessary from the Store.

Unlike the Summer Event where my 22,000+ Lohlunats would hardly make a dent in getting non-Cosmetic items for all the Characters and Boffs.

Winter is far far more reasonable in costs for Specialty Store Items.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    During the Risa event, only one of my toons goes to risa for that very reason, I know i cant grind out that many favors due to jobs and other off game activities.
    edited January 2019
    Last night, I was running the Fastest Game on Ice with my Romulan during the Snowball Fight.

The Overlord was on the lake. When that happens all players hit the ice....leaving a bunch of straggler Snowmen wandering the rest of the map. Inevitably, they end up on the race track.

I hit the first one, head on...right in the middle of the track. It went down flat. LOL!
    No shooting, no slowing me down. Just BOOM! Flat! Then it would wander away. LOL!
    I hit every other Snowman from that point on.

It was funny!

• knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    It's also a good time to do your Fastest Game on Ice during Ice fishing. It already happened twice to me, that while i was in that one sharp turn close to the lake, while running i suddenly got a few ornaments because the Gummi Koskari was killed in the right moment :)
    We want to keep the foundry.
    edited January 2019
    It's also a good time to do your Fastest Game on Ice during Ice fishing. It already happened twice to me, that while i was in that one sharp turn close to the lake, while running i suddenly got a few ornaments because the Gummi Koskari was killed in the right moment :)

THAT is pure LUCK!! And lightening struck you twice!!! Congrats!
    You can't time when the Gummy Worm shows up in an instance. LOL!

+++++++++++++++++

While I was practicing The Fast and the Flurrious race track last night....I ran into Krampus and horde. There were a couple of guys on him with these hand held cannon things. Big bursts firing, taking Krampus out...post haste!

I went and looked up the weaponry in the WW Store....and narrowed down the choices.
    They were either using: "The Big One" or "Avalanche". Or tag teaming Krampus with one of each.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/"The_Big_One"
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/"Avalanche"

Not sure exactly, because I have never bought either weapon.

I didn't notice if I saw any gumdrops while they were firing....I know there was a ton of little colorful balls laying around on the ground after it was over.

You know, I see my Ferengi has something called a "Snowball Strike" in her tray...I wonder if that would work on Krampus, too. It is actually an Ornament called "Avalanche!". Which is something different from the gun.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Q's_Ornament:_Avalanche!

Um i know first hand the krampus does not appreciate it when you bomb him with a giant snowball ! LOL
  • anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »

THAT is pure LUCK!! And lightening struck you twice!!! Congrats!
    You can't time when the Gummy Worm shows up in an instance. LOL!

+++++++++++++++++

While I was practicing The Fast and the Flurrious race track last night....I ran into Krampus and horde. There were a couple of guys on him with these hand held cannon things. Big bursts firing, taking Krampus out...post haste!

I went and looked up the weaponry in the WW Store....and narrowed down the choices.
    They were either using: "The Big One" or "Avalanche". Or tag teaming Krampus with one of each.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/"The_Big_One"
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/"Avalanche"

Not sure exactly, because I have never bought either weapon.

I didn't notice if I saw any gumdrops while they were firing....I know there was a ton of little colorful balls laying around on the ground after it was over.

The Big One. It is the WW Pulsewave Assault weapon. Big gumdrops shatter into fragments that litter the field of battle for a bit.
    Some of my alts use them. It is a decent weapon, damage-wise.
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another holiday event has ended and Q returns home. YAY bye Q. Bring back a better event next year.
    edited January 2019
    Well...I was happily polishing off Snowmen for my last night in Winter Wonderland, last night.... and from what I heard...plenty of folks doing that Snowball Fight. The one in my instance barely lasted 4 mins. I was sitting around waiting for Tides of Ice to start for 10mins.

Oh, that may be when I purchased that Kit module I wanted to try: Solar Gateway. LOL!

BTW...stop by my thread on Kit Modules if you want to leave your experience for Ground or just a note on your Favorite Kit Modules and how to use them effectively. Of course, the new kits we just got from the WW Ferengi Shop.

Thank you!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1246012/lets-discuss-ground-builds-kit-modules-and-their-uses

This discussion has been closed.