test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror of Discovery (Season update/Anniversary Confirmed)

Comments

• terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 871 Arc User
    OMG Yes!!!

f73af98fc14b88d5b577947fd99c15381546998907.jpg

Those uniforms look amazing! If there is a god please let it be in the C-store for the Terran uniforms. And one day I.S.S. prefixes too!
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 944 Arc User
    Fascinating. If I read this correctly, there could be a bit more to this than just another incursion (see: Mirror Invasion)... for example, what if her aim here is to seek an (admittedly, temporary and uneasy) alliance against something mucking about back home? Such a setup would be a springboard for future missions taking place in the DSC!Mirrorverse.

On another note, it would be appreciated if the career-specific objectives (see: 'Frozen', 'Facility 4028', 'Mine Enemy' 'Second Wave') make a return.

Would also be pleased if we get the remaining DSC uniform variants (the 'tactical' version of the basic uniform, and the Terran regalia).
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    Fascinating. If I read this correctly, there could be a bit more to this than just another incursion (see: Mirror Invasion)... for example, what if her aim here is to seek an (admittedly, temporary and uneasy) alliance against something mucking about back home? Such a setup would be a springboard for future missions taking place in the DSC!Mirrorverse.

On another note, it would be appreciated if the career-specific objectives (see: 'Frozen', 'Facility 4028', 'Mine Enemy' 'Second Wave') make a return.

Would also be pleased if we get the remaining DSC uniform variants (the 'tactical' version of the basic uniform, and the Terran regalia).

Also the 3/4 sleece variants.
    Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options like rolled sleeves, adding a "thickness" modifier to hair, and letting the complexion affect the entire body, not just the head.
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts.
    4) Terran Empire event similar to AoY, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    5) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,146 Arc User
    She hasn't aged a bit. Will it be time travel, or Son'a face stretching techniques?
    rrw_tetreya2.jpg
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 12,436 Arc User
    hawku001x wrote: »
    She hasn't aged a bit. Will it be time travel, or Son'a face stretching techniques?

Pretty much has to be time-travel really, likely connected to the referenced "strange readings from an Ion Storm".
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

• smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 229 Arc User

Female characters don't seem to age in this game. The men go gray (see Bashir), but the women remain eternally youthful (see 60+ year old Seven of Nine).
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User

Female characters don't seem to age in this game. The men go gray (see Bashir), but the women remain eternally youthful (see 60+ year old Seven of Nine).

Well seven is part borg.......but a better example would be Kai Nyris. Still looks....the exact same. ORRR the ACTUAL Leeta we had to talk to in the recent missions? Nog looks older, Rom looks older, Quark looks older....Leeta....looks the same! ORRRRRRRR how about Tasha Yar/Romulan Baddy/Time traveling/how old IS she anyway/Still looks like season 1 Tasha Yar from TNG.

But that's gaming. Cute/handsome male characters don't sell. lol
    edited January 9

Well seven is part borg.......but a better example would be Kai Nyris. Still looks....the exact same. ORRR the ACTUAL Leeta we had to talk to in the recent missions? Nog looks older, Rom looks older, Quark looks older....Leeta....looks the same! ORRRRRRRR how about Tasha Yar/Romulan Baddy/Time traveling/how old IS she anyway/Still looks like season 1 Tasha Yar from TNG.

But that's gaming. Cute/handsome male characters don't sell. lol

To be fair, we don't know a great deal about the Bajoran aging process nor lifespan.

Tasha Yar was time-displaced, so shouldn't look too different anyway.

Sela is half Romulan - which is bascially the same as being half-Vulcan, and Spock certainly had a long lifespan.
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

• smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    "Sela is half Romulan - which is bascially the same as being half-Vulcan, and Spock certainly had a long lifespan."

Sela should just be getting to her "respectable" age where she might actually have some power and authority. It never made sense that a 20 year old half-breed was in charge of the Romulan fleet back in TNG.
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    "Sela is half Romulan - which is bascially the same as being half-Vulcan, and Spock certainly had a long lifespan."

Sela should just be getting to her "respectable" age where she might actually have some power and authority. It never made sense that a 20 year old half-breed was in charge of the Romulan fleet back in TNG.

lol...just choked at the "half breed" comment!

