test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Okay when should we expect AoD Part 2 to come about, I'm getting excited and wondering when?

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
Okay when do you think we will be getting more news on it or when it will be released. Any guesses? We know its going to be some time in January.
Will it be later in the month or soon?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    Given that part 2 is tied to the anniversary, and the winter event goes on to the 17th, at earliest we will see it on the like 22nd.

Im more thinking 29th January or 5th February
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Great, the foundry is just back up too, no doubt it will be down again until almost S17!

It only goes down with "a new code branch." We've had season updates that didn't result in downtime (11 IIRC) and I think 0.5 releases have had a pretty good track record there too.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • botc76botc76 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Ugh. I'm so disappointed with the snail pace and can't even begin to hope the update will be worth any wait.
    As long as they don't start a special reward event, like with the previous attempts to force us to create new characters, I have zero drive to continue playing with my Discovery toon.

I mean, I'd rather grind points with my Jem Hadar so I can get the last reward sometime.

Overall I've been so disappointed with this new season that I have barely played since.
    And normally I always play Winterwonderland and not just for the ship, but also because I like it.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    it'll be on the 24th kids.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    My guess would be late January with the anniversary release
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    My guess would be late January with the anniversary release

You don't have to guess, it is in that flyer they released the info already, you know.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Looking forward to it. AoD was a nice teaser. I'd kinda like to see Cryptic turn back time a bit and release a new AoD Featured Episode every month for all of 2019.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Seeing how little AoD actually gave us, I'm surprised we've not gotten anything new yet.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Seeing how little AoD actually gave us, I'm surprised we've not gotten anything new yet.
    I'm guessing they are saving it up for the release of part two, because there is so much they have to do like
    new missions and maps. In order to reach their deadlines cannot just rush it fully. We know they didn't have much time to program in a new tutorial with a unique story so they reused the regular fed tutorial and changed things. I think they started on this project sometime after release of victory is life. Which if I recall was released in June. When Cbs offered to allow them to work with it or the team asked to join in. Or whatever happened. You can see this in the way they added in the three races they did. Human Vulcan and Alien. We know they are working on discovery klingon models and I'm hoping those get released with update 2.

They didn't remove any of the 25th century pieces like the Borg implant or nothing like that. Since its release I think they have had to work hard to work on outfits, ships. new missions, New Racial options those found in discovery for existing races. Possible Reputation rework, maybe programming more races for the age of discovery faction and much more including updating removed missions. And given how many people they have to do it . Which is not many. Maybe the main reason why they started up this new upcoming content Roadmap. As they know players would be wanting to see new content now and this gives them a little breathing room and allows them to delay certain aspects in a manner to where they can finish them.
    I'm guessing they are saving it up for the release of part two
    The average story arc in STO has about 7 missions. So I could see part 1 having two missions(accounting for the fact it had a new tutorial), part 2 having 2-3 missions, and part 3 having 2-3 missions, for a total of 7-8 missions. Cryptic has said part 2 is coming with more then one mission, so we know that at least.

By the time AoD is done, seemingly in May, we will have
    -Discovery era starting experience
    -7 story missions
    -2 TFOs(Defense of Starbase 1 and Limited Engagement)
    -2 events(Battle of Binary Stars and Pahvo Dissension)
    -T6 reputations
    -Random TFO system
    -Personal Endeavor system
    -However many Disco era ships they release by then
    -Disco era Klingon costume parts

This not accounting for them getting the Klingon war arc revamp done by then.

Well its going to be a busy year for them that is for sure. When the picard show comes out they might work on content from that as well. Who knows maybe they could use Short Trek content. Would love to see them add Harry Mudd into the game and guess what they now have a lore friendly way of doing it. Not going to spoil it. But its really something.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited January 2019

Well its going to be a busy year for them that is for sure. When the picard show comes out they might work on content from that as well. Who knows maybe they could use Short Trek content. Would love to see them add Harry Mudd into the game and guess what they now have a lore friendly way of doing it. Not going to spoil it. But its really something.

