test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Mirror of Discovery Launches January 23rd!

2»

Comments

• thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Will we finally learn who the mysterious Emperor is in the 25th century mirror universe?

I am guessing Miles O'Brien, Or his son Kirayoshi O'Brien who might have been born in the mirror universe as well and might be the desendent and leader of the empire we are dealing with ingame. As Miles O'brein or Smiley was the was the Leader of the Terran Resistance Forces it would make sense if he or one of his descendants would be the current emperor.
    It Could even be Mirror Riker with the God Like Power of the Q. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Emperor
    According to the information uncovered by the Prime Universe operatives, Emperor is a Terran who rose through the ranks of Imperial Starfleet after a strange encounter gave him god-like powers.
    Ruthless and capable of incredible feats, he has a tendency of showing up uncannily and destroying his conspirators. Thus far, he has been completely undefeatable.

Riker was Given the Powers of the Q in the Next Generation, given the fall of the Terran Empire, then its reformation it might make sense that Riker joined at a later date and was given his powers by Mirror Q. Just to see what he would do with them. Or he could be like Gary Mitchel who got god like powers either way, I'm sure its something they might not reveal at all or maybe will have something about him if they ever do a mirror storyline finishing off the Mirror Leeta arc. Now that I think about it, it could be Mirror Wesley crusher as his prime counterpart became a Traveler and according to Memory Alpha,
    The Traveler had certain abilities, like the ability to act like "a lens with focused thought", which allowed him to alter space, time, and warp fields with the power of his mind. He could phase out of time and dimension and move between planets and starships. These abilities were based on his ability to focus the energy of thoughts and in his advanced understanding of the nature of reality. I think he would be the most likely candidate for the Emperor. Since we know he has god like abilties and its hinted he can show up uncannily. Something the Traveler is able to do and we know Wesley Crusher himself became a Traveler and it is possible it happened in the mirror universe as well. So It just might be him. The Emperor Could be Wesley Crusher.

Riker and Welsey would be the two most logical, as they both would have god like powers if Riker was given them in the Mirror Universe. But given how powerful the Q is, I don't think any one can stand against that and we know they had problems of there own they had to encounter and Q like power could just stomp any of them. Because of this I think it would be be Welesy, as the Traveler has the abilties to travel anywhere. Can show up but they would not have the direct power of the Q. But would be really powerful with Warp Bubbles, Phasing out and altering space time. It would give the impression of God like power but still make him possible to beat. Leeta might be able to beat him with the Pah-wraith and take his place. Which is something I think will happen or has happened within the mirror storyline they have been doing.
    Post edited by thevampinator on
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Wonder if the ship will look like this:
    vulcan.jpg

I haven't seen a single episode of Discovery.
    I was going to catch the first episode "on demand" on my cable since they make pretty much every network show, certainly from the major broadcast networks, available in that format but I guess CBS thought that Star Trek was too special and so it never showed up there.

Anyway, that says cruiser and the article says "scout ship", so I don't know if there were other Vulcan ships in the show but maybe someone has some video of something... In any event, I imagine some ship info will be incoming before too long and that will include an image.
    I checked on Memory Alpha and apparently, that's the only Vulcan ship seen in Discovery, and it's noted to be quite small for a cruiser. So, I guess this is going to be this one.

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Vulcan_cruiser_(23rd_century)

It has a ring (OK, half of it) and it's brown, so I guess for the people responsible for the overall design of the series, that counts as "Vulcan ship".
    Also, how they managed, once again, to fail at size continuity:
    https://fleetyard.blogspot.com/2018/08/the-size-of-vulcan-cruiser-from-star.html
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    vulcan.jpg

I was going to catch the first episode "on demand" on my cable since they make pretty much every network show, certainly from the major broadcast networks, available in that format but I guess CBS thought that Star Trek was too special and so it never showed up there.