For some reason I was thinking like a Orc/Elf in WOW armor on the bridge of a DD facing off against Picard....
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,363 Arc User
    edited January 9
    So DSC gets to ruin an alternate timeline too? ;)
    So not only do we have to fight off MU aggressors from the current time, we have to fight off Captain Tilly (who should be dead from old age by now) from the MU too? Please stop putting the timeline(s) in a blender.

This is the problem when you use time travel as a crutch for your stories.
    Now we have bad guys from...
    1. our universe / present
    2. our universe / future
    3. our universe / past
    4. some other universe / present
    5. some other universe / future
    6. some other universe / past
    It's just getting stupid. A few DSC people got flung into the future from that weapon thing that Jhula fired off... fine. She's here now. What is Captain Tilly's excuse for coming to 2410 from the past of an entirely different universe?!

(Personally, I still do not consider DSC to be Prime timeline, but for sake of argument, I have allowed that to be considered vs this MU Tilly who has no reason to come here... from a different universe... from that past.) ;)
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 944 Arc User
    So DSC gets to ruin an alternate timeline too? ;)
    So not only do we have to fight off MU aggressors from the current time, we have to fight off Captain Tilly (who should be dead from old age by now) from the MU too? Please stop putting the timeline(s) in a blender.

This is the problem when you use time travel as a crutch for your stories.
    Quite true, even if it does give rise to the amusing scenario where we respond to an incursion only to find that it's a double-header... with both Prime and DSC Terrans fighting each other over it! Anyone needing another example of how much of a mess can arise from temporal shenanigans has only to read up on the story behind the C&C: Red Alert games.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,433 Arc User
    idea , mirror invasion event could be changed into dscvry mirror map ,with palace ship as the boss npc !!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 47,877 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    idea , mirror invasion event could be changed into dscvry mirror map ,with palace ship as the boss npc !!

As interesting as that sounds... best not start converting everything to Discovery. Not only would it make the people who rage against Discovery rage even more and light the forums on fire, STO covers ALL of Trek. Not just one series.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

That'd be a FAR better idea than the current 'prevent them from attacking random station for reasons'!
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

• themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

As interesting as that sounds... best not start converting everything to Discovery. Not only would it make the people who rage against Discovery rage even more and light the forums on fire, STO covers ALL of Trek. Not just one series.

At least until CBS starts making demands and edicts while holding the licensing hostage.
    Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options like rolled sleeves, adding a "thickness" modifier to hair, and letting the complexion affect the entire body, not just the head.
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts.
    4) Terran Empire event similar to AoY, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    5) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 5,906 Arc User

At least until CBS starts making demands and edicts while holding the licensing hostage.

Pretty confident that is already going on.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 4,769 Arc User
    Damnit, I have a vacation to Raccoon City planned for that week ... I hope the anniversary ship sucks so I don't feel compelled to acquire it.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    LJEhU5U.png
  • kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    To be fair, we've not taken in consideration that genetic modification and cloning would be out of a Terran Empire Ideal of Superiority over the other races. I mean, we've not seen if the Eugenics Wars took place in their timeline...So it could be "Killy" is the current Terran Empire Emperor which is why Mirror Leeta was cautious of growing in power, and keeping out of sight of the Emperor. Remember none of her recordings or missions, or the TFOs have said she eliminated the Emperor....
  • geordiep#8432 geordiep Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    A temporal mirror agent?
    Sounds awesome... If only.
    Have heard (unconfirmed) rumours about an "Emperor's Lock Box" too........

ISS Charon as the prize perhaps?
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 4,769 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Have heard (unconfirmed) rumours about an "Emperor's Lock Box" too........

ISS Charon as the prize perhaps?

That thing would have to be a Promo Box ship, not a lock box ship.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    LJEhU5U.png
    > @evilmark444 said:
    > reyan01 wrote: »
    >
    > Have heard (unconfirmed) rumours about an "Emperor's Lock Box" too........
    >
    > ISS Charon as the prize perhaps?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That thing would have to be a Promo Box ship, not a lock box ship.

