test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scimitar visuals

gebbusgebbus Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited January 2019 in The Academy
Hello i have a question: i saw on yt that the plasma wave console ( the one that na'kuhl use) have a thalaron efect on the t6( maybe t5 too) scimitars, but when i used it did not do any special visual, the spread of the wings.
Here is the yt video so you can see for yourself: https://youtu.be/HVME9NMwoA8
The bad thing is that the video is in german, and i don't understand, if someone knows german or how the visual work for the console, i would appreciate the help😊

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    What he's doing in the video is activating the Thalaron Pulse and the Plasma Wave at the same time.

The Plasma Wave does not cause the wings on the Scimitar to open, that effect is only caused by the Thalaron Device. You would only get this effect if you activated the Thalaron Device and the Plasma Wave at the same time.

The only part of the effect that is generated by the Plasma Wave is the red cone in front of the ship. The rest is the Thalaron Device.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Oh, i see good to know, thanks a lot
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    The plasma wave console DID activate the animation when it was new (as shown in the video) but that changed after a while. Since there was never an official statement regarding that issue it's still unclear if it is a feature that broke or a bug that was fixed. :|
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Scimitar is a great ship.

The Thaloron pulse however, is a complete waste of console slots.. unless you just really love the visual for RP reasons, don't use it.

It's terrible.

Actually.. so is the Plasma Wave.
  • Options
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > What he's doing in the video is activating the Thalaron Pulse and the Plasma Wave at the same time.
    >
    > The Plasma Wave does not cause the wings on the Scimitar to open, that effect is only caused by the Thalaron Device. You would only get this effect if you activated the Thalaron Device and the Plasma Wave at the same time.
    >
    > The only part of the effect that is generated by the Plasma Wave is the red cone in front of the ship. The rest is the Thalaron Device.

Okay, thanks i will keep that in mind
    Btw i have a fast question ( is't about scimitar but i rather ask here, making a new post just for a small question is usless)
    I heard that if i have t5 or t6 at a reputation, if i start a project for an item i will get the item at ultra rare quality, is it true or i misunderstood?
  • Options
    gebbus wrote: »
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > What he's doing in the video is activating the Thalaron Pulse and the Plasma Wave at the same time.
    >
    > The Plasma Wave does not cause the wings on the Scimitar to open, that effect is only caused by the Thalaron Device. You would only get this effect if you activated the Thalaron Device and the Plasma Wave at the same time.
    >
    > The only part of the effect that is generated by the Plasma Wave is the red cone in front of the ship. The rest is the Thalaron Device.

Okay, thanks i will keep that in mind
    Btw i have a fast question ( is't about scimitar but i rather ask here, making a new post just for a small question is usless)
    I heard that if i have t5 or t6 at a reputation, if i start a project for an item i will get the item at ultra rare quality, is it true or i misunderstood?

That reward was offered as part of the Temporal Recruitment Event that ran in late 2016. One of the rewards was unlocking the ability to purchase Reputation Rewards at mark XIII Ultra Rare instead of Mark XII Very Rare.

Unfortunately, if you missed this event you there is no current way to obtain it. Your only hope is that they one day re-run the event so that those that missed out can obtain the reward. For now, you are limited to Mark XII Very Rare rewards.
  • Options
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > gebbus wrote: »
    >
    > > @seaofsorrows said:
    > > What he's doing in the video is activating the Thalaron Pulse and the Plasma Wave at the same time.
    > >
    > > The Plasma Wave does not cause the wings on the Scimitar to open, that effect is only caused by the Thalaron Device. You would only get this effect if you activated the Thalaron Device and the Plasma Wave at the same time.
    > >
    > > The only part of the effect that is generated by the Plasma Wave is the red cone in front of the ship. The rest is the Thalaron Device.
    >
    > Okay, thanks i will keep that in mind
    > Btw i have a fast question ( is't about scimitar but i rather ask here, making a new post just for a small question is usless)
    > I heard that if i have t5 or t6 at a reputation, if i start a project for an item i will get the item at ultra rare quality, is it true or i misunderstood?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That reward was offered as part of the Temporal Recruitment Event that ran in late 2016. One of the rewards was unlocking the ability to purchase Reputation Rewards at mark XIII Ultra Rare instead of Mark XII Very Rare.
    >
    > Unfortunately, if you missed this event you there is no current way to obtain it. Your only hope is that they one day re-run the event so that those that missed out can obtain the reward. For now, you are limited to Mark XII Very Rare rewards.

Okay thanks