test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek loot/mission creates cancelled

pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
edited January 2019 in Ten Forward
Hardly a surprise since the disaster of the first STO dev blog and after that every box has gone wrong. Since a lot of people are having communication problems with getting emails from loot crate, here is the email I had.

“Rest assured, we are working diligently to get the delayed crates shipped out to you ASAP. In fact, we expect to have all outstanding Star Trek Mission Crates shipped within the first half of 2019. More details on the shipping schedule will be coming soon.

Unfortunately, we have decided to discontinue the Star Trek Mission Crate subscription line going forward. All active subscriptions will be cancelled (although they will appear active on our site until the final crates ship out).

If your subscription included any crates past November 2018, you will be issued a pro-rated refund. You’ll receive an email once your refund has been issued.

To annual subscribers who signed up between August 2017 and January 15th, 2018: Please standby for an update on your one year subscriber bonus item. “

I do wonder what the long term plan would have been with the link between Star Trek Online. The main reason I sighed up was to see what the in game codes would be and the one create I did managed to get shipped was enjoyable.

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    It has been broken since Day 1. The Dev Blog for it came out 2 days after the deadline for the Wolf 359 Mission Crate which included the Locutus figure, Enterprise-D ship model, a Borg shirt, and a Discovery Communication Badge. Also, the Dev Blog was advertising the Loot Crate exclusive Disco emote which is part of the Wolf 359 Mission Crate.

Then there is the issue of how Loot Crate will get the remaining 3 crates shipped out in the first half of 2019. Considering that it took about 10 months to ship the first 3 crates.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    starkaos wrote: »
    It has been broken since Day 1. The Dev Blog for it came out 2 days after the deadline for the Wolf 359 Mission Crate which included the Locutus figure, Enterprise-D ship model, a Borg shirt, and a Discovery Communication Badge. Also, the Dev Blog was advertising the Loot Crate exclusive Disco emote which is part of the Wolf 359 Mission Crate.

Then there is the issue of how Loot Crate will get the remaining 3 crates shipped out in the first half of 2019. Considering that it took about 10 months to ship the first 3 crates.
    I am still waiting for that 3rd box. Although it does look like its starting to ship and arrive for people.
    Post edited by pottsey5g on
    pottsey5g wrote: »

I am still waiting for that 4rd box. Although it````` does look like its starting to ship and arrive for people.

The 3rd box seems to be lacking compared to the previous ones. The other 2 boxes came with a figure, insignia badge, and an Enterprise-D ship model or Mirror Universe Tribble while the 3rd box has replaced that item with a beach towel. I would have been happy if each box was the same as the Wolf 359 crate, a figure, insignia badge, a ship model, a shirt, and a decal.
    Finally have the 3rd Crate. It includes the Seven of Nine figure, Seven of Nine beach towel, Voyager Communication Badge, Captain Proton shirt, a Voyager decal, and the Appearance Pack. The Appearance Pack includes Formal Wear, Talaxian clothes, Mercenary outfit, Intel outfit, 4 outfit slots, and the Ta-Dah! Emote. The Ta-Dah! Emote is similar to the following image without the elaborate hand gesture.

D443.gif

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    Finally have the 3rd Crate. It includes the Seven of Nine figure, Seven of Nine beach towel, Voyager Communication Badge, Captain Proton shirt, a Voyager decal, and the Appearance Pack. The Appearance Pack includes Formal Wear, Talaxian clothes, Mercenary outfit, Intel outfit, 4 outfit slots, and the Ta-Dah! Emote. The Ta-Dah! Emote is similar to the following image without the elaborate hand gesture.

D443.gif
    That gives me some hope mine might still turn up. Sounds like a pretty good package apart from the towel. For a change that's an appearance pack I don't have and would like. I was also in need of a Voyager com badge.