test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DIS Terran Uniforms are going to be Lockbox?

kellmg96#5851 kellmg96 Member Posts: 858 Arc User
During tonight's twitch stream, everytime it was brought up, Kael talked about the next lockbox, The Emperors/Terran Lockbox.

If true, this is truly disappointing. I dont have the money, nor know how to work the dil/zen balance enough to get keys to buy well enough to do it that way.

Please Cryptic, make it Zen Store.

video link-https://www.twitch.tv/videos/361485264##
I redact NOTHING
bvpbRd1.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    I think they will :/
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    infinity boxes buy low sell hight, fill your bank with those boxes when they are on dill. store. and sell them when they are gone.
    have you accumulate a lot of fc ? buy purple officers with those from fleet base and sell them on the exc.
    buy 10 or 20 keys. sell them on the exc. and buy from there the outfit box ...
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,442 Arc User
    It is the C-Store not the Zen Store. C for Cryptic even with the zen currency. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I'm thinking its going to be in the lobistore they always put oufits in the lobistore from what we have seen over the years so I don't expect that to change. I am hoping its zen store. But more then likely they will use the greed factor and desire for those outfits and make them lobi outfits like they did the 25th century Terran outfits. So players will open up lockboxes for the lobi to buy the outfits. I really am hoping they are not going to do this. But given what they have done in the past count on it if they are going to be released alongside a lockbox. I'm just hoping these Terran Outfits will be Crossfaction and not starfleet only.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I'm thinking its going to be in the lobistore they always put oufits in the lobistore from what we have seen over the years so I don't expect that to change. I am hoping its zen store. But more then likely they will use the greed factor and desire for those outfits and make them lobi outfits like they did the 25th century Terran outfits. So players will open up lockboxes for the lobi to buy the outfits. I really am hoping they are not going to do this. But given what they have done in the past count on it.

well, on bright side there is a good chance the lesser prizes from the lockbox will be dirt cheap from everyone opening boxs for lobi.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    nightken wrote: »
    I'm thinking its going to be in the lobistore they always put oufits in the lobistore from what we have seen over the years so I don't expect that to change. I am hoping its zen store. But more then likely they will use the greed factor and desire for those outfits and make them lobi outfits like they did the 25th century Terran outfits. So players will open up lockboxes for the lobi to buy the outfits. I really am hoping they are not going to do this. But given what they have done in the past count on it.

well, on bright side there is a good chance the lesser prizes from the lockbox will be dirt cheap from everyone opening boxs for lobi.

I for one think they should be Zen Store. They have the terran tos outfits in zen store and they are an official show outfit. These discovery Terran outfits are official show outfits that were worn even by the prime discovery crew as means to blend in with the terran universe. This should be enough reason to release them as a C-store outfit unlock. But if they are going on about the new lockbox that tells me its going to be a lobi outfit I am really hoping I'm wrong on this and they will have consideration for once releasing a new outfit in the zenstore. Instead of adding it in with Lockbox lobi gate. Meaning the outfit can only be unlocked on one character and not for all of them.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I have no problem with Terran Empire uniforms being lockbox or lobi. Almost all enemy faction clothes are. But I don't dare look forward to them, since they'll probably just be Fed-locked yet again. :disappointed:

Because the Terran Empire is a member of the Federation, yes? :p
    reyan01 wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »
    I have no problem with Terran Empire uniforms being lockbox or lobi. Almost all enemy faction clothes are. But I don't dare look forward to them, since they'll probably just be Fed-locked yet again. :disappointed:

Because the Terran Empire is a member of the Federation, yes? :p

No, but they are representative of an Empire that beleives in Human superiority.......
    So? All the enemy factions believe in their own superiority.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Disco uniforms were free for a while to promote some buzz.

Danger of these being gamblebox would be the set gets split into parts and given different % chance to drop or they become another victim of the idiotic chance of a chance approach used with cosmetic shields.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Usually five days of free giveaways every Anniversary. Maybe.

