test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 1/10/18

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 1/10 at 6AM Pacific for 5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Reputation Donation UI has been updated to provide a cleaner more efficient user experience.

Streamlined UI for quicker access to Reputation projects.
    Fill All” button added to allow quicker contributions.

Thank you!
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Captains can now access and begin playing the first episode in any story arc.

Hmmmm....they just said TRIBBLE it and removed all restrictions to all mission???? Whooo Hooo! LOL!

I should probably look to see if that change is on Tribble....but having mucho fun on WW...probably wait till it hits Holodeck. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    Wow. These folks have been busy :smile:
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    Is the foundry editor fixed?
  • risian6#1997 risian6 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Some of these are actually pretty funny
    Resolved an issue that prevented minimum height characters from be able to a "Scan Continuum" and "Activate transporter" Console in the mission, “Stormbound”

or... interesting in that I don't see why anyone would be interested in it :p
    There is now no limit to the number of flashlights you can own, but you can only have one equipped at a time during Starbase Incursion TFO.
    Formerly known as Risian4. Risian6 is my new PS4-account. Fleetcaptain5 is my main PC account. I hope to actively play again on PC in a few months.

Now that that's made clear... on to the next issue: when are playable Voth coming, and where's are my T7 Vesta and C-store purchasable real life shuttle? :)
  • risian6#1997 risian6 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Updated ground weapons to list knockback distances in meters instead of feet

Aww... but I liked that distances were expressed in banana's... I mean, feet. ;)
    Resolved an issue that was causing the Universal Endeavor, “Participate in a PvP match” to not respect losing in addition to a victory.

More seriously: glad to see this being changed.
    Formerly known as Risian4. Risian6 is my new PS4-account. Fleetcaptain5 is my main PC account. I hope to actively play again on PC in a few months.

Now that that's made clear... on to the next issue: when are playable Voth coming, and where's are my T7 Vesta and C-store purchasable real life shuttle? :)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Future Flyer back to Promotions Tab in the C-Store if you had it there before?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Some of these are actually pretty funny <snip>
    Resolved an issue that prevented minimum height characters from be able to a "Scan Continuum" and "Activate transporter" Console in the mission, “Stormbound”
    Hey... all 3 of my "mini" toons really appreciate not having to hop up onto the console (or jump into the air while simultaneously pressing the F key) :smile:
    Post edited by protoneous on
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    Good bug fixes. Yes!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I am thankful for the type 7 shuttle getting fixed, I just hope I still own it.

I wish we could get a claim all button for admiralty.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Looks like I'll be hitting the TZ Battlezone tomorrow, been a long time since I have been there.

Thanks for all the fixes, they're greatly appreciated.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Future Flyer back to Promotions Tab in the C-Store if you had it there before?

Would be nice, there's a lot of promotional stuff that was lost in an event horizon.....
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    *Hopes for fix for accolades for Discovery captains in the ship rescue mission (the first 2410 mission)*

Every time a new Federation faction comes along (i.e. Star Fleet, Delta Recruit, Agents of Yesteryear, Age of Discovery), this bug pops up... :worried:
  • knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Still no fix for the Jem Hadar not able to wear the knitted winter hat? My winter jemmie has a serious lack of sillyness! :)
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    So we will not be able to replay Atlai, Vastam Peaks, Epohh Fields, Hwael Ruins or Paehhos Crater?
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    I won't get an official answer to this question but.... The landing page is it being addressed where its appearing on every login and character change or is it appearing on every login and character change now the norm ?
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    That's a large bunch of fixes. Give these men and women at work a round of applause.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Fixed for midgets hopefully means that its also sorted for normal (default height) characters. Maybe in future they'll make sure maps are tested and suitable for how the game plays before pushing them live.

Timer in the BZ is a step in the right direction but if the spawns are still set with the arrogant assumption the zone is full and clumped then jury's out on how much better it'll be.

The lander will continue to appear every logout and character swap because it got attached to that menu. Using a keybind to hit the selection screen is the only way to avoid it.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    I once made a yoda character for fun for a short time, LOL He couldnt activate any of the consoles, I had to make a combat yoda for missions that was min 5 ft high.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    That is a pretty lengthy & impressive list of "Resolved"s. Well done, Cryptic. Looks like a nice job upon cleaning-up a lot of back-burner stuff.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Cover Shields now only have a 60 second duration.

That's pretty awesome for new players. Say your bridge officer deploys cover shield blocking the doorway of an early ground mission.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    How's about returning to the old setup where we can see how big the patch is instead of the vague "baby's first launcher" approach?
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    The Doomsday Device has received brand new cutscenes and animations!

That exclamation mark makes me think that this is huge. Any chance we can get a cap or a short vid showing this change? :)
    If anyone plays this in the very near future, post a cap, please.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • borgdp010#9382 borgdp010 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Reputation Donation UI has been updated to provide a cleaner more efficient user experience.

Streamlined UI for quicker access to Reputation projects.
    Fill All” button added to allow quicker contributions.

Thank you!

YES - THANK YOU!

Improved rep ui and access to all mission are really the most amazing changes in a while!
    With 12 reps to fill you had 8 clicks each so 96 clicks to start all the daily rep missions. its was a truly annoying experience so far.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Wow, this is a long one. Not back up till 1pm CST.
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Extension of maintenance? That is the first of the new year.
  • kornastenikerkornasteniker Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    It's 2019 not 2018 ;)
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    PC maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience and we'll see you in game!
This discussion has been closed.