Anyway, that says cruiser and the article says "scout ship", so I don't know if there were other Vulcan ships in the show but maybe someone has some video of something... In any event, I imagine some ship info will be incoming before too long and that will include an image.
    I checked on Memory Alpha and apparently, that's the only Vulcan ship seen in Discovery, and it's noted to be quite small for a cruiser. So, I guess this is going to be this one.

It has a ring (OK, half of it) and it's brown, so I guess for the people responsible for the overall design of the series, that counts as "Vulcan ship".
    https://fleetyard.blogspot.com/2018/08/the-size-of-vulcan-cruiser-from-star.html

This hurts. Actual pain and nausea here. DSC is stubbornly repeating the biggest blunders of 2009...
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    vulcan.jpg

Thanks for the info.

I guess since they have called it a "scout ship" here that it will be closer in size to the smaller scale.
    DSC is stubbornly repeating the biggest blunders of 2009...

What blunders are those?

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »
    Nothing for the Klingon's?!

Like all anniversary ships, this ship is cross faction.

Are you saying my Odyssey and Ambassador are cross-faction?

You mean Bortas'q and Kamarag?

Those too!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    When I saw Disco-Mirror Spock's Father fighting in a resistance to the Terran Empire, I had wondered when the Vulcans joined the Terran Empire, not as slaves but as equals.

But considering it's confirmed by STO blog that Disco is 'reimagined' Star Trek, it really doesn't matter....
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    When I saw Disco-Mirror Spock's Father fighting in a resistance to the Terran Empire, I had wondered when the Vulcans joined the Terran Empire, not as slaves but as equals.

But considering it's confirmed by STO blog that Disco is 'reimagined' Star Trek, it really doesn't matter....

Well, how do we know Mirror Spock wasn't just a special case due to being half Terran? As far as I know it's completely possible most other Vulcans are enslaved during the TOS era.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    I want Q's Mariachi Band to make a comeback tour for the Ninth Anniversary! ESD, First City, the Promenade, and New Romulus!
    321px-Mariachi_Q_Card.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke_AkJC92IA
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Mariachi
    http://mariachi-music.purzuit.com/video/VBTRp80Q64U.html

They can make a Mariachi Q doff, and put Mariachi outfits in the Anniversary Store!
    The Borg Assimilator
  • phoeniz1994phoeniz1994 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    If we ever are able to buy the I.S.S.-registry for all Ships (like the NX-registry) and the Terran Stripes (either red or yellow), i would so throw money at the screen insta-buying it :3
    0he9rXF.png
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @phoeniz1994 said:
    > If we ever are able to buy the I.S.S.-registry for all Ships (like the NX-registry) and the Terran Stripes (either red or yellow), i would so throw money at the screen insta-buying it :3

Me too, I want my Mirror odyssey class
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    > @phoeniz1994 said:
    > If we ever are able to buy the I.S.S.-registry for all Ships (like the NX-registry) and the Terran Stripes (either red or yellow), i would so throw money at the screen insta-buying it :3

In the foundry the Mirror markings are one of the hull markings (I.E. Gemini, Virgo etc) and can be tailored to any colour of your choosing.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • phoeniz1994phoeniz1994 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    > @phoeniz1994 said:

In the foundry the Mirror markings are one of the hull markings (I.E. Gemini, Virgo etc) and can be tailored to any colour of your choosing.

i know, but i'd like to have them on My Toon ;)

About the the Foundry option, it's greatly useful in my Foundry Episodes :)
    0he9rXF.png
    vulcan.jpg

Thanks for the info.

I guess since they have called it a "scout ship" here that it will be closer in size to the smaller scale.
    DSC is stubbornly repeating the biggest blunders of 2009...

What blunders are those?

