test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Fill All" - not quite there

mattjohnsonvamattjohnsonva Member Posts: 4,974 Arc User
Well thanks for making the effort buy you've missed the boat really.

Instead of 1 button to fill all available reps which would automatically collect any rewards too, we now have a "Fill All" button for each rep. So you've removed two of the clicks for each rep. But then you go and spoil it by adding in a warning box that requires another click, therefore reducing the whole 180 clicks (with upgrade) for 12 reps by 12, but hey 172 clicks is better than 180 I guess. Ho hum.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I don't know what math you used to come up with "removed two of the clicks for each rep." The daily project needs 3 resources that take 2 clicks each to fill, for total 6 clicks vs 1 click for the Fill All button. That's clearly 5 clicks less per rep or 60 clicks less per day if doing all reps at once.

You can skip the confirmation box by holding down the control key, which you'd know if you'd actually read the confirmation box instead of rushing over here to complain.

As for expecting it to be a one-click "game plays itself" -button...yeah, like that was ever gonna happen.

EDIT: And it wasn't 180 clicks per day to do all reps before either, it was 108. Now 48.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,245 Community Moderator
    Complainers gonna complain
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They announced months ago that they were doing this but never put it out for testing beforehand.

And like Baseball, Closers are going to close.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I thought it was just the redesigned Reputation UI for T6 and not the Fill All.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Yeah, no Developer ever intimated that there was going to be a 'One button to rule them all, one button to find them, One button to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Its far better than what was there previously. Could it be improved ? yes it can. one such improvement is making all mark to dilithium conversions the same as the Gamma one where it auto completes instead of having to collect it.

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Tiny step in the right direction is being generous with how miniscule a reduction is given unless people know about ctrl clicking.
    Tiny step in the right direction is being generous with how miniscule a reduction is given unless people know about ctrl clicking.
    The "miniscule" reduction is 44% without ctrl click and 56% with it, and the instruction to do so is in the confirmation message.

Gonna have to quote badmoon on you:
    Complainers gonna complain

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I am glad I read about the Ctrl key before I got started.
    Thanks!!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    It's good up to this point. All I can say is "Thanks!"
  • forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Not complaining, it's better than it was before, after all.

Still, I wonder how anyone can decide "Let's modify the UI to enable people to complete these hundreds of clicks for reps in a faster and more convenient fashion", and then miss the fact that the proper place for such a button is right beside the 'Select' button.

1 click to select Rep, 1 click to select the project (not always required), 1 ctrl-click on "Fill & Go" and you're done. Also makes the confirm dialog actually useful.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    should have option in options menu to consider it is ALWAYS on for "Control" for Fill All. Have to use 2 hands for this... you have to slot the project then hit the fill all button... if it was a mistake they can cancel. having you also press down control with one hand and fill all with mouse with second hand... totally pointless.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    As others have pointed out you can hold down the ctrl button and then click it to skip the confirmation. You also have to reset the rep project for the next round so you're going to be in there anyways. There is a major issue I would see with a general fill all button that did all 12 current reps at once. Let's suppose as a hypothetical you had enough resources to fill only 11 of the 12 reps, which rep does the button leave out? Does it leave the one out at the bottom of the list, the top of the list, or just not work? That's a potential issue I see.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Thanks for the tip. :)
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    As others have pointed out you can hold down the ctrl button and then click it to skip the confirmation. You also have to reset the rep project for the next round so you're going to be in there anyways. There is a major issue I would see with a general fill all button that did all 12 current reps at once. Let's suppose as a hypothetical you had enough resources to fill only 11 of the 12 reps, which rep does the button leave out? Does it leave the one out at the bottom of the list, the top of the list, or just not work? That's a potential issue I see.

A general fill all would logically start at the top of the list and work down. Any unfilled tasks could be highlighted by a change in colour for that reps name in the list. Similarly completed tasks could have their tag flashing/pulsing.

I can see why they might have felt the need for a stopgap to prevent dil and elite tokens being dropped onto unwanted projects but they could have done it purely for the daily & hourly tasks which is where the requests for such a feature stemmed from.

Honestly if someone can't understand that fill all means fill all then maybe they need that learning experience of losing a few tokens.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    A general fill all would logically start at the top of the list and work down. Any unfilled tasks could be highlighted by a change in colour for that reps name in the list. Similarly completed tasks could have their tag flashing/pulsing.

Apparently, the program needs everything to be acked. It does not think for itself, the user has to interact.

Not getting an ack back will hang it up. IN other words, ALL the projects would remain incomplete because it rejected that "Fill All" action.....until you figure out because not enough of one commodity it is looking for, for one rep.

Besides, I don't do hourly, so I rather have it start only daily....not both. So, selection there should be left to the player...not the program running a "Fill All" action and blasting everything.

I am happy with the CTRL button letting me skip a click or two...and letting me finish one rep at a time.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • ktbu#5082 ktbu Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Well thanks for making the effort buy you've missed the boat really.

Instead of 1 button to fill all available reps which would automatically collect any rewards too, we now have a "Fill All" button for each rep. So you've removed two of the clicks for each rep. But then you go and spoil it by adding in a warning box that requires another click, therefore reducing the whole 180 clicks (with upgrade) for 12 reps by 12, but hey 172 clicks is better than 180 I guess. Ho hum.

I agree with OP 100%. I am not sure about the numbers but the point is when you have so many useless clicks and all you remove is 2 clicks per rep it is kinda pointless. I thought they were going to have a COmplete All button for all the reps..

The amount of clicking in this game actually chases players away. If you have many characters then you can actually spend a couple hours clicking and have no time to actually play. There is so much pointless clicking they really need to reduce it game wide by 50%. Anything less than 25% would not even be noticed.

It is not a complaint, it is just a pointless game edit that achieves nothing. It is WAY to little to make any difference.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I agree with the Fill All button for each rep. Based on the threads about it, I thought that is what people wanted. Fill All as in Fill All the stuff you need for the reputation, instead of having to click to get all the items you want or use the slider for the stuff. I did not think people were asking for a Fill All, as in fill all reputations with one click That was never clear in any of the threads I looked at or participated in. So I like what is currently there now. I just wish the buttons were not so small and a similar scale to what we had previously in the UI before this update. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    About that Ack. When Crafting 2.0 first was released and for a time afterwards there was no Ack for completing Projects early.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • myklodmyklod Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I agree completely. If there is a dilithium cost, sure put a check on it. But nothing that goes towards these rep missions is worth it. If someone accidentally hits it they'll be out what, 15,000ec? Please remove the check.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    heh, the only way to stream line MORE would require the system to start projects for you.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    ltminns wrote: »
    About that Ack. When Crafting 2.0 first was released and for a time afterwards there was no Ack for completing Projects early.
    Yes, and people cried about accidentally hitting it until Cryptic put in confirm box.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Well. a claim all button would not be bad, or at least, that the tabs that have something to claim get marked, or something, i have to seek every reputation tab to see which one is ready, and on 24 chars… well… is a little tedious, but the fill all button makes my life a better life!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
This discussion has been closed.