Install Arc

yada yada

parish#5017 parish Member Posts: 127 Arc User
yada yada trolls
Post edited by parish#5017 on

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    While I completely support the idea of allowing us to change specializations for RTFO’s, let’s all be clear that it’s not something that’s badly needed.

Elite Queues are not part of RTFO’s, so their requirements are not relevant. Advanced ground queues just aren’t that hard. Again, I support the idea, I put all the points into Commando, I would like to be able to use it. I won’t however endorse the argument that Advanced grounds require this functionality to allow player success.

Advanced Queues just aren’t that difficult.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    To see how much Commando and Strategist can change your gameplay do an advanced or elite space Borg with the Commando selected.
    Elite is not part of RTFO. Ground advanced is straight up easy even without the proper specializations. Space advanced is a bit trickier so the correct way to play right now is to set your specializations up for space.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • parish#5017 parish Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    While I completely support the idea of allowing us to change specializations for RTFO’s, let’s all be clear that it’s not something that’s badly needed.

Shoot yourself in the foot smh

Elite Queues are not part of RTFO’s, so their requirements are not relevant. Advanced ground queues just aren’t that hard. Again, I support the idea, I put all the points into Commando, I would like to be able to use it. I won’t however endorse the argument that Advanced grounds require this functionality to allow player success.

Advanced Queues just aren’t that difficult.

I never mentioned required / requirements. you say that you want them then say you don't

pick it apart, we have the two specialization that we can't use when needed

Some just talk to talk and be seen. Bottom line it would be good to be able to choose. You agree it's need then disqualify your own statement BAH

• parish#5017 parish Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I suspect the major hurdle to be size of the character data file. The issue has been mentioned before by the devs, most recently in a pet tab thread, and apparently STO character data files are huge (comparatively).

Ahhh thank you!! Something useful. SStill it's doesn't hurt to ask, it is an issue with many. But like in ALL things with human involved 100 might suggest or complain while 1000 wanting the same stand in the distance waiting to see what happens.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I don't think it's all that common of an issue. Most specs are both space and ground. You'd have to go to a lot of work to spend more than a handful of spec points without getting both.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I never mentioned required / requirements.

You were the one that started by mentioning Elite Queues which are irrelevant to this argument. I was pointing this out.
    you say that you want them then say you don't

You might want to go back over my post and actually read it this time. I am for the idea, but I don't believe it's badly needed. It's a 'want' not a 'need.' I am not sure what part of this you can't understand.
    pick it apart, we have the two specialization that we can't use when needed

I actually agreed with you on this point, so not sure why you're arguing.
    Some just talk to talk and be seen.

Well, you have taken the first step.. you have identified your problem. You're well on your way to correcting the behavior and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator
    I guess we can close this then. :smirk: /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.