After the time and effort put into scaling and designing the Enterprise (2009) as a 366-meter long ship, they made a mistake in building the shuttle bay too big for the ship they had designed. Instead of fixing the shuttlebay, someone (probably a Moonves lackey) made the decision to super-size the ship. Without fixing any of the hundreds of details on the ship to scale it correctly (creating more problems). There was then a total collapse of internal consistency as these bad decision bred like tribbles. From a few months before the film's release to nearly a year later, at least a dozen 'official' sizes were given for the ship (last I checked Memory Alpha had at least nine documented). The worst of which was the Size Chart included on the Blu-Ray; they couldn't even scale that correctly for the sizes as stated on the chart. Sloppy and lazy. Sad.
    The Borg Assimilator
    Mirror Vulcan Scout Ship (well a version of it....):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9TdvN07ZWI
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    I am hoping they release the discovery Klingon appearance with this update.

If they don't you could just use Na'Kuhl, they are very close in looks, there is probably little or no difference between them character model-wise.
  • jdb001#2430 jdb001 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    After watching DISCO for my 2nd time all the way through, I am ready for a game update for interior environments and ship designs to go full DISCO. Or at least an update from the Okuda 90's graphic styles.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well there is less Moonves now than there was then. So his flunkies have flunked out.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It has to be Season 16 as Season 15.5 occurred on December 4th with the release of the Juggernaut with Promotional R&D Packs and December 13th with the release of the Mirror Engle added to the Infinity Lockbox. What the heck else do you expect from a .5 Season, an Episode?
    ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    It has to be Season 16 as Season 15.5 occurred on December 4th with the release of the Juggernaut with Promotional R&D Packs and December 13th with the release of the Mirror Engle added to the Infinity Lockbox. What the heck else do you expect from a .5 Season, an Episode?
    ;)

Let's see... previous .5 seasons included:

- Season 8.5: New episode "A Step Between Stars," Revamped Klingon War episodes, Quick equip and Loadout systems
    - Season 9.5: Crafting Revamp (this was the only thing prior to Delta Rising's release)
    - Season 10.5: Fleet Research Lab, Armadas, New episode "Broken Circle"
    - Season 11.5: New episode "Temporal Front," Revamped Skills system, Romulan Admiralty campaign, Strategist secondary Specialization and Visual slots to apply starship visuals without giving up a different set.
    - Artifacts: New episode "Echoes of Light," Fleet Station K-13, Revamp of Kit system, Lighting 2.0 update, New Romulus missions added to journal
    - Season 13.5: New episode "Brushfire," Endeavor system added, Ferengi Admiralty campaign added.
    - Season 14.5: New episode "The Renegade's Regret," Constable secondary Specialization

Most mid-season updates always include an episode and either a revamp or some kind of new addition to the game. With Mirror of discovery, we're getting a new system that sounds like it's going to be big, as well as 2 episodes rather than one.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Here's to hoping for the release of Dsc Andorians and/or Tellarites as a playable species...

And then... maybe... on down the road... The I.S.S. Charon
    dis-charon-oblique.jpg
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    ISS Charon is mine! MINE!!! I already have the water bear to hook up to the spore interface. A quick retrofitting of the s-drive from the Glenn, and I am all set for total domination.T'Ket will be my pet slave serving romulan ale... ...Killy will be my bilge officer and Leeta do the laundry.
    /Floozy
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    I want Q's Mariachi Band to make a comeback tour for the Ninth Anniversary! ESD, First City, the Promenade, and New Romulus!
    321px-Mariachi_Q_Card.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke_AkJC92IA
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Mariachi
    http://mariachi-music.purzuit.com/video/VBTRp80Q64U.html

They can make a Mariachi Q doff, and put Mariachi outfits in the Anniversary Store!

Or a least the hat. :smiley:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    I have a question about the 2nd Season/Series (nod to British cousins) Discovery.

Where I live, where Discovery is not locked behind CBS's 'All Access' (paywall), ST:D is going to air tomorrow (Thursday). Is the show going be shown on 'All Access' on Thursday as well?