Well recently folks on Ten Forward said that they're wanting to do less A-B-C narratives that take a story through a completely linear way and open things up to smaller side stories that can be picked up and left off. Jumping to the ISS Discovery for the anniversary/part 2 probably featured into that, as one with an eye on the narrative might think that a very Klingon focused episode (ie. her trying to enlist modern KDF houses) would be a direct way of continuing the plot line with J'ula.

So if Cryptic opts for a little more flexibility over the long term they might be able to bring in more from the IP, without needing long season arcs to lead into every new reference (which also helps in working with an ongoing series which may throw in new developments at a season's notice.) So for example, an episode dealing with DSC could immediately be followed with a stand-alone integration of the Picard-series and be followed with a continuation of the DSC arc and then by an original 2410 tangent or connection between an older series and something from a recent episode (whereas under their usual pattern that would all be four incremental episodes in one arc with other integrations coming in tangentially.) I think it could be a great strategy to do more with the IP (and avoid a little fatigue with ALWAYS building up to something, and thereby always deferring payoff to momentary developments.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »

Oh no, not even more disco! I am old enough to know the 70s and 80s as disco time. Oh yes, we are facing a year full of many bugs.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    cxeronockx wrote: »
    Oh yes, we are facing a year full of many bugs.

And how is that different from any other year? I mean we had a whole year where characters were unable to get certain Accolade Unlocked armor visuals right after the Rep System came out. And how about the ongoing issue with the animations on the Intrepid Nacelles and Sector Space? And I'm pretty sure the Mirror Ki'Tang and her wings are still borked....

By its very nature MMOs have bugs. Every time they fix something, a new one is formed. Old code trying to talk to new code, sometimes things get lost in translation.
    At least Cryptic has a regular schedule for maintenance and bug fixes.

Why people focus so much on bugs as if it is actually possible to have a bug free MMO... I don't know.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    *Wonders if we will get Dsc Andorians as a playable character...*
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @tousseau said:
    > *Wonders if we will get Dsc Andorians as a playable character...*

I hope so, and Kelpiens for the 25th century would be nice
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I'm more interested in Disco Orions. :p (and by extension playable KDF mini-faction)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited January 2019
    This would be dependent on if Kelpians reach warp by the 25th century.

Given that he serves in starfleet, and it would go against the prime dirrective to remove him from his homeworld if it does not have warp technology. I can imagine that world or the speices on it that isn't kelpian maybe the species that hunts and eats them has warp technology. I have not seen the short trek for Saru. I should at some point. He was allowed to serve in Starfleet and maybe will become the Captain of the Discovery once Pike finishes whatever he has to do on board the ship. As we knew he and spock are going to do a stint on the Discovery. Hmm I did some reading and they are a prewarp civilization, but the speices that prey upon them more then likely does have warp drive. I guess Saru was a unique exception to the prime directive, not going to spoil it.

I do think we are getting closer to the update, I'm getting the impression if it isn't this week it might be next week.
    Post edited by thevampinator on
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    i really hate winter lulls.
    This would be dependent on if Kelpians reach warp by the 25th century.

Given that he serves in starfleet, and it would go against the prime dirrective to remove him from his homeworld if it does not have warp technology. I can imagine that world or the speices on it that isn't kelpian maybe the species that hunts and eats them has warp technology. I have not seen the short trek for Saru. I should at some point. He was allowed to serve in Starfleet and maybe will become the Captain of the Discovery once Pike finishes whatever he has to do on board the ship. As we knew he and spock are going to do a stint on the Discovery. Hmm I did some reading and they are a prewarp civilization, but the speices that prey upon them more then likely does have warp drive. I guess Saru was a unique exception to the prime directive, not going to spoil it.

I do think we are getting closer to the update, I'm getting the impression if it isn't this week it might be next week.
    I have not seen the short trek for Saru. I should at some point.
    and it would go against the prime dirrective to remove him from his homeworld if it does not have warp technology.

umm, yea, ya should lol

Well, some of the best Starfleet Captains know how to cheat the Prime Directive, without actually breaking it.

"Whistles innocently"
    pjxgwS8.jpg
This discussion has been closed.