test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New event for Q's Winter Wonder Land

grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
I see everyone posting and saying different things about the Winter Wonderland event. This is a request to the dev's for next year. Have a event scheduled so every player in the instance meet on the frozen lake and have a battle royal with the Snowconian, all the snowmen throwing snowballs, the Krampus looking thing, Borg Snowmen from the tides of ice, and the bumble from the gingerbread village STO.

Any thoughts from my fellow players
Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    LOL! I am in.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • darpendragondarpendragon Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    I don't know about every player in the instance.

What about people who have only limited time to play and all they do is log into the game and have only time to do the ice race for the ship, but then are forced to do your suggested battle royale. I think that would upset a lot of people if they are forced to participate.
    There is 22 players in an instance...they can't all be running the Fastest Game on Ice. LOL!

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Only if it rewards something other than More Of The Same Ornaments.
    edited December 2018
    It should reward tonnes of Ornament Fragments, for your exchanging pleasure, of course. LOL!
    I swear that has got to be the most annoying currency.

• ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Here's a thought. How about something not combat related? Like idk, building gingerbread houses, or some form of treasure hunting.
    The main reason I don't do QWW so much is that outside of the pie eating contest is all combat stuff. If I want to fight things I have the whole rest of the game. What I love about summer event and anniversary is "no fighting". So OP's idea is one that's only certain to drive me further away.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    edited December 2018
    LOL! I love the snow ball weapons. It is funny stuff. Sorry it repels you.

You know...how about building a snowman....kinda like the sand castles.

And maybe a Snow Labyrinth...like that maintenance tunnel in Temporal Ambassador or that one with Kobali Kim. God, I hate mazes....but I can see ice tunnel mazes added to WW.....for people who like those.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    LOL! I love the snow ball weapons. It is funny stuff. Sorry it repels you.

You know...how about building a snowman....kinda like the sand castles.

And maybe a Snow Labyrinth...like that maintenance tunnel in Temporal Ambassador or that one with Kobali Kim. God, I hate mazes....but I can see ice tunnel mazes added to WW.....for people who like those.
    OOH! a PvP thing where you build a maze!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Build a maze????? That would be different. I can't even imagine how that could be done.

There is 22 players in an instance...they can't all be running the Fastest Game on Ice. LOL!

Not saying that everyone running fastest game on ice. I was saying if anyone logs into any instance just to the race and is forced to do the proposed event, I think that they would be upset, due to that they have only limited time to play games or anything due to family or any other obligations or just life in general.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Only if it rewards something other than More Of The Same Ornaments.

Yeah, just love chasing the Kramups around to get 6 Andorian Sleigh Bells. No one cares about the Uncommon ones Cryptic!
    edited December 2018
    So, they do their race and finish up doffing or whatever.....just like with all the other events going on in WW. No one has to do any of them. Why would this one be any different? I do not see Why it would be.

Why would anyone be "forced" to do anything they do not want to In STO?

So, they do their race and finish up doffing or whatever.....just like with all the other events going on in WW. No one has to do any of them. Why would this one be any different? I do not see Why it would be.

It is the way that the OP worded it

monodoso wrote: »
    I see everyone posting and saying different things about the Winter Wonderland event. This is a request to the dev's for next year. Have a event scheduled so every player in the instance meet on the frozen lake and have a battle royal with the Snowconian, all the snowmen throwing snowballs, the Krampus looking thing, Borg Snowmen from the tides of ice, and the bumble from the gingerbread village STO.

Any thoughts from my fellow players

He said "every player in the instance meet on the frozen lake and have a battle royal with the Snowconian"
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »
    Here's a thought. How about something not combat related? Like idk, building gingerbread houses, or some form of treasure hunting.
    The main reason I don't do QWW so much is that outside of the pie eating contest is all combat stuff. If I want to fight things I have the whole rest of the game. What I love about summer event and anniversary is "no fighting". So OP's idea is one that's only certain to drive me further away.

This idea I like. The game is more about fighting, than it is about what Star Trek was originally intended to be. It would be nice to have something other than the race to do that doesn't involve fighting.

They can do the gingerbread houses like you suggest, but also do snowman building like another person mentioned. Something other than more fighting all the time. I have gotten to where I don't do anything other than The Fastest Game on Ice anymore, unless I am with someone else that wants to do the other stuff. I just hop into episodes after doing the race.

I also wish that they would let us turn in more of the items needed to obtain the ship for marks after we obtain the ship on 1 character. I know that it used to give Dil. But if they charge more than 40 of them, but let you keep doing the project, that would be awesome. Players will not have to do the race more than once on a single character, but those that could do it, will be able to do it for rewards worth it.

Razar.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!

It is the way that the OP worded it

Cryptic would never do that just for one game on WW. Matter of fact, they don't do this for any part of the entire game. You only ever have to participate in things you choose to.

edited January 2019
    Speaking of Snow Mazes......

I happened across this article this morning. This is pretty amazing.
    Canada has a LOT of snow, huh?

Wait a min they had to truck in the snow to the site...but they had to get it there from somewhere.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4819251/manitoba-snow-maze-open

Found a still picture of that snow maze: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/snow-maze-manitoba-record-1.4967680

This discussion has been closed.