Was the switch to compete with Orville for viewership? That may play against ST:D's viewership rather than erode the 'competition's' fanbase. In space, why don't ST:D play nice with Orville? I mean both are good, in their own way, of maintaining the legacy of Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek.
    > @captaincelestial said:
    > I have a question about the 2nd Season/Series (nod to British cousins) Discovery.
    >
    > Where I live, where Discovery is not locked behind CBS's 'All Access' (paywall), ST:D is going to air tomorrow (Thursday). Is the show going be shown on 'All Access' on Thursday as well?
    >
    > Was the switch to compete with Orville for viewership? That may play against ST:D's viewership rather than erode the 'competition's' fanbase. In space, why don't ST:D play nice with Orville? I mean both are good, in their own way, of maintaining the legacy of Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek.

Where do you live?
    The home of the Space channel :)
    I could have watched the ST:D Shorts, but I didn't bother looking at the schedule to find out when they were being shown....
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Now, since this is the first time Killy (or, if one insists, Mirror!Tilly) is actually appearing instead of just being mentioned as background, the writing team has opportunity to flesh her out into a worthy antagonist. Here are a few things to consider:

• does she share the original's scientific aptitude and knack for (theoretical) engineering? If so, that means in game terms she'd have access to the full gamut of science kit modules and abilities, maybe cherried with Intel or even Miracle Worker. Note that this applies both dirtside and in the Big Black;
    • just how long has she been here before we encounter her? If Mirror!Lorca could pass off as his Prime counterpart so effectively for so long, who's to say that Mirror!Tilly hasn't unknowingly taken a page from J'Ula's playbook and has been keeping a low profile while learning the proverbial lay of the land?
    • exactly how did she end up in the present in the first place? The answer almost certainly has nothing to do with J'Ula and her experimental weapon; and...
    • how would she deal with the fact that yes, there's a Mirrorverse, and a Terran Empire, here too? Her attempting to carve a place for herself in same could be an interesting plot point... and set up a conflict with Mirror!Leeta (who, as noted, isn't exactly sane). Could any (again, uneasy and temporary) alliance with the players be instead aimed at getting rid of said Bajoran? After all, she might well argue, if you're going to have a recurring antagonist, wouldn't the players prefer one who is relatively sane, and unlikely to mess around with the Pah-Wraiths and who knows what else?
    > @shadowfirefly00 said:
    > Now, since this is the first time Killy (or, if one insists, Mirror!Tilly) is actually appearing instead of just being mentioned as background, the writing team has opportunity to flesh her out into a worthy antagonist. Here are a few things to consider:
    >
    >
    > * does she share the original's scientific aptitude and knack for (theoretical) engineering? If so, that means in game terms she'd have access to the full gamut of science kit modules and abilities, maybe cherried with Intel or even Miracle Worker. Note that this applies both dirtside and in the Big Black;
    > * just how long has she been here before we encounter her? If Mirror!Lorca could pass off as his Prime counterpart so effectively for so long, who's to say that Mirror!Tilly hasn't unknowingly taken a page from J'Ula's playbook and has been keeping a low profile while learning the proverbial lay of the land?
    > * exactly how did she end up in the present in the first place? The answer almost certainly has nothing to do with J'Ula and her experimental weapon; and...
    > * how would she deal with the fact that yes, there's a Mirrorverse, and a Terran Empire, here too? Her attempting to carve a place for herself in same could be an interesting plot point... and set up a conflict with Mirror!Leeta (who, as noted, isn't exactly sane). Could any (again, uneasy and temporary) alliance with the players be instead aimed at getting rid of said Bajoran? After all, she might well argue, if you're going to have a recurring antagonist, wouldn't the players prefer one who is relatively sane, and unlikely to mess around with the Pah-Wraiths and who knows what else?

I’m assuming the ISS Discovery was thrown into the future when it swapped places with the USS Discovery and somehow it’s debris will make it back to the past.
  • richyrich1991richyrich1991 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    Do we know what time the update is coming tomorrow?
    "As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives.
    This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Victory is Life!"
    njflWNG.jpg
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    Do we know what time the update is coming tomorrow?

Patch notes should be out soon, patience :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg