test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ques missing from Randon Task Force?

tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
Core Assault (Advanced) - anyone get this to pop? Before when you can see how many people are on it... this can still pop if enough people select it. But now I can never get it to pop at all. Some of the other advanced space ques with elite marks, they do trigger due to RTF thou.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Yeah as Somtaawkhar said some TFOs are explicitly excluded the from the RTFO rotation, only Cryptic knows the full list of excluded TFOs and it's subject to change but you're not getting that TFO on purpose.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    All queues that require more than 5 players are excluded.
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Yeah as Somtaawkhar said some TFOs are explicitly excluded the from the RTFO rotation, only Cryptic knows the full list of excluded TFOs and it's subject to change but you're not getting that TFO on purpose.
    It would be reasonably simple to compile a list of what comes out of the random queue simply by playing it, but I suppose no player(s) have cared enough to do so.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    oh so these ques are basically perma dead since no one is gonna ever que for em without knowing how many people are qued up... so 10 folks pre-made teams or get the frack out.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    It would be reasonably simple to compile a list of what comes out of the random queue simply by playing it, but I suppose no player(s) have cared enough to do so.
    Simple maybe, but really time consuming as you'd have to play the RTFO system thousands of times at very least to remove any false results caused by the randomness of the system.

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Or you could just refer to the original announcement to get an idea about what is and isn't in the RTFO system:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10994033

"Not every TFO in the game will be available via the Random System. Notable exclusions include:

PvP Matches
    Shuttle Matches
    Competitive PvEvP Matches
    Gamma Battlezone Matches
    Limited-Time Event Matches
    10+ Person Matches

Additional exclusions may be made on a case-by-case basis."
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Simple maybe, but really time consuming as you'd have to play the RTFO system thousands of times at very least to remove any false results caused by the randomness of the system.
    What false results? You queue into it, note what you get, if it's not in the list already you add it.

How time-consuming it would be would of course depend entirely on how many players cared to contribute.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Also, I believe none of the shuttle queues are in the random system either.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    > @spiritborn said:
    > Yeah as Somtaawkhar said some TFOs are explicitly excluded the from the RTFO rotation, only Cryptic knows the full list of excluded TFOs and it's subject to change but you're not getting that TFO on purpose.

I think they should expand this to ground missions or at least have a separate random queue for them.
    Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
    * With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    I think they should expand this to ground missions or at least have a separate random queue for them.
    They already said they wouldn't do this as that would fundamentally defeat the purpose of the system in the first place.
    ^^^
    Yep - Cryptic KNOWS the ground game in SDTO isn't very popular (some people love it, but the majority are lukewarm to STO ground queue content at best); so they also know if they separated ground and space queue content, the majority of the time players wanting Ground would rarely see a queue pop.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    They already said they wouldn't do this as that would fundamentally defeat the purpose of the system in the first place.
    ^^^
    Yep - Cryptic KNOWS the ground game in SDTO isn't very popular (some people love it, but the majority are lukewarm to STO ground queue content at best); so they also know if they separated ground and space queue content, the majority of the time players wanting Ground would rarely see a queue pop.
    I think it's stretching the truth to say that most players dislike ground combat in STO. It is true that space combat is more popular though.

But as pertains to the TFOs, the disparity between queue numbers in the old days was more due to the relative length of time it took to completion, and less about how difficult it actually was. The 3 oldest Borg TFOs are long slogs, and a lot of newer ground TFOs are too. It's not the combat mechanics that determine how much people like these missions, but rather the time to completion.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Nah, that won't happen. Fortunately, there's a solution for those that 100% wish to avoid ground. Simply select your preferred normal or advanced 5 player space queue and let the random folks join you.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
This discussion has been closed.