test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Captain Killy's hair

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    You know, in the last livestream, they talked about the possibility of animated hair. :wink:

OH? Like it sways as you move, o blows in the wind? That would be neat, makes the hair fell less helmet like. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    One of the things I miss about City of Heroes is I could spend hours making a toon look however I want them to look.
    I would really like if STO would do the same.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    khan5000 wrote: »
    One of the things I miss about City of Heroes is I could spend hours making a toon look however I want them to look.
    The underlying capability is there, but all the tacked-on arbitrary restrictions on who can wear what, in what colors and what combinations make it impossible to use that potential to anywhere near it's full extent.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @smokebailey said:
    > snowwolf#0563 wrote: »
    >
    > commanderkassy wrote: »
    >
    > smokebailey wrote: »
    >
    > I'm all for that. Since I my own hair, right now, is styled similar to Killy's, (though mine's black), it will make my virtual me in game more accurate. o:)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I admit, I have been considering it (though I'm blonde) cause I think it looks so amazing.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > But Starfleet officers look more serious and professional with a hair bun or ponytailed hair...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Not all of us are trying to look 'pro' or serious. :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I like a more casual, less office environment type of place.

No organization like Starfleet would ever allow that in the dress code, thankfully for everyone else as that eyebleeding nonsense has no place anywhere. Geeze at least learn how to model realistic looking humanoids not these "exaggerated worse than 90s Catwoman" scholck.

Tell someone who cares.
    And I'll make my characters look any way I choose to, sir. :)
    vSQKlHw.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    If it bothers you, then don't use it with stuff it clips with.

It won't matter..it won't go to the Klingon side, anyways. LOL!

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the pic in the Anniversary promo look like her hair's a different color than it was in the Discovery tutorial?
    Tilly in the Mirror Universe dyes her hair blond.
    Yeah it's different in the show itself too, with prime Tilly having curly red hair (which I think is Mary Wiseman's actual hair) while Mirror Tilly has straight golden blond hair.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    You know, in the last livestream, they talked about the possibility of animated hair. :wink:

OH? Like it sways as you move, o blows in the wind? That would be neat, makes the hair fell less helmet like. :)
    Swaying while you move would do wonders to the longer hairstyles, WoW got that when they did their model upgrade and the difference between the "dipped in cement" old hair and the new one was a lot and WoW has only fairly primitive and simplitic animations for the hair.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't bet on that. A lot of the recent stuff HAS. Like Harry Kim's hair for example. EVERY race can seemingly use it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    I wouldn't bet on that. A lot of the recent stuff HAS. Like Harry Kim's hair for example. EVERY race can seemingly use it.
    There is no logical reason why any hairstyles would be restricted by race (beyond races that have no hair at all, and even then you could still say they're wearing a wig).

But some are none the less.
  • risian6#1997 risian6 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    And here I thought you guys couldn't get worse when you all asked for Spock's clothes :p
    Formerly known as Risian4. Risian6 is my new PS4-account. Fleetcaptain5 is my main PC account. I hope to actively play again on PC in a few months.

Now that that's made clear... on to the next issue: when are playable Voth coming, and where's are my T7 Vesta and C-store purchasable real life shuttle? :)
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    More fur to the caitians and ferasans!
    ...I wish for the tailor to freakishly glitch out for a while, giving me the opportunity to don hairs usually blocked for the feline races.
    /Floozy
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I agree with Warp, hair is hair. I seriously doubt that in the intervening years between modern day and STO time, things like hair dye, hair straightener, curling irons etc have somehow become forgotten or forbidden technology. My female Klingon captain saw a human female with really long straight, blonde hair and decided she wants to style her hair like that. For some reason though, in the 25C there exists no means of doing so because hair dye, hair straightener and even wigs no longer exist, and even holo-emitters for some reason can only be programmed to project a species accurate hair style.....
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    There is no logical reason why any hairstyles would be restricted by race (beyond races that have no hair at all, and even then you could still say they're wearing a wig).

But some are none the less.

That I can agree with. It's well past time to unlock the tailor, as it were.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
    arionisa wrote: »
    I agree with Warp, hair is hair. I seriously doubt that in the intervening years between modern day and STO time, things like hair dye, hair straightener, curling irons etc have somehow become forgotten or forbidden technology. My female Klingon captain saw a human female with really long straight, blonde hair and decided she wants to style her hair like that. For some reason though, in the 25C there exists no means of doing so because hair dye, hair straightener and even wigs no longer exist, and even holo-emitters for some reason can only be programmed to project a species accurate hair style.....

Plus Alissa has that sorta, punker style going for her, and J'rok has that nice, long look going for her.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User

And in the last couple of years before NCSoft pulled the plug, they really improved the quality of the clothing and hair. Some of it was animated (which is not exactly a new thing, the Sims 2 had it back in what, 2000?)

• commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    One of the many, many, many things.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
    Geeze at least learn how to model realistic looking humanoids not these "exaggerated worse than 90s Catwoman" scholck.

Chill. I'm a woman, she's a woman, we can make our women look however we want, we don't have to conform to YOUR standards, in a game or in real life!

I don't care who is or isn't a woman, I can and will call out stupid schlock where I see it. I have no problem with art, nudity, TRIBBLE, or prostitution (provided all women involved are involved of their own free will) I have a problem with schlock pretending to be art.
    Presumably, women in the game are required to have certain size chest to prevent players creating characters that look like children.
    I have taken to calling my cat Miss Killy, when ever I catch her doing something bad. Like ripping up a tissue into tiny pieces and throwing them all over the bathroom counters.

Thank you STO.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Art is subjective, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What appeals to some, may not appeal to others. Let's leave it at that and not disparage other's creative endeavors. Thanks.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Geeze at least learn how to model realistic looking humanoids not these "exaggerated worse than 90s Catwoman" scholck.

Chill. I'm a woman, she's a woman, we can make our women look however we want, we don't have to conform to YOUR standards, in a game or in real life!

Thanks. :) fist bump?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    I have taken to calling my cat Miss Killy, when ever I catch her doing something bad. Like ripping up a tissue into tiny pieces and throwing them all over the bathroom counters.

Thank you STO.

My calico did that last night X_x;;
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    I do like that Mirror stuff is a bit more relaxed.

The years of pinning up my hair with regulation: "5 or less pins or hair accessories", up off the collar blah blah blah business while I was "in"....are over. This is a game, after all...nothing to do with uniformity for all or safety.

Being able to have options for characters in uniform with much less formality and rigidity is nice.
    I already have that, pretty much on the KDF side.

P.S. I am not sure where Tilly, my cat, picked that tissue thing up from. She is a rescued cat. She does this with the envelopes the bills come in when the flap is left open, also. It is worse because we have carpet in the office.

Thanks. :) fist bump?

Yes, fist bump :D

• startrekronstartrekron Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    artan42 wrote: »
    Worf and Martok's first.​​

Haven't you heard? They are not developing anything except S-T-D.
    "Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
This discussion has been closed.