Not necessarily
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 8,905 Arc User
    Don't talk about C-Store for this stuff like prefixes and Mirror Discovery Uniforms. Anniversary's normally get five days of freebies. Wish for them there as part of that.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!
    Judge Dan Haywood
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 47,877 Arc User
    kaggert27 wrote: »
    To be fair, we've not taken in consideration that genetic modification and cloning would be out of a Terran Empire Ideal of Superiority over the other races. I mean, we've not seen if the Eugenics Wars took place in their timeline...So it could be "Killy" is the current Terran Empire Emperor which is why Mirror Leeta was cautious of growing in power, and keeping out of sight of the Emperor. Remember none of her recordings or missions, or the TFOs have said she eliminated the Emperor....

There's still the issue of Admiral Cornwall saying they found debris consistant with Discovery in the 23rd Century. Indicating that they found the wreckage of ISS Discovery and confused it for USS Discovery. If Mirror Tilly is the Emperor in 2410... how do you explain her ship's wreckage being in the 23rd Century?

Also... Prime Burnham was able to fight off her "XO" just fine. If he had been augmented, she would have not have been able to hold her own whatsoever. I mean Kelvin Spock was barely a match for Khan in hand to hand. So I don't honestly think augmentation is a regular thing in the Empire. Terran Superiority doesn't have to mean physical. It could just be an ideological thing. Kinda like the Imperium of Man in Warhammer 40k and their belief that humanity is superior to all. Also their rampant xenophobia and technological stagnation. I mean even TOUCHING an alien weapon that is actually superior to a human built weapon is heresy and demands the death sentence. No studying why a Tau rifle outperforms a Lasrifle. It is an affront to the Machine Spirits and must be destroyed without question.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • kellmg96#5851 kellmg96 Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    Tribble of Spore? please
    sE8rUC0.jpg
    T6 Cooperative Tactical Dreadnought ~ Mirror Universe Borg Queen Leeta
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 782 Arc User

There's still the issue of Admiral Cornwall saying they found debris consistant with Discovery in the 23rd Century. Indicating that they found the wreckage of ISS Discovery and confused it for USS Discovery. If Mirror Tilly is the Emperor in 2410... how do you explain her ship's wreckage being in the 23rd Century?

Also... Prime Burnham was able to fight off her "XO" just fine. If he had been augmented, she would have not have been able to hold her own whatsoever. I mean Kelvin Spock was barely a match for Khan in hand to hand. So I don't honestly think augmentation is a regular thing in the Empire. Terran Superiority doesn't have to mean physical. It could just be an ideological thing. Kinda like the Imperium of Man in Warhammer 40k and their belief that humanity is superior to all. Also their rampant xenophobia and technological stagnation. I mean even TOUCHING an alien weapon that is actually superior to a human built weapon is heresy and demands the death sentence. No studying why a Tau rifle outperforms a Lasrifle. It is an affront to the Machine Spirits and must be destroyed without question.

It's more than just ideological. If you look at the Emperor with making the Adeptus Astartes, and the Primarchs, then with Papa Ultrasmurf Rawbutt Girlyman bringing the Snowflake Marines(Primaris Astartes) online among other changes now that he's taken charge again. Terran superiority is also numerical, and through means of production, especially when compared to the Eldar and Tau. Look at how quickly the death world of Krieg can pump out regiments of soldiers. Or how many tanks the forge worlds of Gryphonne IV, Hydra, and Mars can roll out. In a way, yes, this is physical superiority. Adeptus Mechanicus wanting to replace biological parts with mechanical, similar to Iron Warriors. When not allying themselves with the Necrons.

Also, I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of subfactions in the Imperium of Man that swipe or study xenotech that they come across. Dark Angels, Thieving Magpies(Blood Ravens), even Kaldor Draigo's sword. And the Inquisition studies that stuff all the time. They just don't burp out their findings. And not everyone answers to the Adeptus Mechanicus.

I'm still considering If The Emperor Had a Text to Speech Device to be canon. #MagnusDidNothingWrong. #MagnusWasAGoodBoy.

Ohhhhhhhhh, Mirror Universe Terran Emperor KHAN!
    Gets thawed later, and takes the F over!!
    sE8rUC0.jpg
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,433 Arc User
    edited January 9

ok keep the old map too. the papers can be rewarded from both maps but only one in 20h. and make the disco map less time-consuming. then we will see how many haters will choice the old map ^^

Ohhhhhhhhh, Mirror Universe Terran Emperor Khan.
    sE8rUC0.jpg