test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: An Option to Dismissing Ships

trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
This just occurred to me as a random thought. With our old ships we have a choice of drydocking or dismissing them. Which leads to dismissing, as drydocks become full and we're left with not other choice than to dismiss them when we go to get a new one.

My suggestion here is, make it to where you can donate them to the fleet. Granted, no other player will be able to get that ship. However, it would provide another avenue for people to gain fleet credits. Sort of recycling old ships as salvage for the fleet ships.

Example of Rewards:
T1-T4 500-5000 Fleet Credits
T5-T5U 10000-15000 Fleet Credits
T6 20000 Fleet Credits
Fleet Ships return half the fleet credit cost to buy.

Now, since cash shop and reclaim ships are infinite. To prevent people from abusing this, it can be locked between 2-5 ships per day/week. Could go max 7 per week, locked at 1 per day.

Mm5NeXy.gif
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Drydock is intended for ships that can't be reclaimed. (Lockbox, lobi, fleet, etc.)

Cstore and event ships can be reclaimed, so just dismiss those.

If you do that, you probably won't run out of space (unless you have a LOT of lockbox/lobi/fleet ships).

Aside from the only ships that aren't really reclaimable are the Phoenix Prize pack event ships. The level 1-40 promotion ships can be bought with dil. Cash Shop and Event ships(if you got them from the event, otherwise see Phoenix Prize pack) are account reclaimable at any time. The fleet ships you can get at anytime, as long as you have the fleet credits and ship modules. Lockbox and Lobi ships, are obtainable multiple times, as long as you have the EC or keys to open boxes with.

So, other then the Phoenix Prize pack, what ships aren't obtainable multiple times?
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I think the object is to keep any ship that one pays for, so one doesn't have to pay or grind for them, again, and again.

You may not mind doing this, but a lot of players find their time and money to be more precious to them. And prefer to dry dock.

And if there were any transferring of ships, players would prefer to "another character on the account" not into "fleet holdings".

Are you running short of Fleet Credits from building a Solo Fleet? That has not been my experience of it.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    1. Fleet credit is supposed to be a reward for contributing to fleet development. There shouldn't be any "alternative" ways to get them.
    2. Anyone who actively contributes will have more FC than they can use. Personally, I've never once thought about needing to get any, only where do I put them to avoid hitting the cap.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Not having a large number of lockbox/lobi ships I have never even come close to using up all of the dry dock and active ship slots I recieved for free. You receive a total of seven (I believe) non reclaimable ships as you level, counting the shuttle and the ship received from the mission Temporal Ambassador. Unless you are a very skilled player and plan to attempt end game content in a low tier ship, there is absolutely no need to keep any of those ships other than the free T5 once you reach level 52(?) and start Admiralty, and even the free T5 can be dumped the moment you get your free T6 from one of the various events that gives you one, or the free T5U at lvl 61. Unless you are a ship collector the free dry dock and ship slots are more than sufficient, and if you are a ship collector, you wouldn't be getting rid of ships to begin with, instead you would be buying more ship and dry dock slots.

Getting Fleet Credits for dumping a ship you got free, and that does nothing to help the Fleet, would make no sense at all. Fleet credits are a reward for donating things to help the Fleet grow and expand their holdings and all items being donated either have a (game) monetary value to the player, or require time spent playing to aquire, the player is literally giving up something with an EC or even Zen value, or dedicated playing time (Fleet Marks/Holding provisions) in exchange for the Fleet credits. Fleet credits are not a reward for disposing of unwanted junk such as old, free ships that you will never use again, provide absolutely no benefit to the Fleet and have absolutely no value after reaching Admiralty.

C-store and event ships can be reclaimed an infinite number of times, even if dismissed, once reclaimed they retain whatever level of mastery they had when dismissed so getting rid of them is no big deal, they have no EC or Zen value and after initial purchase, require nothing more than a few mouse clicks worth of the players time. Other than an unending supply of free Fleet credits for the player given for nothing more than a few mouse clicks, what would be the point for those ?

Lobi and lockbox ships can't be reclaimed once dismissed, however, once actually claimed they have absolutely no ec or Zen value. Yes, the ec or Zen used to first buy them could have gotten a player a huge number of Fleet Credits instead of buying the ship, however, they bought the ship. At this point the only reason for a player to get rid of the ship is because they plan to never use it again, so again, they would be getting Fleet credits in exchange for just disposing of something they no longer want or need that has no value.

It just makes no sense at all to me as to why they should modify the game to reward the player with Fleet Credits for basically nothing more than disposing of unwanted, no value, junk.

To steal a line from Dennis Miller, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    What is the max limit for drydock spots?

Because I think that Cryptic would rather have people buying extra drydock spaces than spending time and money developing a system just to reward people that dump extra ships.

And if you really want those extra ships then spending a few zen on extra drydock spaces doesn't seem like a huge demand to me.
This discussion has been closed.