test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Player LC Submission Ideas

Comments

• damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    Captain without a ship

truthfully I'm not sure where to go with this idea but I liked the title that popped into my head
    A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
    I am the air you breath. Literally.
    A captain has room in their hart for but one love; their ship. Some tweak he saving to "their first ship" if they have commanded more then one. Well now some how your ship is returning that affection; maybe by creating a holo avatar to seduce you, or just by calling you Darling and making inappropriate comments.
    A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
    Now what are they up to?
    Starfleet engineers are an odd and easily bored lot. If an engineer doesn't have a problem to work on who knows what they'll get up to. The Corps of Engineers are the "worst" of the lot, as shown by the fact we have modern NX-01.'s and their refits flying around. So write a log where your engineers have gone a little loopy from boredom and what trouble they got themselves or you into or out of with their shenanigans.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Now what are they up to?
    Starfleet engineers are an odd and easily bored lot. If an engineer doesn't have a problem to work on who knows what they'll get up to. The Corps of Engineers are the "worst" of the lot, as shown by the fact we have modern NX-01.'s and their refits flying around. So write a log where your engineers have gone a little loopy from boredom and what trouble they got themselves or you into or out of with their shenanigans.

https://imgur.com/gallery/qSmHy
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    Elseworlds
    A concept that DC has run with: take a character and put them in a new environment and tell a story. Example Superman landed in communist Russia not Smallville. Do this with one of yours. maybe throw them into a non-Trek story line, such as make Picard an Officr in command of the Old
    Republic cruiser Enterprise as he leads his crew against the separatists. or take a captain from anther setting and bring them into Trek.
  • xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    (Elseworlds)

I can see Simba and Nala captaining a modified Odyssey class dreadnought, but they'll recieve doubtful looks from the crew.
    Post edited by xungnguyen on
    temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
    Infected
    You, your crew, or your ship is sick. Could be something like an infection of nanites, or macrophage,,.. or you have been called in to help a world ravaged by plague.
    For the Dominion!!
    With the release of ViL do a story where you are assisting the Dominion in a mission, or are a member of the ominion. Doesn't have to be a Jem'hedar, ould be a Vorta pov.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Myriad Universes, make one small change in Star Trek history that drastic effects on timeline and tell the story of your Captain from that alternate world.

For instance; what if Rom’s self-replicating mines failed and as a result the Dominion won the war.
    Myriad Universes, make one small change in Star Trek history that drastic effects on timeline and tell the story of your Captain from that alternate world.

For instance; what if Rom’s self-replicating mines failed and as a result the Dominion won the war.
    I like. A nicr sequal of sorts to Butterfly.
    "In Enemies, Find Allies"

The war was long and bloody, and much hatred remains. But now circumstances require that you and your old enemy bury the hatchet and find a way to work together for the greater good. What must you give up for peace? What common ground can you find with your former enemy? And what could be so dire as to force this alliance?

And should the new conflict end, can this alliance of convenience become a real friendship, or is it doomed to collapse?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Joint Mission

Earlier in your captain's career there was an enemy faction captain who was her nemesis. Now we're all allies, right?

But your next mission requires your captain to partner with the former nemesis. What's worse is the nemesis is given overall command of the mission. What prejudices and raw nerves are exposed? Can either captain overcome years of hate or will the mission fail?
    edited October 2018
    In A Mascot's Eyes

Some vessels have had pets and mascots which are treated as part of the crew. Tell your story from the eyes of your ship's pet.

Is the pet only interested in scratches and nibbles? Is it a hyperdimensional alien who can only view the 3D world by possessing a body? Is it Data's cat? A targ too wily to be caught by the cook? Or a robotic pet with a positronic brain?

Whatever is going on in the ship around it must seem bizarre to a pet who lives in space.

EDIT: New idea.

I remember when...

The Captain recalls a pivotal moment from Starfleet Academy due to a parallel situation occurring at the moment. Did she make the wining goal in Paresis Squares? Lose the wrestling match that could have won them the championship? Conduct a raid on the Beta Zed Counselor's quarters? Invent a superglue that stuck two cadets together for a week?

How does this memory affect or drive the current situation?
    Post edited by brian334 on
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Is anyone still interested in doing ULCs? Does anyone have any Holiday/New Year and Discovery themed prompts?
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Is anyone still interested in doing ULCs? Does anyone have any Holiday/New Year and Discovery themed prompts?

Yeah, sorry, I've been busy with other stuff. I wanted to try to get a new prompt up over the weekend but I forgot. I could put one up this weekend, or if you wanted to do one yourself, just poke me or @darkbladejk or @baddmoonrizin when you're ready and one of us will sticky it.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    > @starswordc said:
    > hawku001x wrote: »
    >
    > Is anyone still interested in doing ULCs? Does anyone have any Holiday/New Year and Discovery themed prompts?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah, sorry, I've been busy with other stuff. I wanted to try to get a new prompt up over the weekend but I forgot. I could put one up this weekend, or if you wanted to do one yourself, just poke me or @darkbladejk or @baddmoonrizin when you're ready and one of us will sticky it.

Oh no worries. Same. Just wanted to check in and stir the pot a little bit.
    Where does one post LC submissions? I seem to have either posted in the wrong place or too late every time I've seen a new thread.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    brian334 wrote: »
    Where does one post LC submissions? I seem to have either posted in the wrong place or too late every time I've seen a new thread.
    Just go ahead and post in the thread the other stories are in. The time limit appears to have been lifted; it was never really enforced in the first place, honestly, just put in there because without a deadline some of us (he said, looking down shamefacedly for a moment) just don't get around to finishing things.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    A _ Holiday.

This centers on an event, festival, or other type of holiday celebrated on a world or a region. How does your ship and crew fit in?

(This can be a macabre event such as The Purge, a militaristic competition or pageant, it can be a Miss America type event, or it can be a harvest festival. Whatever strikes you as an interesting look into another culture.)
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    "War.......What is it good for?" (Inspired by TNG The Wounded & The Hunted)

The Galaxy is under constant threat of attack and its almost never ending, how will you cope as a Captain when the galaxy is at peace, when all is finally calm in our galaxy? Could you cope not having to raise your guard every mission you take on? Could you handle just running your ship from starbase to starbase? Do you need war to live?

"Galactic Drift"

As a Captain you have to take your orders from your superiors without question or reason, if you don't people will die. Its that simple, but it isn't. What are your perceptions of the state of the Galaxy? Have we improved from where we started in 2409 or have we gotten worse, has the Federation advanced the cause of peace or is it short lived once the greater threat is resolved? Do you agree the Federation at large is being ran by just and honest people or would you prefer a change in leadership? Starfleet is asking Captains to give a performance review of the Federation Council & President to gauge where the Fleet stands on these issues.

'The Debt that All Men Pay"

As a commander of a starship you will eventually lose people, its one of the hardest things you ever do sitting in that big chair. The Klingons celebrate their dead as myths to be sung and praised, the Romulans believe their spirit joins with their great Raptor. As a Federation officer its not that simple, many you may lose will be Academy classmates, people you have laughed, cried and had fun with. Who have you lost under your command? Was it difficult at the time or just a matter of cold calculations of war. This survey will be used at Starfleet Medical to help our counselors help fellow officers cope with a loss of a friend or colleague.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"