Lobi Store but not C-Store. When was the last time they added clothes there?

If they go to a Lockbox you have yourselves to blame, drooling all over the place asking for them. It could be worse. It could go to the Dilitium Store for the discount price of 2,000,000 Dilitium per Character. Another case of drooling requests.

The only ones that can afford that for multiple Characters are those complaining about the Dilitium Cap of 10,000,000.

;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Lobi Store but not C-Store. When was the last time they added clothes there?
    ViL
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I bought my Kelvin Timeline Klingon Regalia outfit in the Lobi store just for the blinged-out Klingon ridges.

So, yeah, I will buy keys to open boxes for Lobi....if the Klingon outfits end up in the Lobi Store. And depending on the item I may even buy for multiple Klingons (though probably not for the Ferasan or Orion or Lethean).
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    If true, this is truly disappointing. I dont have the money, nor know how to work the dil/zen balance enough to get keys to buy well enough to do it that way.

THIS is actually worth learning... you should talk with my Armada Leader...he excels at it.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    If so, the unlock token will probably be on the Exchange for credits. Anyone can pile up credits with endeavors and admiralty. And dil can be converted to more credits by dil > zen > keys > credits.
    EV Suits don't count.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    No surprise that it's a lobi costume. The mirror Jupiter and mirror odyssey uniforms are both in the lobi store. The mirror TOS stuff is c-store but that's from back before the lock box/lobi days.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Or, you know, you could just gather EC and buy them off the exchange. Since lockbox & lobi store things can be sold there.

No need to spend zen, or learn to "work" the Zen/Dil exchange.
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Or, you know, you could just gather EC and buy them off the exchange. Since lockbox & lobi store things can be sold there.

No need to spend zen, or learn to "work" the Zen/Dil exchange.

He can, but....it is good to learn how to make coins in this game.
    It is very useful info.

There was a very good reason that the Mirror Jupiter and Mirror Odyssey Uniforms were Lobi - Leeta's Hotpants. ;)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Three outcomes that are likely to happen....Lock Box, Lobi, or the less likely of the three is perhaps it will cost a million dilithium like a few of the other rare outfits like the Enterprise MACO or Khan excursion jacket.

There hasn't been a single Terran item on the C-Store since they released the TOS and Enterprise Terran uniforms long long ago.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User

lianthelia wrote: »
    Three outcomes that are likely to happen....Lock Box, Lobi, or the less likely of the three is perhaps it will cost a million dilithium like a few of the other rare outfits like the Enterprise MACO or Khan excursion jacket.

There hasn't been a single Terran item on the C-Store since they released the TOS and Enterprise Terran uniforms long long ago.

No!!!!!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »

maybe its time?......

They know people are going to want it...a LOT...and it isn't a generic faction item...so odds are they're going to go the gamble box route.
    Everyone continue to slobber and it will never be free or C-Store. :)

Reverse psychology. 'I really hope they won't release it as an Anniversary Gift Account Unlock for a limited time then add to the Phoenix Store'.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    *quietly builds up EC and DL reserves*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Damn typical if they release it as a damn Lobi store items.... Probably the real reason why we don't have the I.S.S. prefix. To sell more MU lobi ships...
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Lobi is the logical action… and i'm ok with that… love that could be free for a time, but revenue is what keeps the lights on, and i'm ok with that..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    EV Suits don't count.

Jem'Hadar Tactical Uniform, like every uniform included in an expansion mega pack, is also available a la carte. In fact, with just a single exception, every new outfit made available for purchase with Zen in the C-store since August 2012 has been part of one of these packs. The exception was the TNG Romulan uniform, which I suspect was being held back as an additional pot sweetener for the Legacy Pack, but that orders didn't merit another, so they held it back for about 6 weeks and sold it separately.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • tvalavulcantvalavulcan Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Now where did I put my Lobi...
This discussion has been closed.